forum

Permanent Flashlight Cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nephasth
It's simple, it's a cursor which makes it just like you always have the flashlight mod enabled.

Reasons why you should use this cursor:
- Flashlight is how the game is meant to be played, you don't need bonus points for playing properly
- The interface is too easy to navigate
- Make your replays all look way more pro
- The constant blacking out while using sliders with the actual flashlight mod can be annoying, use this to either eliminate that effect, or, use it with flashlight to effectively set a maximum visible area (No need to wait for a high combo just to have a proper amount of visible space)

New Cursor pack added! It includes more realistic visible areas with a 100 combo and 200 combo cursor (visible area seems to stop shrinking after about 200x combo), they're named cursor100.png and cursor200.png respectively. The original cursor, with approximately half the diameter of a 200 combo (meaning about 1/4th the visible area) has been renamed cursorPro.png

Having cursorExpand enabled in your skin.ini file will increase the visible area when you click, you can choose to disable it. Having cursorRotate enabled can cause the edges of the screen to become visible.

SPOILER
Feel free to ignore the part where my internet was flipping out when the screenshots were taken.

Download Links:
Pro cursor (teal): http://www.mediafire.com/?o6a4jzu1i8ckuzn
Cursor pack (red): http://www.mediafire.com/?fbromu8458m4uq1

You're free to use the files however you want.
XPJ38
I'll definitely use this during the osu! World Cup.

no
winber1
this is even harder than flashlight. i can't even see if a damn spinner is showing up, or what song i'm choosing. or see the osu main menu, or anything.

aka, good skin, using it to fc airman
BeatofIke
Super Flashlight Mod! 8-)
Jackyyy
Here is a different flashlight cursor thread. t/4804
Topic Starter
Nephasth

TheJackyyy wrote:

Here is a different flashlight cursor thread. t/4804
I would be in favour of a collaborative project to merge the two. Combined we should be able to create a skin so completely obstructive to actually seeing what's going on that Osu! can finally be played the way it was meant to be played (with mad skills).
buny
Not too sure how FL is the way osu is supposed to be played.
-GN
is this a disguised "i'm decent at flashlight but i don't get the attention i deserve!!1" thread?
ZeroEightOne
It's impossibruu to play in CtB
Topic Starter
Nephasth

-GN wrote:

is this a disguised "i'm decent at flashlight but i don't get the attention i deserve!!1" thread?
I'd like to think that the best things are created when your internet's down.
H_Hitachiin
This is interesting...
OsuMe65
ITT shows how to fool the pros...
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Nephasth

BRBP wrote:

I'm actually going to use this for practice, thank you.
The only problem is that the black area is too small :P

Wait, what res are you playing on? The image is 4000 pixels wide (just enough so up to 1920x1080 will be totally covered regardless of cursor position). Easy enough to fix, I can upload a super-huge version if you'd like.
fabriciorby
interesting
isirys
Wow, I like that :) I'll use this for practice.
VoidnOwO
ReVeNg3r
Interesting,i think i will practice with it,but i think the shown area is too small.With real flashlight it is i little larger ,i think.
winber1

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Interesting,i think i will practice with it,but i think the shown area is too small.With real flashlight it is i little larger ,i think.
flashlight becomes that small once your combo reaches like 200 or something.
ReVeNg3r

winber1 wrote:

ReVeNg3r wrote:

flashlight becomes that small once your combo reaches like 200 or something.
No,it's smaller.

EDIT: lol ,i can't even pass any easy difficulty, with original fl i can pass normal easily.thats funny
VoidnOwO
ReVeNg3r

BRBP wrote:

This is smaller than original FL with 200 combo. I find it more useful since it's forcing me to memorize the majority of a map even on [normal/medium], which helps a lot more in the long run than only having to memorize few jumps per map.
I don't even see when the approach circle hits the note when it's AR 8 and more
It would be much better when it was like original.
Topic Starter
Nephasth
I just did some checks. The visible area for the flashlight seems to stop shrinking at around a 200 combo. The original cursor I had posted has about half the diameter (thus 1/4th the visible area). I've uploaded a cursor pack which has cursor equivalents to a 100 and 200 combo in addition to the original cursor.
H_Hitachiin
This cursor gave me nightmares yesterday...
ReVeNg3r

Nephasth wrote:

I've uploaded a cursor pack which has cursor equivalents to a 100 and 200 combo in addition to the original cursor.
Thank you. Now it's perfect. 8-)
Topic Starter
Nephasth

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Nephasth wrote:

I've uploaded a cursor pack which has cursor equivalents to a 100 and 200 combo in addition to the original cursor.
Thank you. Now it's perfect. 8-)
Glad I could help ^^

H_Hitachiin wrote:

This cursor gave me nightmares yesterday...
Also glad I could help :D
lesterjim238
thanks for this i play osu droid with that flashlight cursor pack thanks for this :)
show more