forum

To anyone who uses Xfire

posted
Total Posts
show more
Starrodkirby86
Dumb question, but do you have to download Xfire in order to get the what-nots? I don't feel like downloading something, especially at where my computer is being on the height of unfriendliness. D:

And by the way Eiji I am alive! :O
phill_old
<3 Teamspeak!

ps. i didn't unsticky it
Kimichi
My post:
Truly a fun music-based game with a large, friendly community. Highly recommended for both Ouendan/EBA Fans and those new to the series as well. :D
Hip-hooray for osu!
Miami305
XD I got banned form the xfire forum for I guess bumping your topic cause I went to xfire's forum to bump again and it said I was banned from the forum. :twisted:
Topic Starter
EiJi
Xfire has finally looked into this and is in the process of adding support for it. However, since Osu uses no registry keys, Osu! will need to be detected manually (set path to osu.exe) for it to work.
peppy
osu! does have two registry keys. I'll try and go ahead and fill in their support document today if I get a change.

I was whinging yesterday that they hadn't done anything, so this is great news :). Thanks for the initiative EiJi.
Topic Starter
EiJi
I'd like to thank all who posted on the Xfire forum requesting the addition of Osu. The waiting has finally stopped. Well, almost.

Sometime next week Osu will be officially supported by Xfire. But for now, we have http://xfire.com/games/osu/Osu!/

Thanks again. ;)
Topic Starter
EiJi
Osu is officially supported on Xfire. Enjoy.
peppy
Unfortunately, the game will not automatically be detected until the NEXT xfire release (they have a slow development/update cycle it seems). Not to fear though - if you go into the xfire options and find osu on the not installed games list, you can manually set the directory you have it installed to for the time being.
awp
Yeah that's what I did...almost got five hours clocked already <3

edit: username hiawp

awp was taken. IT WAS FUCKIN' TAKEN

granted had I gone with Garvar (another, more "personal"? alias) that's never taken but awp is awp~
peppy
my username is peppyhax
DarkSerge
So, some people have xf :)

What do you think about Clan/Cult in "Xfire Clans & Guilds" for people who are playing osu? Maybe "Osu! Players" ?

my xf: darksergecod2
awp
oh fuck yes profile avatars

reserving:

peppy

DarkSerge wrote:

What do you think about Clan/Cult in "Xfire Clans & Guilds" for people who are playing osu? Maybe "Osu! Players" ?

http://www.xfire.com/clans/osufire/

done :)
Loginer
I'm Lolginer(Loginer was taken).
DarkSerge

peppy wrote:

DarkSerge wrote:

http://www.xfire.com/clans/osufire/

done :)
Add Osu! :) (favorite games, Gameplay Hours)
Topic Starter
EiJi

Loginer wrote:

I'm Lolginer(Loginer was taken).
I've always considered you lolginer anyway. It suits your...well, you.
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MasacruAlex
Hello , :) My xfire id is MasacruForGroove.
Everyone add me Hooah.Osu has a nice future :)
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
maybe you have sounds enables and people on your friends list are doing stuff to trigger it
DarkSerge
Just go to the sound options and disable all sounds :)
awp
Hell yeah bitches

100 hours in under a week

Loginer

DarkSerge wrote:

Just go to the sound options and disable all sounds :)
Been there, done that. AGES ago. So that's not the problem. :/
Maybe it's not Xfire. D:
peppy
It could be the ad that loads inside xfire, or even the profile to the right. As far as I can tell, it does use IE for internal rendering.
kamistar
my xfire: kamistar
DNZL_old
Metroid
I use xfire my id is metroidfan117
fdtoonsman
I would use Xfire if my computer would actually run any of the games it supports... *sigh*

Anyway, I'm fdtoonsman. Add me!
Pokebis
niedz
niedzwiedz1124
lol
Loginer
I got the 1000th view. :3
SBKT
I'm getting Xfire and I probably won't use it much. I play WoW a lot and my computer dies if I run anything else. I hope SBKT isn't taken, and I'll update this post later with my name.

My name is

sinbadkt
SilentIce
Atmey
I don't like the look of xfire client, I just tried it.
Metroid
Pokebis

Metroid wrote:

You can change the look, look around for a theme that suites you.
Yes, look in the skins section. And don't complain about the noises, you can change them too. And you can make new friend windows minimized. And there's probably an alternative to whatever else you'll complain about too.
juneyhk91
shinn_old
Pokebis

shinn wrote:

Xfire isn't detecting my osu, even if it's running :(

Any chance anyone can help?
Go into Tools> Options > Games
It'll "detect" your games now, so be patient. It may or may not find osu!.
If it doesn't detect osu! on it's own expand the "not installed" section on the right and look for osu!. It's in alphabetical order and, not too question your use in computers, you can press the "o" key to jump to games under o. Just scroll untill you find osu! and highlight it. Check "Manual Setup" in the right side and then browse to or put in the folder that contains osu!.exe
Here's a visual:

You can also enter command parameters you would in a shortcut there in xfire, so when you launch it via xfire you could run a game windowed ( -w or -windowed) or whatever. Click Apply when you're done. Xfire should detect when you have osu! open now and be able to launch, chat in-game, take Xfire screenshots (which you can upload to your profile and put in captions), and take video. Some games also allow live-feed broadcast of you playing and web-browser, but I don't think osu! does.

Anyways, if you, or anyone else has any more questions the best way is just to hit me up on Xfire when I'm on. Either look for me in the osu!group. Or add me (Pokebis) as a friend and message me then. I'll probably accept the request if you say your from osu! and need help with Xfire. I'm pretty experienced with the program so feel free to ask me anything about it. Also tell me your complaints about it and I may be able to tell you how to "fix" them too. ;) This is of course implying I'm on at the time which could vary. :(
show more