forum

[result screen] Show your spinner bonus score (ctb & osu)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +419
Topic Starter
theowest
on the osu! and ctb result screens:

It would be interesting for ctb and osu! players to see how much spinner bonus you and others get. It'll be easier to compare close scores.
There's at least room for it on the ctb score screen.

A simple solution for CtB:
The banana sprite next to the other skin elements and it would display how many bananas you've caught. The image is not accurate. 1000 points for each banana.

The redesign:

better:

Maybe even have a tool tip for this stat to show the total you could have got.

thanks for the help deadbeat

Here's a related feature request about showing how many slider ticks you hit in taiko: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/100576/
lolcubes
I actually support of this idea, however a lot of replays show incorrect spin bonus (usually higher than it actually is). Could cause some problems.
Topic Starter
theowest

lolcubes wrote:

I actually support of this idea, however a lot of replays show incorrect spin bonus (usually higher than it actually is). Could cause some problems.
are you sure? Isn't that because you've "almost" spun another turn, at least what I've believed.
Saten
the score result isn't incorrect, it's the replay that can bug sometimes.
At least I have a replay like that.
Topic Starter
theowest

Saten wrote:

the score result isn't incorrect, it's the replay that can bug sometimes.
At least I have a replay like that.
oh yeah. Replays are broken sometimes.
but your ranked score is always correct.
lolcubes
That's what I meant. :p
My bad if I worded it wrong. Still, could be useful to see I guess. But I still don't understand how you sometimes get a 100 on a full turn without the 1000 bonus when already in the bonus stage. That's unrelated though, since it doesn't give bonus anyway, as this is all about bonus. :P
Topic Starter
theowest
I thought there could be a banana sprite right next to the other fruits on the score board in ctb, like so

just an example.
Saten

lolcubes wrote:

That's what I meant. :p
My bad if I worded it wrong. Still, could be useful to see I guess. But I still don't understand how you sometimes get a 100 on a full turn without the 1000 bonus when already in the bonus stage. That's unrelated though, since it doesn't give bonus anyway, as this is all about bonus. :P

Usually the bonus is 1.1k each spin.
I think it's just the moment before you get the next bonus, you'll get 100 points.
I haven't completely researched this though.
Topic Starter
theowest
Here's the redesign I propose for osu!

bwross wrote:

Also, it would probably be better to group misses together and hits together. Ie, swap the spin bonus and the misses.
deadbeat
aww. you changed it to just rank ;____;
ZeroEightOne
+1 for this
Keredna
Support the idea.
Also suggesting that the result screen show the total spinner bonus (including the amount influenced by the multiplier).

From what I know (but not completely certain), a 5000 spinner bonus at 300 combo would give slightly less score comparing to a 5000 bonus at 400 combo.

As an example:
PlayerA got 4000 bonus at 300 combo and 5000 bonus at 400 combo.
PlayerB got 5000 bonus at 300 combo and 4000 bonus at 400 combo.

Both players got 9000 bonus in total, but due influence of the multipliers when they got the bonus, playerA would get like 100 points higher than playerB.

I'd like to see the amount influenced by the multiplier also included in the result screen.
Aurele
Supporting~
XPJ38
Why not.

As far as I am concerned, I would be pretty interested in showing the average spinner speed (e.g. 342 spins per minute) instead of spinner bonus points. It is meaningful and would be as accurate as points because you wouldn't have a higher average than someone below you in the rankings.

Wouldn't work for CtB though.
bwross

Keredna wrote:

Support the idea.
Also suggesting that the result screen show the total spinner bonus (including the amount influenced by the multiplier).

From what I know (but not completely certain), a 5000 spinner bonus at 300 combo would give slightly less score comparing to a 5000 bonus at 400 combo.

As an example:
PlayerA got 4000 bonus at 300 combo and 5000 bonus at 400 combo.
PlayerB got 5000 bonus at 300 combo and 4000 bonus at 400 combo.

Both players got 9000 bonus in total, but due influence of the multipliers when they got the bonus, playerA would get like 100 points higher than playerB.

I'd like to see the amount influenced by the multiplier also included in the result screen.
The spinner bonus (both the 1000s and the 100/spin) aren't affected by the combo multiplier. If they were, the difference would be a lot more than 100 points in that example. The combo bonus is applied to the 300 you get for completing the spinner, but that's not part of the bonus, and wouldn't explain a 100 point difference.

What does explain it is exactly what was originally posted... the 100 you get for completing a spin is awarded at a different point than the 1000 for bonus spins. I've tested this by slow spinning... I was getting 100s around 7 o'clock, and 1000s around 10, so if I stop between them (I spin CW) I'd have an extra 100.
Keredna

bwross wrote:

The spinner bonus (both the 1000s and the 100/spin) aren't affected by the combo multiplier. If they were, the difference would be a lot more than 100 points in that example. The combo bonus is applied to the 300 you get for completing the spinner, but that's not part of the bonus, and wouldn't explain a 100 point difference.

What does explain it is exactly what was originally posted... the 100 you get for completing a spin is awarded at a different point than the 1000 for bonus spins. I've tested this by slow spinning... I was getting 100s around 7 o'clock, and 1000s around 10, so if I stop between them (I spin CW) I'd have an extra 100.
That seriously just made things so much more complicated...
But anyway, that extra 100 doesn't go under spinner bonus?
Topic Starter
theowest

XPJ38 wrote:

Care to explain why?

Keredna wrote:

That seriously just made things so much more complicated...
But anyway, that extra 100 doesn't go under spinner bonus?
bwross really likes to write essays.
Seph
Spinners on ctb arent always that accurate though, well, when you watch the replay that is.
Topic Starter
theowest

Seph wrote:

Spinners on ctb arent always that accurate though, well, when you watch the replay that is.
replays are always inaccurate.
Soner Wolf
yes - regardless if the replays are bugged or not, that's a different issue. The fact that this could be useful to know. How often have you gotten a better combo / accuracy and still get beaten by someone else because they spun faster. wouldn't you like to know by how much faster they spin than you? I sure would. ~ Support
XPJ38

theowest wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

Care to explain why?
There simply isn't an "average spinner speed" in CtB.
bwross

XPJ38 wrote:

The request isn't for average spin speed, it's for bonus score. And the number of bananas caught is definitely known (replays problems aside).

theowest wrote:

bwross really likes to write essays.
I didn't have time to write a short note, so I wrote a long one (to paraphrase Mark Twain (IIRC)).

(But really, was that post that complicated?)
deadbeat

bwross wrote:

I didn't have time to write a short note, so I wrote a long one (to paraphrase Mark Twain (IIRC)).
wait. you don't have time to write a short note, but enough time to write a long one......
am i the only one confused at how that works?
XPJ38

bwross wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

The request isn't for average spin speed, it's for bonus score
I know, I think he was just asking for details about my suggestion.
bwross
It's easier to write long because you just have to dump out everything until you need to stop. There's no need to think about what to say, you just say everything that comes to mind.
- Akari -_old
Supporting this feature, I would want that.
Drafura
oh yes, bump :3

(btw : theowest, I want your banana skin)
Kluddio
I think this have already been on this forum before but it's still like the best idea ever becasue it's hard to try to tell people how many slider breaks you got and to keep track on how much bonus you got when there are like 3 spinners on a map and you need a special amount. So you earn a star bro.

Keep the good work up west.
Drafura
I've made some tests by myself about std bonuses, there're two states for a spinner (all those values aren't affected by combo) :
- During incomplete spinner : 100 per spin
- During complete spinner : 100 per halfspin + 1000 per spin = 1200 per spin

I think this is the most accurate value to show to players. For example a spinner requires 10 spins to be cleared and a player do 2 extras turns and a half, result showed would be something like : 1000+ 2500 = 3500

Adding the last 300 multiplied by the combo would be even more accurate.

This explain your screen Saten :

You did a half spin less than the #10
Kluddio
+ 2 stars ma love
Topic Starter
theowest

Cloudio-san wrote:

+ 2 stars ma love
omg thanks <3
Tear
The result screen needs more info, 3 stars.
Winshley
To be specific about spinner calculations, the 1k bonus spin and the 100/spin scores are independently counted, which may result in some sort of de-sync problem.

For example:
- 100 + 100 + ... + 100 + 100+1000 + 100+1000 (which is the correct behavior)
- 100 + 100 + ... + 100 + 100+1000 + 100+1000 + 100 (last spin somehow doesn't get the 1000 spin award)
- 100 + 100 + ... + 100 + 100+1000 + 100+1000 + 100+1000 (this is what you would see on Replay Data for above play)

This happened when you managed to complete a spin at the same time when the spinner ends. This is noticeable by listening to the bonus spin sound effect indicating that you did complete the spinner, but the 1k spin bonus score isn't awarded.

Additionally, this can also come from screen resolution problem. When I watched Replay Data under 640×480 resolution, it shows extra 200 points than intended, while playing on higher resolutions shows an intended result.
Topic Starter
theowest

Winshley wrote:

Additionally, this can also come from screen resolution problem. When I watched Replay Data under 640×480 resolution, it shows extra 200 points than intended, while playing on higher resolutions shows an intended result.
The replay mechanic is broken. This request is about the result screen.
Winshley

theowest wrote:

This request is about the result screen.
What about old plays then? I don't think it can detect how many spins the player have done without the accompanying Replay Data, right?
Topic Starter
theowest

Winshley wrote:

theowest wrote:

This request is about the result screen.
What about old plays then? I don't think it can detect how many spins the player have done without the accompanying Replay Data, right?
not sure, either way having different resolutions won't affect how many official spins you make, etc.
MillhioreF
Old plays also don't have the hit rate and unstable rate specified, but they can be generated locally after playing through the replay. I assume this would be the case if this feature was added, too.
show more