forum

Recent Activity Customization

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
ryza
While it seems most people have become used to top 500 scores being shown in the recent activity, I'm still not happy with it. But I think I've come up with a good compromise...

Mostly, I really dislike that I can't play a newly ranked map to access the funspoiler settings without getting a bad score shown on my profile. It takes a while for these maps to get 500 scores that are better than I could get on my first run, even with no fail.

What I propose is a system to customize what ranks are shown by grade. Here's how it would work, I guess:

Show XH Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 200)
Show SS Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 200)
Show SH Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 100)
Show S Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 100)
Show A Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 50)
Show B Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 25)
Show C Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 10)
Show D Grade scores only at rank ____ or higher. (Minimum value -- 0)

should that say higher? or lower? maybe lower? I don't know. "higher" implies a better rank, but it also could mean a higher number
well, you know what I mean
I hope

All values are default set to 500, which is how it works currently. And with this system, you could increase that number - maybe cap it off at 2000? For players who aren't as good, but still find that as an accomplishment.

You should also be able to set it differently for each mode, as well.

Uhm, yeah, I guess
yeah
thank you for your time
Aqo
Silynn why do you care if a bad score shows on your profile. If anybody asks just tell them you were playing stoned
Topic Starter
ryza
I don't like it

I want people to think I'm better at the game than I really am
Luna
Yes please, as a Taiko player my profile is often spammed with completely irrelevant scores. I mean, basically every single time I get a new score on a map, it's a Top 500 since Taiko has so few active players.
Sometimes, when I play a lot of different maps during a day, the ENTIRE recent activity list is filled with meaningless notifications from ~2 hours of playing. Those scores are not noteworthy, they are "press Random Map and play once" scores. If I ever get a "decent" score, it's kicked off the list immediately by 1pc throwaway scores.
Looking at my recent activity now, all the scores I see there are 1pc random scores that I could easily beat and that aren't even "good" when looking at the overall performance of players on that map.

At least give us an option to only show scores in the top X% of scores on a map. Many Taiko maps don't even reach 500 scores within a reasonable time frame, so it still shows your record if you place dead last...
theowest
I just want to point out that this idea was very well liked in related profile requests.

theowest wrote:

Even better, being able to customize what the Recent Activity should say.
C;
Aqo
I just want to point out that I like Silynn's idea too and support this.

It didn't seem like much at first but random #500 spam is really annoying for people who play ranked a lot. It would be much better if this was limited in some basic way (only at-least-B-rank and at-least-top-half of scoreboard so that #200 out of #300 total won't show).
bwross
Yeah, it's too spammy currently. If customization isn't an option, some set heuristics to limit things would be really nice.
Sync

Silynn wrote:

I don't like it

koromo

Silynn wrote:

I don't like it

This so much.

But in all seriousness, I loathe the top 500 thing so much that I often refrain from playing recently ranked maps because I hate random A/B/non-FCs/bad scores/etc showing up on my profile. No one cares about bad scores anyway, only top 100 ranks are interesting.

Quoting my own post from a different thread:

koromo wrote:

My point is, top 500 ranks aren't exactly exciting. I'd much rather display good, difficult to achieve ranks over some random no mod ranks, and I'm also more interested in seeing good ranks by other people rather than (as I already stated before) random single play no mod ranks.
Oinari-sama
I'd prefer turning off the whole top 500 display and display something like multi player history instead...
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
why would you think someone is actually watching your profile
xsrsbsns

ot: showing just top 100 was enough for me.
TakuMii
Yeah, I agree that the current top-500 system is flawed. It doesn't make sense why I'd need to S rank an older song into my recent activity list when newer beatmaps and osu!mania plays (and also probably on other modes) appear there even if I get terrible scores.
ieb
I think #501 of 100000 should be better than #39 of 40 but only the second will be shown. I agree with you.