forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xakyrie
Here are two spreadsheets that present the same information in different formats to please everyone and avoid confusion. We thought it would be worth posting both these so the confusion is kept to a minimum. All of the captains and staff members (save for the mapset organizers) are fully aware of the current listings.

Group Stage 1-1

Chronological Format
Group Format

Make sure to take a good look at these. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, you are permitted to PM Haruka and/or I via forum or IRC (not in this thread please).
Cyclohexane
Commentate ALL the streams

edit: lololol I saw the original post, good call Loctav
fartownik

Xakyrie wrote:

Here are two spreadsheets that present the same information in different formats to please everyone and avoid confusion. We thought it would be worth posting both these so the confusion are kept to a minimum. All of the captains and staff members (save for the mapset organizers) are fully aware of the current listings.

Group Stage 1-1

Chronological Format
Group Format

Make sure to take a good look at these. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, you are permitted to PM Haruka and/or I via forum or IRC (not in this thread please).
Well, this looks very clear to me. Good job there.
YodaSnipe
Mr Color, Valentiino, Mara, kriers, lolcubes Commentating NL vs Canada.

I

AM

_ING

STOKED!!!!
Cyclohexane
I'm kinda bummed to not be able to comment on USA - ITA or UKR - BRA, but perhaps I'll get lucky and at least get to commentate one of them.
kriers
lolcubes commentating holy shit yes
silmarilen
i hope i dont have to play first match so i can watch stream
CXu
kriers, comment our match please :(
kriers

CXu wrote:

comment while playing because I'm that badass

inb4: *TAKATAKTAKATAKATAKATAKA*
YodaSnipe

kriers wrote:

CXu wrote:

comment while playing because I'm that badass

inb4: *TAKATAKTAKATAKATAKATAKA*
MLG status.
Elisha_old
You use twitch.tv right?
CXu
Oh yeah, is that time there with day light saving time stuff?
kriers

CXu wrote:

Oh yeah, is that time there with day light saving time stuff?
uh... what?
CXu
Well, it says 13:00 (GMT+1) in that sheet thing Xakyrie posted. Just wondering if day light saving time (or what it's called) was taken into consideration. (would be kinda derp to appear 1 hour late).
Pure Force
who will be commentator in our match? :P
kriers

CXu wrote:

Well, it says 13:00 (GMT+1) in that sheet thing Xakyrie posted. Just wondering if day light saving time (or what it's called) was taken into consideration. (would be kinda derp to appear 1 hour late).

Yeah this I've been wondering about myself since I never really know wether it's gmt+1 or +2.

I'm going to ask people to show up earlier in any case simply to warm up etc.
Pure Force

kriers wrote:

CXu wrote:

Yeah this I've been wondering about myself since I never really know wether it's gmt+1 or +2.

Ask to ponnies!
Haruka_old

kriers wrote:

CXu wrote:

Daylight saving time ended on October 28th in Europe, therefore Norway is in +1 right now and will be when the tournament starts.
thelewa
kriers and CXu confirmed for not living in Europe
CXu
Shit I always thought daylight saving time was in winter. Fuck xD
silmarilen
i never undertsand the whole DST either
YodaSnipe

silmarilen wrote:

Gives us more daylight saving energy on lighting and stuff I assume. 8-)
XGeneral2000
DST means there's an extra hour of sunlight in the evening, meaning people are encouraged to be outdoors and active for an extra hour, meaning extra profits for businesses.
silmarilen

YodaSnipe wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Gives us more daylight saving energy on lighting and stuff I assume. 8-)
i dont mean that (not like that makes sense) but i mean like during DST we are GMT+2 instead of GMT+1 or something and is summertime DST or is wintertime DST? and is wintertime clock an hour ahead or a hour back?
Xakyrie
The change in time regarding DST isn't during the winter and summertime, it actually takes place during the spring and again in the fall.

That being said, Spring forward and Fall back.
YodaSnipe

Xakyrie wrote:

The change in time regarding DST isn't during the winter and summertime, it actually takes place during the spring and again in the fall.

That being said, Spring forward and Fall back.
Canadian you so smart ;)
Topic Starter
Loctav
In winter time, we don't have DST anymore. In summer, we postpone the day by 1 hour to move the early dawn a bit later and have an hour more of daylight.
Initially, this was been used to save energy in the oil crisis, so people do not need to turn on the light so much, because evening has more daylight.

But in winter, the sun doesn't rise that early anymore, so there is no "early dawn sunlight" that could be moved "into the evening". Right now, we have the REAL time, so no DST.
KRZY
Be an Asian. Never worry about what daylight saving is.

Although I'm really curious as to why this doesn't exist in Asia..or at least in Korea
YodaSnipe
>2013 osu! Worl Cup (Group Stage 1-1) is the new Google.
kriers
> Ugly JB fan site. Thanks to you.
fabriciorby
how are you gentleman
YodaSnipe

kriers wrote:

> Amazing JB fan site. Thanks to you.
fixed. <3 u kriers
fabriciorby
yoda we have a problem
statementreply

Xakyrie wrote:

Here are two spreadsheets that present the same information in different formats to please everyone and avoid confusion. We thought it would be worth posting both these so the confusion is kept to a minimum. All of the captains and staff members (save for the mapset organizers) are fully aware of the current listings.

Group Stage 1-1

Chronological Format
Group Format

Time (GMT) is quite confusing since GMT means essentially UTC for non-scientific usage. Time (Local) would be better.
Cyclohexane

KRZY wrote:

Be an Asian. Never worry about what daylight saving is.

Although I'm really curious as to why this doesn't exist in Asia..or at least in Korea
Korea master race

anyway DST is off now so don't worry about it. GMT+1 is GMT+1 and not GMT because of daylight savings shenanigans.
shycjd
can i ask a quetion about live stream?
I just want to know how a screen can show two teams...
silmarilen
there are options in xsplit (or whatever program they use for it) to do that, dont worry.
kingking9
Easy, you run eight osu! clients over three screens - trust me, it works.

EDIT: Yes, we use xsplit. It's not a nice program to use though, but i've paid for it already.
YodaSnipe

fabriciorby wrote:

yoda we have a problem
*stareeeee*
fabriciorby

YodaSnipe wrote:

fabriciorby wrote:

yoda we have a problem
*stareeeee*
pvt
show more