forum

How to use Keyboard on stream and jump

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MineNanasakii
I just play osu! for 2 weeks . First i use mouse then change to keyboard beacasue some replay and advise .
Then when i use keyboard , i just don't know to use it right ? In some replay i see they just use K1 or K2 in the hole song in verry high speed ...... verry high ( Double time , hard rock , hidden + Hard )
So my question is when we use both 2 fingers and when we use 1 finger on stream and jump and some order case ?? ( I just use both 2 finger @@ in any case just like switching ) :?
kriers
Most people use 1 key for jumps and normal patterns while they use 2 keys for streams.
Some people use 2 keys for both jumps and streams.

What you wish to use is up to you and just do what you feel the most comfortable with. If you want to play this game for a long time, regardless of which style you choose, it will work for you somehow.
Topic Starter
MineNanasakii

kriers wrote:

Most people use 1 key for jumps and normal patterns while they use 2 keys for streams.

What you wish to use is up to you and just do what you feel the most comfortable with. If you want to play this game for a long time, regardless of which style you choose, it will work for you somehow.
Thanks ^^ I guest i'd rather do what most people do > < But ........ Can you choose which of style 1 or both 2 fingers in any case are better ?
bwross
Play around until you find something comfortable. I ended up with a variation of the 1 key pattern/2 key stream... I alternate keys on sliders. So if there's a stack of circles with a slider on the bottom, I'll hit xxxz (and hold the z for the slider), then if more sliders follow, it will be xzxz, and so on.
wolfn

MineNanasakii wrote:

kriers wrote:

Thanks ^^ I guest i'd rather do what most people do > < But ........ Can you choose which of style 1 or both 2 fingers in any case are better ?
Neither is really better and you should do what's comfortable.
However, I should note that learning to alternate keys throughout may help on faster maps that are difficult to single tap for some.
kriers

MineNanasakii wrote:

Can you choose which of style 1 or both 2 fingers in any case are better ?
Using 1 finger is easier to learn and works the best for most players. It's definitely better in that respect.

For 2 fingers you will have to work harder, but there are also advantages involved because you can use 2 fingers
for maps that are too fast to 1key and you might also struggle less with slower streams. If you want to become a really good player, learning this is inevitable.
Kanye West

kriers wrote:

MineNanasakii wrote:

Can you choose which of style 1 or both 2 fingers in any case are better ?
Using 1 finger is easier to learn and works the best for most players. It's definitely better in that respect.

For 2 fingers you will have to work harder, but there are also advantages involved because you can use 2 fingers
for maps that are too fast to 1key and you might also struggle less with slower streams. If you want to become a really good player, learning this is inevitable.
True. There's a lot more versatility when constantly alternating, but its also harder to learn to do.
Topic Starter
MineNanasakii
Hummm . Thanks ^^ That was some good advise So i will partice 1 fingers more but i just keep my Shit style ** it is in my blood now LOL . Can't change
When i meet slide just ZX ZX @@ Don't no why but can't stop
[Luanny]
I use two fingers for EVERYTHING.
Try both styles and pick the one which makes you feel more comfortable to play
I also press both buttons to hit sliders. Dunno why, but it works, hue.
buny
Or learn to play both ways.
bwross

MineNanasakii wrote:

So i will partice 1 fingers more but i just keep my Shit style ** it is in my blood now LOL . Can't change
If you want to change your habits, you'll need to force yourself to break them until a new habit forms. Try playing slow maps where you have time to think between notes and try to alternate the entire song. Even if you're not planing on going to a full 2 finger style, forcing yourself to play everything that way will help set in the habit for the parts you do want to 2 finger. Move up to faster maps once you start feeling comfortable with that.
kriers

bwross wrote:

MineNanasakii wrote:

So i will partice 1 fingers more but i just keep my Shit style ** it is in my blood now LOL . Can't change
If you want to change your habits, you'll need to force yourself to break them until a new habit forms. Try playing slow maps where you have time to think between notes and try to alternate the entire song. Even if you're not planing on going to a full 2 finger style, forcing yourself to play everything that way will help set in the habit for the parts you do want to 2 finger. Move up to faster maps once you start feeling comfortable with that.
I did this. Started at 120 bpm and moved slowly upwards. I am now at 180-185 bpm and in return I can ace long streams ranging from 100-180 bpm without a single 100, but it took a LOT of work.
RaneFire
~40 days to break a habit... scientists... or just play a dam lot! Pain and suffering begins!
I can alternate and single click mouse only and keyboard. But every time I alternate, when I return to single I start a few stacks/streams with the other finger... and it confuses my timing when I reach the end of the stack/stream.

Bad habits :(
Tamako Lumisade
Be a single-tapper 8D.