forum

fripSide - only my railgun (TV Size) [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DJPop
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 13 กุมภาพันธ์ 2556 at 23:09:02

Artist: fripSide
Title: only my railgun (TV Size)
Source: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Tags: SEiBiN mania
BPM: 143
Filesize: 24911kb
Play Time: 01:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. 4K HD - 4Key (4.06 stars, 422 notes)
  2. 4K MX - 4Key (5 stars, 708 notes)
  3. 4K NM - 4Key (2.44 stars, 217 notes)
  4. 7K HD - 7Key (5 stars, 754 notes)
  5. 7K MX - 7Key (5 stars, 1174 notes)
  6. 7K NM - 7Key (3.9 stars, 383 notes)
Download: fripSide - only my railgun (TV Size)
Download: fripSide - only my railgun (TV Size) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
1st osu!mania beatmap :D
Frostmourne
ok , I'm first
pw384
then my second
kiddly
got a floor
ZHSteven
4th with a star
Lieselotte
lol
rickyboi
yeaaaa cool chart :)
ignorethis
Cool. I may try this when I get my iidx controller to work :)
Hanyuu
Nice :P
Bobbias
Really fun map. Great patterns. I hope you make more mania maps.
Musty
DJPop Godlike
Topic Starter
DJPop
Updated 4 keys, enjoy crashing keyboard :D

Please re-download the map.
loveFantasy
floor
xxbidiao
Some opinions for this map:

I mostly played the MX difficulties and find some issues.
Firstly, in 7K MX, the note sound is very strange, and it makes the sound of the music really weird :(
Secondly, there are a large number of notes which is really, really hard to identify its position in music. and these note styles is only presented once in the song( like 10s). ( and many places after that). That is very strange for players: the same rhythm types but only one part is very hard, after the hard period there are many easy things. My opinion is that the whole song is better if the difficulty of the song in most times are stable, and "one-second kill" should not be used so often.
Thirdly, in the MX difficulty there are a great deal of streams that players need to press the same note at 1/16 speed. For increasing the difficulty of the some it is OK, but there may be some other method to increase the difficulty. like in 7Key MX, after nearly 55s, players are mostly playing the drum hits with repeated 1/16 streams. It is boring, actually there are more elements which can be inserted into the song ( including drum hits itself! There are 2 styles of drum hits for 1/4s and 1/16s). If you can try making more elements implemented into the song, it's a great plus :)
Fourthly, In both MX difficulties continuous sliders are used in the middle of the song( e.g. 47s) . I didn't find enough clues about whether these sliders are for. If these sliders are only for increasing difficulties, my suggestion is to change these notes to double or triple notes.
Fifthly, there is a "one-second kill" in 30s and another place later than that. The style is beautiful, though the last five notes directly after the slider ends is hard to find its location in music. ( The sliders' end is on music.) You may try to fix a little on these notes :)

Anyway, great work :)
ACOMG
The sound seems not matching the music...
AngelHoney
<3
Roxas
You are crazy, really crazy.

Osu needs more people like you <33333 Really thanks for this map <33
mJocko
I just love how you arranged the sounds in there, I had fun making music while there were no notes with the sounds you added. I haven't played all difficulties yet, but i'm gonna to. Great map.
Btw keep making more mania maps, converted maps are good but there's no comparision.
popner
:)
Bless
Cool~ <3
C_Venn
maybe add "TV Size" to the title?
NatsumeRin
I admire your work.
Kuroneko-sHerald
inb4 best mania map of 2013 ever 8-)
Jenny
I told you not to do drugs O:
woc2006
Suggestion:
You use slider as long note, consider that you made the map before I implemented hold tool, this is not a big problem.
But it's better you use hold instead of slider which makes sample check easier in editor.
Scorpiour
support! may mod this map later ~~
kanpakyin
good stuff!
popner
I'm not a mania player so I will only give a few suggestions on general setting and rhythm lol.

[4K NM]
01:12:162 - comparing with 1st chorus(start at 00:10:064), this part is much more difficulty. The main reason is that 1/3 rhythm is use together with normal rhythm on same key so it is not easy to judge:
Maybe always change the key for this 1/3 part? Like this:

[4K HD]
00:16:778 (69,70,71) - feel a little empty for this part..

[7K MX]
00:55:379 - the volume change here is sharp and unexpected. I know it is unable to decrease volume of a track alone, maybe you can change global volume? I don't know if it will hurt much.

Other diffs fine.

Excellent mapset with amazing hitsounds! Hope this can be ranked! :)
Snowy Dream
Nice mania map w!
Good Luck pop-chan~
Frostmourne
ผมลองเอาไปเทียบกับใน mode osu .. offset 8 (+13)

แต่บางที offset ของ mania อาจจะตรงก็ได้ ผมก็ไม่รู้เหมือนกันอ่ะพี่ - -" ไม่แม่นมากขนาดนั้นเหมือนกัน 55 เดี๋ยวผมลองถามมิคให้ครับ

no kd
Topic Starter
DJPop
Thanks for every supports :)

xxbidiao wrote:

Some opinions for this map:

I mostly played the MX difficulties and find some issues.
Firstly, in 7K MX, the note sound is very strange, and it makes the sound of the music really weird :(
- Adjusted their volumes, should be better
Secondly, there are a large number of notes which is really, really hard to identify its position in music. and these note styles is only presented once in the song( like 10s). ( and many places after that). That is very strange for players: the same rhythm types but only one part is very hard, after the hard period there are many easy things. My opinion is that the whole song is better if the difficulty of the song in most times are stable, and "one-second kill" should not be used so often.
- I usually make some differences for the duplicated parts, either change a pattern or make a bit harder
Thirdly, in the MX difficulty there are a great deal of streams that players need to press the same note at 1/16 speed. For increasing the difficulty of the some it is OK, but there may be some other method to increase the difficulty. like in 7Key MX, after nearly 55s, players are mostly playing the drum hits with repeated 1/16 streams. It is boring, actually there are more elements which can be inserted into the song ( including drum hits itself! There are 2 styles of drum hits for 1/4s and 1/16s). If you can try making more elements implemented into the song, it's a great plus :)
- Consider it as a relax part before intense pattern =P
Fourthly, In both MX difficulties continuous sliders are used in the middle of the song( e.g. 47s) . I didn't find enough clues about whether these sliders are for. If these sliders are only for increasing difficulties, my suggestion is to change these notes to double or triple notes.
- Guitars
Fifthly, there is a "one-second kill" in 30s and another place later than that. The style is beautiful, though the last five notes directly after the slider ends is hard to find its location in music. ( The sliders' end is on music.) You may try to fix a little on these notes :)
- I think it's common in O2Jam. Easier to play than its look though.

Anyway, great work :)

woc2006 wrote:

Suggestion:
You use slider as long note, consider that you made the map before I implemented hold tool, this is not a big problem.
But it's better you use hold instead of slider which makes sample check easier in editor.
- Fixed

popner wrote:

I'm not a mania player so I will only give a few suggestions on general setting and rhythm lol.

[4K NM]
01:12:162 - comparing with 1st chorus(start at 00:10:064), this part is much more difficulty. The main reason is that 1/3 rhythm is use together with normal rhythm on same key so it is not easy to judge:
Maybe always change the key for this 1/3 part? Like this:
- Fixed by removed some notes

[4K HD]
00:16:778 (69,70,71) - feel a little empty for this part..
- That part is guitar solo

[7K MX]
00:55:379 - the volume change here is sharp and unexpected. I know it is unable to decrease volume of a track alone, maybe you can change global volume? I don't know if it will hurt much.
- Adjusted their volumes, should be better

Other diffs fine.

Excellent mapset with amazing hitsounds! Hope this can be ranked! :)

Frostmourne wrote:

ผมลองเอาไปเทียบกับใน mode osu .. offset 8 (+13)
แต่บางที offset ของ mania อาจจะตรงก็ได้ ผมก็ไม่รู้เหมือนกันอ่ะพี่ - -" ไม่แม่นมากขนาดนั้นเหมือนกัน 55 เดี๋ยวผมลองถามมิคให้ครับ
no kd
มันเหลื่อมยิ่งกว่าเดิมอีก :?
B2IN
' v '
ssssssssssssssss
Awesome map.
In fact it's the most wonderful hitsound set I have ever seen :)
chonicle
Something about the mp3 hitsounds:

Here is a screenshot of normal-hitclap12.mp3:
http://puu.sh/1Ycrs
This has around 30ms latency.... Might be related to the fact that coding of the mp3 add blank into it.

You can use ogg instead. Just convert the original wav file to ogg with no blank in the front. ogg coding doesn't add blank and osu also recognizes it as long as the filename doesn't change. (normal-hitclap12.mp3->normal-hitclap12.ogg is OK)
show more