forum

osu! Release (b20121029)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
With this build, osu!mania ranking is now in a beta testing stage. This means you can now submit scores for existing maps, but they will be reset after about a week, or maybe sooner. Use this time to have some fun and help us test the system out (make sure to report anything strange in Tech Support forum). Read on for a few more changes.

Simple background changes

As a supporter, you can now change the main menu background quickly by dragging any image file into osu! while at the menu. If you don't already have a custom skin, osu! will make you one called "User". This should be a lot easier than manually adding/replacing the file in your current skin, and allow for quickly previewing from a collection of images.

Button status overlay

When watching osu! standard replays (or spectating), you will now be able to see how the player pressed their buttons. You can also toggle this on for your own playing, which is useful when streaming or recording a video of yourself (check under Input settings in options).

Performance Improvements

After a lot of testing, I believe to have fixed a few long-term issues which cause some users to experience occasional game-freezes that could last up to a second. Please let me know if you are seeing improvements by replying in this thread.
BrokenArrow
Nice.
Full Tablet
fps in the beatmap list has gone from about 30 fps to about 80 fps. That is a notable improvement.
Justykanna
Ooooh! Nice!
I can't wait to play more osu!mania. =D
miss_master_old
That is pretty cool~
Mismagius

peppy wrote:

Performance Improvements

After a lot of testing, I believe to have fixed a few long-term issues which cause some users to experience occasional game-freezes that could last up to a second. Please let me know if you are seeing improvements by replying in this thread.
I still get horribly bad lags on maps with 1/8 sliderstreams like Marisa or Forgotten [grumd]. My PC can run osu! very fine. with average 300-400fps on playing, and doesn't lag with any SB/video, however when there are too many sliders on the screen at once, I get extremely annoying lags that often ruin my plays.

I probably posted this in wrong place but just stating x.x
CZ2267
wow nice :)
The 08 team_Bourdon
Awesome update! <3
antsu
I really like this "button status overlay" feature.
Will it be avaliable to all replays recorded since the beginning of osu! or just the ones recorded from now on? (I'm at work right now, can't test by myself)

Anyways, good job.
hakE_old
i'm trying to drag the image file into the game but it don't works. I don't konw why :S

More info: I'm using Osu! in windowed mode (1024x768) and trying to drag this image
IceYoshi

antsu wrote:

I really like this "button status overlay" feature.
Will it be avaliable to all replays recorded since the beginning of osu! or just the ones recorded from now on? (I'm at work right now, can't test by myself)

Anyways, good job.
It will be for any replay since it saves your inputs anyways. It also works for Auto. That's the reason why it uses two keys now.

hakE wrote:

i'm trying to drag the image file into the game but it don't works. I don't konw why :S

More info: I'm using Osu! in windowed mode (1024x768) and trying to drag this image
You have to be supporter.

Nice update :)
Topic Starter
peppy

hakE wrote:

You need a supporter tag to access this feature.
hakE_old

IceYoshi wrote:

hakE wrote:

You have to be supporter.

Nice update :)

peppy wrote:

hakE wrote:

You need a supporter tag to access this feature.

Oh, i see. Thank you for make me know that. If not, I would have spent hours trying it as a fool xD

PS: I wanna support Osu! ASAP Peppy, this game is awesome! Contratulations :P
Elly-chan
Lovely Update!
Aurele
Oh yeah♥
Kurai
I really love this "Button Status Overlay", that's awesome !
Luna

Kurai wrote:

I really love this "Button Status Overlay", that's awesome !
Aquamarine
Love the button overlay but the mouse-clicks are very inaccurate for me. Most of my triple-notes show only show Z and X being pressed. At 800x600 resolution the overlay appears in the center of the health bar for me.

edit: peppy was right. thanks!
Arian_old_1
Wow! This is like my favorite update so far~!
Just because of the 'button status overlay'.
It's endlessly entertaining :) ~
Keredna
I feel the button status overlay could be better if it indicates what score each key has hit, because it's hard to focus both on the field and the status at the same time.
For example, if the click results in a 100, the color of the status could probably be indicated with green, blue for 50, and red for miss. Right now every click shows yellow, so I can't tell the difference whether I got a 300 or not, and I'll have to focus on both the replay and the status.

This is just a suggestion.
thelewa

Keredna wrote:

I feel the button status overlay could be better if it indicates what score each key has hit, because it's hard to focus both on the field and the status at the same time.
For example, if the click results in a 100, the color of the status could probably be indicated with green, blue for 50, and red for miss. Right now every click shows yellow, so I can't tell the difference whether I got a 300 or not, and I'll have to focus on both the replay and the status.

That is an awesome suggestion.
Bites

Keredna wrote:

make a feature request because i support this!
Topic Starter
peppy

Saph1 wrote:

Love the button overlay but the mouse-clicks are very inaccurate for me. Most of my triple-notes show only show Z and X being pressed. At 800x600 resolution the overlay appears in the center of the health bar for me.
Position is intended for now (use widescreen for a nicer layout).

Also left mouse and key1 have always been the same key internally, so if you press one while already holding the other it will not click in-game.
Kert
I am glad you changed your mind and implemented that feature about dragging image. Makes things very easy \:D/
+ keys overlay is just great
Keep it up with such nice features!
Aquamarine

peppy wrote:

Saph1 wrote:

edit: seems like the problem is with the left-click. right-click seems fine
actually when i do right-click > left-click > K1, it seems fine
seems to not work only with a specific pattern. my strokes are: left-click> K1 > K2 > K1 > repeat. left-click doesn't get mapped with fast notes
oddly it seems to only bug like this when I play... if I spam those notes it works fine.. edit: i think it's like this because i'm not hitting the keys in my usual pattern

video: http://www.twitch.tv/eyeee/b/337260792
Position is intended for now (use widescreen for a nicer layout).

Also left mouse and key1 have always been the same key internally, so if you press one while already holding the other it will not click in-game.
I'm not sure I understand. In the video I start off with taiko; the notes hit perfectly even when streaming. While I'm playing Eternal Feather, the triple notes hit (even though the song was slow hopefully one of them bugged so you can see).
Topic Starter
peppy
The overlay should not show for taiko mode.
Keredna
k added my suggestion as a feature request. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/103449
Support it people! X3
[Yue]

peppy wrote:

Button status overlay

When watching osu! standard replays (or spectating), you will now be able to see how the player pressed their buttons. You can also toggle this on for your own playing, which is useful when streaming or recording a video of yourself (check under Input settings in options).
there will be one for CTB?
DJ Angel
Gotta love that after the ''Fixed the occasional game freezes'' update I keep lagging while playing any video or sb and at the end of songs the fade from video/sb to beatmap background most of the times freezes
120 fps limiters makes my fps be more laggy than vsync

Except this, the beatmap selection improvement is a total win (more than 100% fps improvement compared to before)

About the osu!mania...its a interesting project but...nevermind

edit: Will the button status overlay be shown on other game modes too? peppy only referred osu!standard replays.

peppy wrote:

The overlay should not show for taiko mode.
Didn't really understood why, but nevermind
miss_master_old
For now,we can see mania's rep.
Rey-volution
All updates is very Awesome! :D
peppy, why some mod in o!mania not improving the score (ex. HR, FL, FD)?
ddr2c68
wow good background, i will become a supporter in the feature :D

OSU! is awesome!!!!!!!!!
Topic Starter
peppy

Rey-vo wrote:

All updates is very Awesome! :D
peppy, why some mod in o!mania not improving the score (ex. HR, FL, FD)?
woc is still working on mods. they will be implemented soon.
Rey-volution
my suggestion is HR, HD 1.06, DT and FL 1.12
because DT FL is harder than HR HD
Liehtz
Yay! :)
chox_old
feature of seeing keys is genious, thank you.
woc2006

Rey-vo wrote:

my suggestion is HR, HD 1.06, DT and FL 1.12
because DT FL is harder than HR HD
mania mod will never increase the total score which is setted to 1M, but will help you to reach a higher score.
miss_master_old

peppy wrote:

woc is still working on mods. they will be implemented soon.
Yes, keep waiting for that~
Bass
What about o!m diffs in mapsets. Will they be rankable?
show more