forum

Mouse in both hand [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
KuuuGR
I want to play, while keep mices in both hand. I mean every mouse, has separate cursor.
It makes people have better coordination and personaly give more joy of play.

PS. I cant find this in features topic. And my second idea:
why features topic are not arranged in: song, gameplay, mods, technical or some of these categories?
It's really pain in the ass to look after all this about 50 pages with random topics.
Full Tablet
That would give significant advantage to some ambidextrous people, specially in some TAG4 maps.
Archangel Tirael
bwross

Full Tablet wrote:

That would give significant advantage to some ambidextrous people, specially in some TAG4 maps.
I imagine that using two mice is probably different enough that they'd have to get their own rank list. So the only advantage would be against other people playing that way.
Uncle Buly
lol 2 cursors kgo
H_Hitachiin
:? As if the 2 cursors in Osu!Stream didn't already confuse me.
jemhuntr
did you not know that windows merges all pointing devices to act as one? Thus if you connect 2 mice and you move both in opposite directions, the cursor would stay where it is.

Sorry if I'm not getting your point.
Saten
Yeah it'll only act as 1 normally

I don't even think this feature is even possible.
chaotic_iak
It's possible, though the technique might be patented or something? Get Reflexive's Mouse Party to allow osu! its multi-mice action.
Saten
So you are saying you can play with both hands accurately?
How many uses 2 mice, or have them even connected?

And as someone said, it would really be confusing.
osu!stream is different though, you wont be able to see the cursor constantly like you would on the PC version.

And not to mention, fast beatmaps...
There are tons of them
bwross
I have two mice connected, and both are used.

And they do work as one pointing device. However, I'm positive that if you dig to a low enough level you could do two cursors. Either that, or modern Windows is less capable than an Amiga from 1985.
she_old

bwross wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

I imagine that using two mice is probably different enough that they'd have to get their own rank list. So the only advantage would be against other people playing that way.
if using 2 cursors then yes, it would kill many jumps as people could just use the secondary hand as a backup for hard jumps.
[Luanny]
play osu!stream D:
It would be really confusing to play this way
Soaprman
Seems to me like something that'd just be fun maybe 2 or 3 times before you go back to playing normally.
Topic Starter
KuuuGR
No, JeMhUnTeR, I know that Windows merge cursor at one. I'm already separate it with TeamPlayer. No is not confused. I feel like I'm flying :) And it's not for play onece or twice only. I can make record of my play and share it in YouTube. Besides, I'm not skillful player yet. So show would be probably poor.
But use this metod has one big problem: you must click to change cursor to mouse youre clicking. It's not comfortable in play.
Thx for so many responses
theowest
I just got extremely frustrated by how insane and stupid this request is. Think about this for a minute. Who would actually be able to play this? How would you play it?
she_old
Mouse only players could probably do it if they're good with both hands. It'd be the same as mouse only but with an extra mouse \:D/
Saten
I can actually play with Tablet and Mouse at the same time (of course, with one cursor only)
But dual mice is a completely different thing...
Topic Starter
KuuuGR
theowest this is not stupid request. Maybe you don't believe, but when mouse is invented people says "this is useless tool, because you cant write on it". As I wrote earlier, I use sofrware named "TeamPlayer 2.2" but every change of cursor belonging to separate mouse require extra click. It's troublesome. I guess it's not easier to play tablet and mouse at once. Yesterday I wasn't able to pass 2-stars maps. Today I'm able to finish maps with 3 stars. It's only matter of practice. Thx Loseri and Saten for possitive view of concept :)
theowest
This would create a new osu! game mode. Are you guys serious? It's a completely new way to play which wouldn't be efficient when trying to play any osu! map.
she_old
For people who can control a mouse with both hands and who have a mouse only skill level of around tana in their primary hand this certainly would be efficient.

It's a different story when talking about tablet though.
mathexpert
A practical way might be like playing a piano; the dominant hand hits the more complex patterns, while the non-dominant hand hits more simple beats based on rhythm. Sounds pretty fun~
ziin
I already use 2 mice. I'd love to have multiple inputs but that's what osu!stream is for.
kriers

nrii wrote:

mouse one
mouse 2

legit mouse-only player

desk is dusty as fuck
blissfulyoshi
(Assuming I am reading this right) When you tell me how many people want to do 2 high BPM streams simultaneously, I might think about this. (I will look forward to do left-right click streams on both hands) Until then, I agree with theowest.

osu!stream was made for tablets. There are no super high BPM streams, so it has none of those issues.

If you wanted to have 2 separate mouse cursors, then that would unfair for certain type of jumps, but I guess it is not a big deal at this point.
Yarissa
I actually think this would be fairly innovative and really fun to try. However I don't think the game mode itself would have a big enough fanbase to actually bother implementing ingame. Plus, not everyone has two mice.
show more