forum

What is the worst way to play (mouse, tablet, etc...)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The_Epic_Backstabber
So.... everyone keeps talking about the best way to play... but what about the worst (in your opinion)? This is not limited to just the normal ways like keyboard, mouse, tablet, and other stuff. Research if you have to.

I would think the wii remote because it's a bit unstable (never played with it before so I may be wrong).
Alpha Kitten
I'd say using a calculator is the worst way to play, perhaps a potato.

>_<

There is no "worse" way to play, every player have their own choice..
jabberwockey

Alpha Kitten wrote:

I'd say using a calculator is the worst way to play, perhaps a potato.
I almost took you seriously lol

Touchpad, out of everything I have played with
JappyBabes
In terms of main stream playstyles, Tablet>Mouse>Touchpad.
kriers
What good does knowing which play style is the worst do?
MillhioreF
The worst way to play is on a kilometer-wide touchscreen. With osu! fullscreen.
kriers

Try playing osu! with that red dot thing
Topic Starter
The_Epic_Backstabber

kriers wrote:

I was curious.
buny

kriers wrote:

Is that a macro key?
Topic Starter
The_Epic_Backstabber

kriers wrote:

My laptop looks EXACTLY like that
kriers

The_Epic_Backstabber wrote:

kriers wrote:

I was curious.
You should've posted this in off-topic. Your curiosity isn't suited for a serious discussion.
Topic Starter
The_Epic_Backstabber
Thought that since this was osu related, I put it in here. My mistake.
Purple
Frizz
The worst way to play would be any way that you have never tried and never will get used to.
/thread
silmarilen

buny wrote:

kriers wrote:

Is that a macro key?
no, its the old version of the trackpad on laptops, pushing it in a direction makes your cursor move that way.
kind of like the analog stick on gamepads
Wishy
People not knowing that makes me feel old, and I'm not.
bwross
I haven't tried using a trackpoint (which is what that little red dot is called)... osu is too much for my old Thinkpad. It's probably worse than a trackball or keyboard only (both of which I have tried... spinning is kind of fun on a trackball, with keyboard only I just use Spun Out (because I can't get anywhere near 286)). Offhand mousing wasn't too bad... spinning was the big problem (everything else I could just mirror... I could probably get used to it with practice).
XGeneral2000

Wishy22 wrote:

People not knowing that makes me feel old, and I'm not.
Nipple mouse ftw, I always used to use that over the trackpad on laptops. Kinda miss it.
kriers
please add nipple mouse to play styles in our profiles
VoidnOwO
:)
buny

silmarilen wrote:

buny wrote:

Is that a macro key?
no, its the old version of the trackpad on laptops, pushing it in a direction makes your cursor move that way.
kind of like the analog stick on gamepads
I feel like getting one for the sole purpose of playing osu now.
Aqo
tried playing osu with feet and tablet pen, being held between the toes. It was definitely, by far, the worst way to play this game. Even laptop touchpad gave better results. If anybody can even aim to click on CS3 with this you're godlike.

feetmouse superior by far. you can duct tape the mouse to your foot and set DPI to very low and it plays regular like with your hand except you can have lunch while you play because your main hand is free.
bwross

BRBP wrote:

There's no "worst way to play", everything that actually moves the cursor seems to work quite well.
You can move the cursor with the keyboard or (shudder) speech recognition. Neither works well for osu. Part of the problem with keyboard mousing is that you need to set the jump distance so that you can get across the screen quickly enough, but for some maps you need to adjust it down otherwise you end up jumping over circles.

I haven't tried speech recognition... between the delay caused by reciting co-ordinates and the grid granularity, I can't see it as playable at all (maybe a very slow easy map with huge circles?). I'm thinking that this might be the worst way to move the cursor for osu.
Pacemaker
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"

..applies for this as well. You can become equally good with anything, all it needs is dedication.
Anzo
There's no "worst way to play" but there may be uhhh... worst settings, or setup, so you can't play osu! well. (you can adapt to them though)
djjsixpack
Probably one of those mice with the giant ball that you rotate on the top -_-
lolcubes
The worst way to play is the one you hate the most for whatever reason. You will always end up frustrated and quit.

And come back because one does not just quit.
winber1

Pacemaker wrote:

I guess I should start playing with a potato. I'll probably be the best osu! player if I show enough dedication.

Wish me luck guys. I quit tablet playing.

October 15, 2012 winber1 uses potato
tarticulate
I'd have to say one of those Bamboo tablets. I always end up moving the pen too far off the edge and stopping like I hit a wall.
buny

winber1 wrote:

Pacemaker wrote:

I guess I should start playing with a potato. I'll probably be the best osu! player if I show enough dedication.

Wish me luck guys. I quit tablet playing.

A leap for mankind
bwross

Pacemaker wrote:

..applies for this as well. You can become equally good with anything, all it needs is dedication.
Not at all in this case. There are physical limitations to some input methods that will guarantee that you will never be able to match a reasonable one like a mouse or tablet. For example, you'll never be able to spin as fast with speech recognition (four words per location, repeat to move around)... even if you can talk fast enough, Windows will never be able to process it fast enough.
Alpha Kitten
tfw everybody just repeats what I said :¨<
bwross

djjsixpack wrote:

Trackballs take some getting used to, but aren't all that bad... you could get good with one with enough practice.
Kanye West
Actually laptop touchpad isn't a terribly bad way to play. But you can only play normal diffs so gg
Aqo

winber1 wrote:

please lives
massi4h
Numkeys (or whatever you call it when you use the numpad to control your mouse) anyone?
Knit_old_1

It's a mouse, but for your feet.
Vuelo Eluko

bwross wrote:

djjsixpack wrote:

Trackballs take some getting used to, but aren't all that bad... you could get good with one with enough practice.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +trackball

cant find a single good.. or even decent level of play video with a trackball... clearly a poor way to play the game... inb4 i get BTFO by some guy who plays in top 500 using trackball

and yes i know im replying to a 2 year old post. holy necro jayysen.
show more