forum

Dungeon Fighter Online

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis
Looks okay, but since it's a closed beta I'll probably never try it.
Ivalset
Despite the fact that Ekaru made a thread for it, this game is great. Nukes, bitches suplexing minotaurs larger than the screen, flamethrowers, crazy muscular priests beating shit to death with wooden crosses, it's got it all. My biggest concern is how outdated the englilsh version will be compared to the korean version.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Current status:

The Nexon forums have been in an uproar all day. If you have received the email while others haven't, you are automatically a troll. In reality, it's just taking Nexon a looooooooooong time to send out the emails. *shrugs* I think what happened was that they didn't predict that it would take this long, so here we are, waiting. I think I'll just go to bed...

...Though, if anything, it's amusing watching everyone freak out over an unnecessary email. Apparently they're dying just because they haven't gotten the email yet. Some people *have* gotten the emails, though.

So, as usual, 90% of the Nexon forums is acting as if there is no life outside of waiting for an email. Quite amusing. Though everyone knows whether they were accepted, and that the email for downloading that they're waiting for is everywhere. Right now they *should* be waiting for the download, not an email, but eh. It's amusing.

Tomorrow: Server delay and following server crash, with detailed statistics and logistics. Maybe some actual gameplay and screenshots, if the server lasts for more than 10 minutes. Yes, I'm doing a report for the hell of it. Sue me.

EDIT: 11:30 PM Central: It's up now for the people here I know got into the CB.
Two_old
Is there a skill list?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
http://dnfwiki.machine-code.com/index.p ... =Main_Page

Clicking the main class gives you the general skills for that class and general look. Clicking the sub class gives you the sub class's skills. Most of them have descriptions and such up. Names might have changed slightly in the NA release.

Also, monster exp is the same. But, they readjusted the quest experience to whatever the hell they felt like (per quest). Pretty much always more when they did so. You have been warned. It mostly feels the same rate, though.

There's a record video function ingame, and the vids are pretty much compressed and ready for youtube, so I'll post some videos of me sucking tomorrow. In the meantime, here's my friend's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/QuixtrikeDaExo
Ivalset
Whoo, hit Witch today, and they own. Brooms wreck shit pretty hard, had a 100 combo in the Dragonoid Nest boss room.

Also I got enhanced magic missile which is essentially chain lightning. It owns.
Two_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
They're not good for bosses, but their aoe is apparently pretty decent.

Pretty much any class except ranger is good in some way.

edit: Some classes are better in PvP than others, so a lot of what you might read may be based on that. In reality, no class (except rangers) is gimped to the point of being bad, some classes just are way more awesome. The trick is really just finding a class you enjoy playing, since there are a damn lot of them. I'd suggest playing everything you think you'd enjoy playing, and play them. The Fatigue system won't let you play one character all day anyway.

I plan on making a Witch, a Grappler, a Spitfire (once female gunners come out), and probably a Weaponmaster or whatever they call them now.

Grapplers are fucking badass.
Two_old
are grapplers the ones with vac hack?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Ivalset
Two_old
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Game has a good soundtrack. Can easily get to it, too, since they didn't package it, unlike the voices and sound effects. Dunno why they did that. .ogg, so you need a player that can play those. Worth it, though.

Mage's voice is indeed fine. I don't think of how they could make it much better, actually. Kinda glad they didn't try to make it super high pitched. Game has decent/good voice acting overall. I'm tempted to say, "if you think the voice acting sucks total balls and is intolerable, you're a weeaboo", but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

@Two: Style is basically Aerial Combos and regular Combos and something else. You get technique for Overkill, Back Attacks, and something else. I think I got that right, at least.
Ivalset
As much of an anime hater as I am, you guys should watch the Arad Senki anime. If not because it's hilarious and ties in to the game, do it for the first ending and second opening:

(note: There's no good link of just the second opening, so just watch the first 1:40 or whatever)
2nd Opening

1st Ending
Topic Starter
Ekaru
2nd OP was hilarious. XD 1st ED was, and will probably forever be just plain epic in my eyes. I'll probably watch it for the hell of it when I get back from camping.
Pokebis

Ekaru wrote:

get back from camping.
Oh, you.
Two_old
I don't get it
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Early Access starts on the 15th. PAX guys got a key. Will also be distributed via IGN.com, Gamespot, and whatever other sites they choose.

Launch? The... 22nd.

Both are September 2009 dates, just so you aren't confused.

Thought this was a worthy update. Yes, there is no Open Beta.

dfosource.com and other sites and blogs on the internet are my source, because Nexon is slow.

BTW if you're outside of the NA, you're IP Blocked. I kind of saw this coming, though, considering they stated that this version was for the USA and Canada, which are apparently the only countries in North America. Apparently Mexico doesn't exist.
Tapdancingmetroid

Ekaru wrote:

Early Access starts on the 15th. PAX guys got a key.
Speaking of which, I have 2 extras, if anyone wants them. :D
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Yes, please!
Kharl

Ekaru wrote:

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Yes, please!
Me too! :)
Two_old
early access beta keys: http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/dun ... line-beta/
http://www.1up.com/ (NOTE: 1UP.com keys not available until September 10th.)

I made rolled an account even though I know he won't play :(

also it says on their site that characters created during early access are permanent
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Yeah, they made a news post.

I will have... 12 extra keys because of that. Uh, anyone need a key? >.>;

(CBers get 5 keys, hence why I'll have 12- 1 from metroid, 10 from 2 CB accounts, and 1 from another guy)
Zatoichi
Asura here I come
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Two_old
I would imagine that the servers will be up around the same time the client was.
Two_old
Game is up and I got all the names I wanted ^_^
Ivalset
Oh, how I have missed "YOU GOTTA SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY"

In as Tessie and Ivalsetto.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Two_old
my names are Soul Blair(witch :) ) Crusader Magic Fear and Glory

I'm only going to really play soul and blair though.
Zatoichi
Pokebis
Pokebis
Zerostarry
lukewarmholiday

Zatoichi wrote:

Zato1
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

And a couple bros are trying this game out so I may try it this weekend or something.
Two_old
wtb grak master's group :(
Zatoichi
if you try to tab out of the game to type in aim n shit the game throws verification pop ups

penalty for fucking it up is a disconnection, and the game can throw the verification at you during fights AND after boss battles meaning if you just happen to screw up you're out of a prize
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Yeah, that wasn't there during CB. I have no idea why the hell they threw that in. I hope they remove it.
Two_old
I've been able to alt tab just fine with nothing popping up
show more