forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
YodaSnipe
The only face that represents Canada is JB just sayin.
KRZY

YodaSnipe wrote:

The only face that represents Canada is JB just sayin.
One day in your long long life as you recall your 20s you will remember this statement and will want to emigrate.
Marcin

SteRRuM wrote:

POLAND!!!!!!!!!
Mukku

SteRRuM wrote:

POLAND!!!!!!!!!
STERRUM!!!!!!!!!!

I do not support Poland, I support SteRRuM
Noob Man
Last page lacked baguette.
YodaSnipe

KRZY wrote:

One day in your long long life as you recall your 20s you will remember this statement and will want to emigrate.
oh you. XD
Topic Starter
Loctav
Match schedulers will schedule every match after talking to you. There won't be exceptions. Stop naggling about it.
konacraze22
I'd join this if there is going to be difficulty brackets. I'd join a 4 - 4.5 star bracket
XPJ38

konacraze22 wrote:

I'd join this if there is going to be difficulty brackets. I'd join a 4 - 4.5 star bracket
Erm... No offense, but this is a world cup. The best players are playing here; do not expect Easy/Normal/Hard maps.
higurush

konacraze22 wrote:

Out of question~ I guess~ OWC only has 5/5+ star maps~

also:

XPJ38 wrote:

this is a world cup. The best players are playing here
Akeipoid VM-01
This looks a like a good line-up
Anroys

Akeipoid VM-01 wrote:

This looks a like a good line-up
YodaSnipe

konacraze22 wrote:

I am dissapointed in you konacraze22. Not because you want other brackets, but simply because you do not bear the Signature of Team JB.

I am so dissapointed.
GladiOol

fartownik wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

you people are too original with the banners
i'm sorry gladiool we just wanted to be cool like you :(
i am just sad that a lot look the same ): if u make a banner make it different from the otherssssssssss
Mismagius

GladiOol wrote:

fartownik wrote:

i'm sorry gladiool we just wanted to be cool like you :(
i am just sad that a lot look the same ): if u make a banner make it different from the otherssssssssss
we tried to, but someone likes anime girls better than real girls apparently
YodaSnipe

Blue Dragon wrote:

we tried to, but someone likes anime girls better than real girls apparently
sounds about right to me ;)
fartownik

GladiOol wrote:

Not the manner matters, it's the contenttttttt!
Shiro
Does that mean I'm a best player ? that's much better than pp for my e-peen
YodaSnipe
Team Canada
UTC -5 hours

Captain : YodaSnipe
2. Mythol
3. mochi
4. allas
5. Glass
6. Layne
7. Satonaka
8. yoshh

Meet Team JB! (courtesy of meiikyuu. Thanks for bringing life to Team Canada!)

The Bieber is coming with full force now! 8-)
OnosakiHito
^@: Would not wonder me if you guys lose. xp
Nah, just joking.
Wishy

Loctav wrote:

Match schedulers will schedule every match after talking to you. There won't be exceptions. Stop naggling about it.
Actually, no, each captain will schedule when to play with the other team's captain, who cares about what schedulers want lol, you just have to intervene when 2 teams can't agree on when to play. Common sense PLEASE, really this is complete non-sense.

From what I see, the scheduling system is pretty much.

Capt1 --> Scheduler <-- Capt2

Instead of:

Capt 1 <--> Capt2

Kind of useless yeah, instead of directly telling the other captain when we can play and stuff, we just tell that to another random guy so then he can tell the Capt2 that, so that guy can tell him what's he was gonna answer to Capt1 so that guy can tell Capt1 what Capt2 was saying. It's pretty much the most useless job ever.

Please don't answer by yourself, PM your post to Metro so he can post it in your behalf, thanks, he's my scheduler.

If it's about streamers/commentators, still useless, captain can agree on when to play, post it here and then commentators/streamers will see when they got to be available.
thelewa

Wishy wrote:

Please don't answer by yourself, PM your post to Metro so he can post it in your behalf, thanks, he's my scheduler.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Topic Starter
Loctav

Wishy wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Actually, no [... long explanation about stuff]
Actually yes, they will. And they already do.
Makar
A loser bracket would be interesting if time allowed :v I know the current schedulers are always busy though so orz
Akeipoid VM-01
I'll have to remember to get better by next year so i can hop on canada's team :3
Soulclenz

YodaSnipe wrote:

Team Canada
UTC -5 hours

Captain : YodaSnipe
2. Mythol
3. mochi
4. allas
5. Glass
6. Layne
7. Satonaka
8. yoshh

Meet Team JB! (courtesy of meiikyuu. Thanks for bringing life to Team Canada!)

The Bieber is coming with full force now! 8-)
meiikyuu excluded me too? omg meiikyuu! =(
thelewa
Match schedulers are a silly and pointless thing that only make the tournament more complicated than it needs to be
thelewa
ADDING IPPE AS OUR LAST PLAYER

OUR TRUMP CARD
kriers

thelewa wrote:

OUR TRUMP CARD
should drag Fishie back from Japan and win the tournament
Metro

thelewa wrote:

Match schedulers are a silly and pointless thing that only make the tournament more complicated than it needs to be
Makar
>.> it was helpful last year; at least for TWC.
Jeez you guys complain so much lol
fartownik
Stop being such asses and obey the rules for once instead of criticising eveything. We're doing it not without a reason. Filling a blank that was sent to you via PM for ONCE won't give you much harm, but will be helpful for us and the schedulers. If you're against everything feel free to leave this tournament, there's still a couple of teams that'd gladly join instead of you.

End of the topic. If you do it on your own hand - your team will be banned from this tournament.
Bass

kriers wrote:

thelewa wrote:

OUR TRUMP CARD
Wait I thought Fishie is already back from Japan, isn't he?
zozozofun

Wishy wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Actually, no, each captain will schedule when to play with the other team's captain, who cares about what schedulers want lol, you just have to intervene when 2 teams can't agree on when to play. Common sense PLEASE, really this is complete non-sense.

From what I see, the scheduling system is pretty much.

Capt1 --> Scheduler <-- Capt2

Instead of:

Capt 1 <--> Capt2

Kind of useless yeah, instead of directly telling the other captain when we can play and stuff, we just tell that to another random guy so then he can tell the Capt2 that, so that guy can tell him what's he was gonna answer to Capt1 so that guy can tell Capt1 what Capt2 was saying. It's pretty much the most useless job ever.

If it's about streamers/commentators, still useless, captain can agree on when to play, post it here and then commentators/streamers will see when they got to be available.
thelewa

Bass wrote:

kriers wrote:

Wait I thought Fishie is already back from Japan, isn't he?
I don't think he's ever coming back

fartownik wrote:

Stop being such asses and obey the rules for once instead of criticising eveything. We're doing it not without a reason. Filling a blank that was sent to you via PM for ONCE won't give you much harm, but will be helpful for us and the schedulers. If you're against everything feel free to leave this tournament, there's still a couple of teams that'd gladly join instead of you.

End of the topic. If you do it on your own hand - your team will be banned from this tournament.
To me, this seems like a way to control the result of the tournament. You can make the schedulers pick a time when the other team can't play with their strongest members, while the opposing team would have their strongest members. We wouldn't be able to change the time of the match, and would be disqualified when we complain.

Nice system, bro.

Also, if you're going to ban us from the tournament, please notify IppE first. He's the scheduler of our team.
Glazbom
Metro

fartownik wrote:

I filled it and the scheduler suggested a time that was outside of the timeframes I gave him. Very useful!

Also what lewa said. I don't want to play against Poland without the best team possible.
GladiOol

fartownik wrote:

Stop being such asses and obey the rules.
favorite quote of this tournament.

It's just a struggle and completely useless to do everything through a ''scheduling'' person.
But of course, when I PM this to Haruka I get this:

SPOILER

Haruka wrote:

Hello again.

You are not permitted to speak with the opposing team to schedule your own play times. Any matches scheduled that are not arranged officially by the match schedulers or postponed by tournament management is considered invalid and will be nullified. You have no rights to claim such a match to count. This is a warning that you must cooperate with the match schedulers, otherwise you run the risk of your team being scheduled wherever I can place you. If you refuse to cooperate and fail to appear at the officially scheduled match time between Netherlands vs. Canada, then your team will lose by default.

I am not asking you to "look into the future" as you put it. All the other teams except for your team thus far have conformed to the rules and have been effectively cooperating with tournament management. I am simply asking you to give me an adequate estimation of what times your team can play at preferably between Friday, November 23rd and Sunday, November 25th.

I'll be expecting your team's information.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck 8-) 8-)
thelewa
Like I said, it's just a way to control the result of the tournament.
kriers

thelewa wrote:

Like I said, it's just a way to control the result of the tournament.
I'm sorry just how will scheduling the tournament through a third party affect the outcome of matches?
show more