forum

Shortcut to change screen resolutions. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Keredna
Title pretty much says it all. Basically this is a request to add a shortcut to change screen resolution without having to go to the option menu.

Why add this?
- It is inconvenient to change resolution during multiplayer. I might not be able to get back into the same room.
- When playing on max wide screen in multiplayer, I can't see my task bar, so downloading maps is somewhat a problem. I have to constantly hit the window key just to see my task bar, and I usually have my windows key disabled in case I click on it during game play. Then when the game starts, I would forget to disable the windows key again, and cause me to lose a game. =(

The list can go on to more areas, but you get the idea.
those
Why do you need to change resolutions outside of windowed/fullscreen, which can be achieved with Alt+Enter anyway?
deadbeat
can't you just use alt+enter?
Topic Starter
Keredna
Isn't that for full screen? I don't like full screen for several reasons.

1. It alters the height of the images, so everything look fatter for me.
2. Pen location changes, so the coordinates on my tablet won't be the same.
deadbeat
ok. lets try this

Keredna wrote:

- It is inconvenient to change resolution during multiplayer. I might not be able to get back into the same room.
change resolution before playing multi. and if you were invited to a game, use the invite to get back :/

Keredna wrote:

- When playing on max wide screen in multiplayer, I can't see my task bar, so downloading maps is somewhat a problem. I have to constantly hit the window key just to see my task bar, and I usually have my windows key disabled in case I click on it during game play. Then when the game starts, I would forget to disable the windows key again, and cause me to lose a game. =(
why do you need to play on max wide screen, if that the problem, then why not just use a resolution that doesn't block your taskbar.
Topic Starter
Keredna
I do play with tablet and mouse interchangeably depending on how serious I am about a game/map.
- Since I'm not a pro mouse player, I'd like to stick with max standard resolution for mouse play.
- When I'm on tablet, most of the time I'd like to have my resolution on max wide, because it makes notes bigger. However, there are still times when I have to play on max standard (ex. Can't defeat airman).

As for the invitation, I mostly join random games, and a lot of the times the people in the room can't speak English, but they are great players. =)
That's why I don't like to risk leaving the room just to switch resolution.
deadbeat
i don't really see much of a difference between max wide and fullscreen. to be honest, this sounds like a picky request. i've voiced by opinion on this, so i'm gonna step back and see what others feel about this
Topic Starter
Keredna
Thank you for giving me the chance deadbeat. =)
bwross
I'm getting tired of going back to the main menu and over to options to change my resolution every time I want to play a Taiko map, just to get the proper track instead of the short one that's much harder on my eyes. I'll support anything that will make that simpler.
Topic Starter
Keredna
To prevent further confusions for other people, the difference between Full Screen and Screen Resolution is this:

And just to add more emphasis on why I don't like full screen, here are two screen shots comparison of the before and after full screen changes.
- The first image is my full screen standard (1280x960). The cursor position shows where the center of my tablet currently is.
- The second image is after making it into full screen (still on 1280x960). Everything gets stretched wider that even the letter "o" in the osu! logo looks more round than the logo itself. And as you can see, the cursor position is still displaying where the center of my tablet is, but it is no longer on the center of the screen, thus making it impossible for me to play normally.
- Nothing changes when I go from full wide screen to full screen, but that really serves no purpose for me to do.
**Sorry for the quality of the second image. I had to use a camera to take the picture. F12 and Print Screen both don't show the change.

And thank you bwross for supporting my request! =D
peppy
Your fullscreen is stretched because you are running at a non-widescreen resolution.

I have no intentions on adding resolution switching outside of the options menu, both for usability and technical reasons.