forum

Erwin Beekveld - They're Taking The Hobbits To Isengard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December 21, 2007 at 7:47:45 PM

Artist: Erwin Beekveld
Title: They're Taking The Hobbits To Isengard
BPM: 138
Filesize: 5035kb
Play Time: 01:39
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.73 stars, 101 notes)
  2. Hard (4.65 stars, 209 notes)
Download: Erwin Beekveld - They're Taking The Hobbits To Isengard
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Some quick notes:

Hard mode swaps between various snap divisors, including 1/6 and 1/8. I snapped everything to the Beats in the beginning, and then to the lyrics, and in one spot, the beat again.

Normal mode sticks to the beat of the song, with only the 1/2 divisor. So DON'T tap to the lyrics, or you'll get tons of 100s, listen for the tune in the background.

Also, watch Hard Mode in Edit Mode first, so you can get an idea of how the map changes from the beat to the lyrics.

Updated the beatmap. Hard mode has a slower drop rate, and normal has more gameplay.
Updated the Beatmap again, this time with a better sync to the video.
Loginer
Hard was a great beatmap, even though it was a bit too hard at some spots. Normal, however, had WAY to many breaks. Also, no video on Normal. So, give Normal more gameplay, fix the video-thingie, and, if you want to, lower the HP Drain on Hard. Then it's pretty rankable. :3
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Done.

Also, did anyone get three different videos in their .osz? I accidentally had various converted videos in there.

For me, I can't get the video to sync properly. SUPER refuses to encode the file with various settings, so I used Windows Movie Maker to cut the video to the start of the song a few times.

No matter where I cut it, it's always off. (The current version has the video starting when the music is supposed to start, but osu! lags about 3 seconds behind.)
wiicademan
Right after I complete my beatmap of this song, I realize it's already been made. >_<

I'll submit my version of the beatmap to the completed beatmaps section, if anyone wants to see it...

A couple of things I didn't like in yours: Like Loginer said, in easy there are way too many rests. I don't like how there are two spinners right after eachother in parts; it's confusing. Plus, you need to work on your beat spacing in the hard level. I think most of the difficulty in the hard level comes from the positioning of the beats.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Beat spacing? I used automatic beat spacing on pretty much every beat. So it's Osu!'s fault if the spacing is too hard.
Also, I fixed the rests, did you get the update I put up yesterday?

I'd love to see your beatmap, btw.

Another thing- It's called hard mode for a reason. It's supposed to be HARD. You're supposed to fail miserably and learn the beatmap over time. Have you played Brady - Love Fighter or Cross Time? The beat spacing wasn't correct in quite a few places, but it became easy after learning the beatmap. (Sorry if that sounded rude)
wiicademan
I guess I'll make a new thread using in-game submission for my beatmap...

I think the hard modes of songs are supposed to be hard, but not because they are frustrating. Everything should still be the way the player thinks it should be while he's playing, just that there are more beats, or something. But that's just what I think. :P
Gunzil
Good beatmap, this is rankable material.
Extor
Indeed it is.

*bubbles*
Gilrad
I'd say the video needs a little bit of offset.

In the .osu file, where you see:
1,0,"Hobbits.wmv"

Change it to:
1,-675,"Hobbits.wmv"

At least, that's the best I could figure for timing. I think maybe the video isn't going the same speed as the audio, because I just can't seem to get it perfect.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Updated with your suggestion, Gilrad.

I hope this can get ranked, and hopefully along with wiicademan's version as well.
MaxwellDemon
Thought it was really good... my only dislike is that the spinner and the next clickable beat is too close to each other. But that's because I am not very good at the game. Otherwise, *ranked*. :P
Nintendonick4
Hmmm... my only possible complaints are those surprise spinners and the fact the the video is ever-so-slightly off from the audio.

(I noticed it first on the 'Gar-G-G-G-gard' part. A good point to work from for syncing, I'd say.)
Chaos Anime X
I don't like normal at all......spinners are placed WAY to difficult for a map of that difficulty!
Metroid
You know this map was made about a year ago?