forum

What counts as a play count?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
I've been playing a lot of modified maps lately. I don't think they count sadly.

Submitted, not ranked = ?
Not submitted = ?
Play 10 seconds of a map then restart = playcount?
Wishy
You have to play the map for 4/5 seconds or smth.
MillhioreF
Only ranked and approved maps count towards playcount. The figures I heard are 10 seconds or 30 combo, whichever comes first, but those aren't official so take them with a grain of salt.
Zare

MillhioreF wrote:

Only ranked and approved maps count towards playcount. The figures I heard are 10 seconds or 30 combo, whichever comes first, but those aren't official so take them with a grain of salt.
30 combo would at least make sense since that's when the actual combo starts (combofire, sound when dropping combo)
pielak213
­
silmarilen
so you're saying retrying after like 5 notes doesnt add playcount?
pielak213
­
silmarilen
then i played a lot more times than my profile shows lol
Aqo
Wait so unranked doesn't add to playcount?
pielak213
­
Aqo
Oh I must have huge playcount then.
Wishy

Aqo wrote:

Wait so unranked doesn't add to playcount?
That's quite obvious.
Aqo

Wishy wrote:

That's quite obvious.
Not really. It says "playcount" not "ranked playcount".
Tshemmp

Aqo wrote:

Wishy wrote:

That's quite obvious.
With the same logic you could argue that "Maximum Combo" is not "Ranked Maximum Combo", thus there might be the possibilty that unranked plays can influence this.

Come on, use common sense, ofcourse playcount is only for ranked plays.
All stats are recorded for ranked palys, there have never been stats recorded for unranked stuff.
buny

Aqo wrote:

Wishy wrote:

That's quite obvious.
If you hover over it it'll tell you that it's ranked playcounts only
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
What about maps that are ranked but needs to be updated?
Dekonare

Saph1 wrote:

I don't think they will be added to your play count since they need to be updated in order to "reach" the leaderboards.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
sCam
anytime u play a ranked map. you don't have to pass. if you fail or quit it counts. also when you accidently click a map while scrolling the menu, i think that counts too. have like 100+ pc cuz of that -.-

don't forget multiplayer. i think that counts too, if u pass. dunno bout failing.
Zare

Saph1 wrote:

Obviously not, because the version you have is not the ranked version, but a version that needs to be updated.

herpderp
bwross

sCam wrote:

also when you accidently click a map while scrolling the menu, i think that counts too. have like 100+ pc cuz of that -.-
Only if you actually play enough for it to count. I've had a successful play not be registered... it was a very short song and I was playing with keyboard-only for the first time so the results were obviously bad (one hand trying to do rhythm while the other is pounding away as fast as possible just to get the cursor where it needs to go... also, no chance of completing a spinner). So, yeah, if you score less than 10000 on a song, even if you completed it, it won't be counted.

Note that it's very easy to get past 10000 on short/simple songs with mania. Five or six notes might be enough.
pielak213
­
CarmesiKiller
Lol i was asking me the same :P thanks for the answers
Deva
Can you at least necro in proper English next time please?