Reaction Time of Osu Players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aqo
So guys what's your reaction time?

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/rea ... /index.php
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... rsion5.swf

All you do is spot an event with your eyes and then push a button. Osu players are supposed to be really good at this... right?
Or maybe not. I'm averaging 240~250 on both of those. whaaaat

"The average (median) reaction time is 215 milliseconds". wtf. hell no D:
Tested on some Counter Strike player. He's getting below 190 consistently. He had one 168ms score just now. FML how do you do this

Fun fact: AR11 (10+DT) is 300ms. The difference between 260ms and 180ms reaction time is literally 3x easier leniency on jumps. yeeeaaah

So, how much do you get guys?

SPOILER
[Edit] he got 1.153 just now. fucking unreal. "you shouldn't tense up so much when doing reaction time tests" (from him)
obviously need to take a break from osu for two months, play CS, and return to start FCing maps HRDT.
MillhioreF
I'm very consistently getting 210-220ms on both of them. Hooray for being average!
Mismagius
280ms :(

EDIT: okay, getting average 247/248ms

yay got a 196 :D
puncia
Average: ~260
However, I can't go below 245..
Hiyorin
Always around 260ms :c
That explains why I'm horrible at HR
Starz0r
Try 1:

Try 2:
Tanzklaue
224 ms

got below 200 twice \o/

(can't read AR10 though, and even have problems wit AR 9)

the sheep one :D

and longtime, I have around 240 ms, with peaks around 190 and average slowest around 290.
lolcubes

:P

Well mouseclick is my style so that helps as well I guess...
those

Hm...
theowest
silmarilen
im averaging about 295, no wonder i cant play od10
Starz0r
I'm still wondering how I got 61ms. Must be because of all the FPS games I play...

EDIT: Ninja'd and still number 1 on the thread :O
thelewa

ok this time I was a bit more alert, played it based on the sound the sheep make, because I react faster to sounds than visuals

edit3: I get around 220ms on the other game that's based on visual reaction
buny
Averaging ~210 on both
Pacemaker
Every human's reaction time is (about) the same, regardless of whether you do high-speed games like osu! or not. The only thing that's slightly ahead of our thoughts' perception is reflex, and stuff becomes reflex after doing the same thing again and again (e.g circle clicking).
Glockateer

My reaction time is still improving due to a better lifestyle than I used to have. :oops:
Birdy
first link: 247
second: 214

wat
Lybydose
fast enough to deathbomb in Mountain of Faith

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah
silmarilen

at least im consistent
Amefuri Koneko
160-180 for me, but I did this kind of tests before so I'm quite used to them, lol
Topic Starter
Aqo

FruitTingles wrote:

Always around 260ms :c
That explains why I'm horrible at HR
btw just to point out something so that the op doesn't confuse you

300ms is for AR10+DT. Regular AR10 is 450ms. Whether you have 250ms or 200ms reaction time has little effect on your ability to play regular HR (at worst jump accuracy will be 25% harder for you than people who react faster... not that big of a deal).
Kanye West
>Osu
Tom69_old
I average out at 200ms. And yeah... as Pacemaker said: Every human has similar reaction time. You can't really train that.
Zare

Ok, I guess.
Tanzklaue

Oh my god, below 100 once x.x

Full Tablet
The second test is slightly luck based.
1) Sometimes the sheep that starts running is offscreen. Time starts running when the sheep appears in the screen, but the running sound starts as soon as the sheep starts running (so you have an advantage if you react by sound instead of images).
2) Sheep that appear in the upper part are much easier to catch than the ones that appear in the bottom.

Also, it seems if you manage to catch a sheep before it is onscreen you get a 0.0 sec reaction time.
(I averaged 200.2 in the first test and around 240 in the second one)
show more