forum

osu! Release (b20121029)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Leonardo Mauro
I didn't quite get it. Is the entire build for supporters, or only those special features? :?

Edit: AH duh! The changelog mentions it! That's what I get for %&@! Internet connection. :x
Tony
Awesome updates peppy! Everything seems to be in order and the performance of the game increased alot! Especially in the songs selection menu! Good job, and keep going with the awesome work!
Doodley
Neat.

Still hoping we see more skinnable menu features in the future. Nice feature though.
iGummi
Awesome :D
meiikyuu
nice (:
MouseOnly25
nice job!
Winshley

peppy wrote:

Button status overlay

When watching osu! standard replays (or spectating), you will now be able to see how the player pressed their buttons. You can also toggle this on for your own playing, which is useful when streaming or recording a video of yourself (check under Input settings in options).
Is this skin-able? <3
Yuriii_old
very nice!!! :D
Peace Bird

o.o
these four hinder the scorebar o.o
can i hide them?
Ranesha
Thanks and lol omg... some ppl are insane never expected ppl to actually get a hang of insane songs so fast
H_Hitachiin

Peace Bird wrote:

o.o
can i hide them?
I want to hide them too >.<
Also kinda wondering why there are 4 buttons >.<
HakuNoKaemi
Still, it freeze a moment in those patterns..
though the editor doesn't "freeze" while loading them...
You could try to implement some "dynamic" buffer of map element?
Topic Starter
peppy
DYBNAMIC

BUFFER

ELEMENT
TheVileOne

woc2006 wrote:

Rey-vo wrote:

my suggestion is HR, HD 1.06, DT and FL 1.12
because DT FL is harder than HR HD
mania mod will never increase the total score which is setted to 1M, but will help you to reach a higher score.
I really don't understand what you mean. SS w/o mods = 1 M, so SS with mods should equal > 1m There is no helping one get to 1 million higher, mods make things more challenging not more easier. If you think that you're just going to give more weight to the reward each hits you, then I am strongly opposed to that. It would definitely be a poorly balanced system and not make playing with mods worth it, since those who play with mods would have no problem playing it without mods, which nullifies this supposed weight, and it would give absolutely no benefit scoreboard wise as compared to other similar scores (no mod SS for example). Playing with mods just has to put the player at a greater scoring plane or they will only disadvantage the player and thus make them pointless and not worth the annoyance of using them.
Leasath
peppy, a single question. The levels gained in the beta will be reseted too?
XPJ38

Leasath wrote:

Yes, because level is directly linked to ranked score.
MillhioreF

XPJ38 wrote:

Yes, because level is directly linked to total score.
Fixed that for you
XPJ38
Oops, my bad.
RAMPAGE88
Love the game!
but too hard for me :(
HakuNoKaemi

peppy wrote:

DYBNAMIC

BUFFER

ELEMENT
I was pointing to adding a buffer so the game pre-load heavier parts before playing them, dynamic so that the buffer size is adapted to how many elements the map will have in the next seconds.
I don't actually even know if it's doable, though.
DFLT
So I guess that means after this weeklong beta test we will then be able to upload mania charts? I'm anxious to get mine up haha
thelewa

H_Hitachiin wrote:

Peace Bird wrote:

o.o
can i hide them?
I want to hide them too >.<
Also kinda wondering why there are 4 buttons >.<
Because clicking with the mouse is different from pressing a button on your keyboard. It gives us a lot more information about how the player we spectate is playing.
MMzz

DFLT wrote:

So I guess that means after this weeklong beta test we will then be able to upload mania charts? I'm anxious to get mine up haha
They won't get ranked.
DFLT

MMzz wrote:

DFLT wrote:

They won't get ranked.
So there's not going to be any type of official quality filter on the mania charts? It seems silly that there would be an osu!mania ranking system if they aren't going to filter them. The generated charts from regular osu beatmaps aren't very fun, and I wouldn't really care to try and compete for scores on them.
Topic Starter
peppy
Of course there will be ranking criteria for osu!mania maps. It may take a few weeks/months to get everything in place, but BSS submissions will be accepted in the near future after ranking goes live.

I urge anyone with previous experience in any bemani style games to start working on the criteria, using one of the existing game mode's criteria pages on the wiki as a template.
Espionage724

XPJ38 wrote:

Leasath wrote:

Yes, because level is directly linked to ranked score.
Is everything mania-related on profiles being wiped, such as S's, palycounts, etc.? Sorry if it was asked before...
CoreFantasy

hakE wrote:

i'm trying to drag the image file into the game but it don't works. I don't konw why :S

More info: I'm using Osu! in windowed mode (1024x768) and trying to drag this image
you must buy supporter tag.
Kurokami
That was already anwered in the first page by 2 person, one of them was peppy.

/useless post
iAnniex3
Does the level for Osu! Mania also reset as well?
I'm sorry, I didn't go through the pages -- however if this question is already answered, please just ignore me. :o
Kurai

iAnniex3 wrote:

Does the level for Osu! Mania also reset as well?
I'm sorry, I didn't go through the pages -- however if this question is already answered, please just ignore me. :o
Yes they will also be reseted.
kutark
very nice update :)
Soaprman

peppy wrote:

Saph1 wrote:

Love the button overlay but the mouse-clicks are very inaccurate for me. Most of my triple-notes show only show Z and X being pressed. At 800x600 resolution the overlay appears in the center of the health bar for me.
Position is intended for now (use widescreen for a nicer layout).

Also left mouse and key1 have always been the same key internally, so if you press one while already holding the other it will not click in-game.
Any chance of moving it back the top for widescreen (keep it where it is for 4:3)? I find it requires way more eye movement to watch now than it did when it was at the top. Like, it might as well be invisible most of the time now. At the top it was at least in my peripheral vision constantly.
massi4h

peppy wrote:

Simple background changes

As a supporter, you can now change the main menu background quickly by dragging any image file into osu! while at the menu. If you don't already have a custom skin, osu! will make you one called "User". This should be a lot easier than manually adding/replacing the file in your current skin, and allow for quickly previewing from a collection of images.
Awesome! Any chance of making this work with .gifs or something similar, since the default background is either a gif or media file or something technical?
Hanyuu

massi4h wrote:

peppy wrote:

Simple background changes

As a supporter, you can now change the main menu background quickly by dragging any image file into osu! while at the menu. If you don't already have a custom skin, osu! will make you one called "User". This should be a lot easier than manually adding/replacing the file in your current skin, and allow for quickly previewing from a collection of images.
Awesome! Any chance of making this work with .gifs or something similar, since the default background is either a gif or media file or something technical?
=O

That would be nice to use a video file and have a cool background animation
UnderminE
Bad Apple.
Rygar_the_Thunder
I kinda wondering. . . .
When is the o!m got ranked ? o.O
Topic Starter
peppy
Quite soon.
Yuriii_old
Oh good =D
YuiTokisaki
why why why must supporter T^T :cry: :cry: .. not fair oh gawd ,, what should i do to get that?
SMG3
ARE YOU SERIOUS >:( I JUST DELETED MY USER SKIN AND THOUGHT IT WAS USELESS
show more