forum

Voting Up for Skinning Forums

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
Tsukimi Luna
I was thinking off a voting up system in the skinning forum...
While adding a sort threads by vote priority..
Or a filter to show only skins with a certain rating or number of votes...
This way we can know which skins are better in a way or two without needing to scroll through all the skins if you are only looking for good quality skins

Kinda like feature request forum
But every person has unlimited votes but only can vote one thread once

What do you think?
jemhuntr
might be nice. Want this.
Bittersweet
I think it's a good idea, but you can see too much "HURP DURP thats my favorite anime this skin is the best skin ever!11!" ppl there, saying things like that wihtout even downloading/trying the skin first, so i dont think a voting system would work. No support :/
Saten
Like voting in-game, you vote anonymously

But then again, there's multi acc...
VoidnOwO

Topic Starter
Tsukimi Luna
well... alright...
Never thought of it before
H_Hitachiin
This.Would.Be.Interesting...
Kuro

Bittersweet wrote:

I think it's a good idea, but you can see too much "HURP DURP thats my favorite anime this skin is the best skin ever!11!" ppl there, saying things like that wihtout even downloading/trying the skin first, so i dont think a voting system would work. No support :/
Instead of an unlimited number of votes, it could follow the same rules as voting for feature request and they would receive a limited number of votes so they won't vote up every skin from their favorite anime :|
jemhuntr
bump. With the new completed skin subforum, this would be even more needed. It could just be a thumbs up - thumbs down vote system, and not a 1 - 10 scoring. It might be nice to be able to show these votes inside threads so deadbeat can add the vote scores beside each skin's name on the compendium.
[Luxord]
and why not have a list in the Skinning section instead? If a skin is full and ready to use, it could be added in a list which will be a sticky thread with the name "Skinning Database" or something.

That idea ain't bad either but, it seems like a lot of work just for one more function, if you get my point.
deadbeat

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

bump. With the new completed skin subforum, this would be even more needed. It could just be a thumbs up - thumbs down vote system, and not a 1 - 10 scoring. It might be nice to be able to show these votes inside threads so deadbeat can add the vote scores beside each skin's name on the compendium.
you so funny
jemhuntr
why .w.
deadbeat
i'm not going to do that, i'd have to check every thread every day and update it all the time, and to be fair, i have better things to do :<
Oinari-sama
I can foresee a problem with the Like/Dislike system. Chances are the number of Likes will greatly outnumber Dislikes.

It will be nice though, if the Total Downloads can be displayed for each skin. Trouble is that at the moment skins are not hosted on a central service, and tracking is gonna be a pain...

EDIT: Is there any way to gather the total number of downloads via the game client? Say when the client successfully recognise a skin.ini, it submits +1 to a counter on server. That number is then tallied and displayed on forum as Total Downloads. The submission is limited to +1 per skin per username.
MLGnom

Oinari-sama wrote:

I can foresee a problem with the Like/Dislike system. Chances are the number of Likes will greatly outnumber Dislikes.

It will be nice though, if the Total Downloads can be displayed for each skin. Trouble is that at the moment skins are not hosted on a central service, and tracking is gonna be a pain...

EDIT: Is there any way to gather the total number of downloads via the game client? Say when the client successfully recognise a skin.ini, it submits +1 to a counter on server. That number is then tallied and displayed on forum as Total Downloads. The submission is limited to +1 per skin per username.
Still it would have flaws. What if person will remove and redownload skin? It would again count to downloads? It's hard to get a proper voting system.

There will be always something unbalanced ("Oh he is my friend! I will vote for him even if I don't download that skin" or "Meh, I dislike hitbursts because I prefer invisible ones, downvote!"

I think the best would be to have some people (juges or something) that would be neutral towards every skinner.
Oinari-sama

MLGnom wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Still it would have flaws. What if person will remove and redownload skin? It would again count to downloads? It's hard to get a proper voting system.
That can be addressed with verification algorithms, eg having the user ID stored on server when making the +1 counter submission. Can also include a "Delete Skin" button in game so when a skin is removed, it submits -1 to server so it's as if the user never had downloaded the skin to start with. There should be better ways but that's not my field.

Personally I'll rather see who still has the skin at present time than some votes.