forum

Optimal settings?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BasedGob
Is there some sort of settings guide that all good players follow? Most importantly out of these settings what resolution is best to play on? My monitor is 1920 x 1080 and I play with 1280 x 800. Second most important is what keys do people use for left click/right click? Thanks
buny
Most players play a resolution of what they're comfortable with

Z/X is the default keys for left/right click, you can change these in your options in osu
Topic Starter
BasedGob

buny wrote:

Most players play a resolution of what they're comfortable with

Z/X is the default keys for left/right click, you can change these in your options in osu

I understand that you can change them and I understand that they are z/x as default. I'm just wondering if good players change them to something else
MieraK
What difference does it even make if its z/x or g/h? Just play with what's comfortable for you. It's not like switching from z/x to a/l(try that i dare you) is gonna change anything.
Topic Starter
BasedGob

mierak wrote:

What difference does it even make if its z/x or g/h? Just play with what's comfortable for you. It's not like switching from z/x to a/l(try that i dare you) is gonna change anything.

Alright so it would seem the general consensus is that playing with what's comfortable with you is best, thanks.
enik
Key bindings and osu! resolution are not of those settings that affect your gameplay.
here're common advises you can find on forums:
windows precision/accelaretaion off, 6/11 windows sensivity, lower DPI for better accuracy for mouse, full area for tablet.
combo fires are off, fps 120+, comfortable skin.
that's all I guess.
Topic Starter
BasedGob

enik wrote:

Key bindings and osu! resolution are not of those settings that affect your gameplay.
here're common advises you can find on forums:
windows precision/accelaretaion off, 6/11 windows sensivity, lower DPI for better accuracy for mouse, full area for tablet.
combo fires are off, fps 120+, comfortable skin.
that's all I guess.

Yeah I play SC2 competitively so I've already optimized everything for my mouse. I will however turn combo fires off thanks
enik
And yeah, hang the picture of cookiezi above your monitor.
Nessuka
Everyone is different.

I use 1024x768 on a 1080p monitor and use B and SPACE keys~
Soly
Topic Starter
BasedGob

Soly wrote:

Scientists have proven that c/v is more effective than z/x or any other key setup for that matter.

Well if scientists have proven it...
Sorun

Soly wrote:

Scientists have proven that c/v is more effective than z/x or any other key setup for that matter.
brb changing my bindings to c/v
Nessuka
csb
-GN

Soly wrote:

I changed my click keys to c/v and suddenly I've SSSed both Mad Machine and Freedom Dive and gotten a million #1s that no one will ever be able to beat!

Thank you, scientists!
buny

-GN wrote:

Soly wrote:

I changed my click keys to c/v and suddenly I've SSSed both Mad Machine and Freedom Dive and gotten a million #1s that no one will ever be able to beat!

Thank you, scientists!
I just beat your scores with an SSSS
Ziglez
Changing keys to c/v will make you at least Cookiezi good
G0r
I play click/x, and changing my keys to c/v has improved my aim ten fold! Scientists rule!

;P
RaneFire
These dang scientists, why didn't you tell me this before? BACK TO KEYBOARD!
ryza
well if you want some actual advice

if you are using any version of windows with aero, disable it

srs
Arczii
It depends of personal preferences.
More of my friends play 1024x768, window mode - then you don't need to move hand far away and also you can take easy look at osu panel.
But more size give better precision-look at approach circle.

As beginner I played full screen mode (1600x900) but while started play hard maps I changed it to1024x768 window settings.
You have to test yourself and find own preferences ;)
Espionage724

Silynn wrote:

srs
What if your using (true) Fullscreen? I thought Aero didn't affect anything as long as it wasn't visible.

As for optimal settings, I'd say either 1024x768 resolution, or native res; no mouse acceleration, 120 FPS cap or Unlimited (no vsync, ever; slight tearing > input lag)
RaneFire
I played with 300 hit scores for a while and never really thought it was necessary to go for the invisible 300's because my accuracy wasn't so good yet.

I finally switched to invisible 300's about a week ago... and to my surprise I improved... because previously I was unintentionally watching and waiting for the 300's to pop up before moving my cursor, now I'm not worrying about it and my note snapping has improved a lot.

If I had to guess, the time it takes for hitscores to full bloom is about 50-100ms, but if anyone else has solid info... correct me.
XPJ38

Espionage724 wrote:

Silynn wrote:

srs
What if your using (true) Fullscreen? I thought Aero didn't affect anything as long as it wasn't visible.
You are right. I supposed he was talking about windowed mode.
Aei_old
I use x/w to play, but I guess it's all about personal preference?
Kyou-chan
monitor: 1920x1080 120hz
osu: 1280x800
keys: f/d
frames: dx/unlimited
detail settings: all off