forum

[added] Make BanchoBot /np in #spectator on map change

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +22
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
On behalf of VelperK who isn't very confident in his English writing clarity!

Basically, just what the title says. People who don't have osu!direct could actually be able to find the map easily so they could spectate, which is a big problem especially on unranked maps. It would help the player keep their spectators too, which is always a plus! For unsubmitted maps, I guess BanchoBot could just say "This map is not submitted!" or something, and it wouldn't help much in that case, but whatever.

inb4 denied for slightly undermining osu!direct
VelperK
support <3
Aurele
Mhm, I am supporting this.
Kitokofox
I wish I had more vote starts or could shoot a Kudosu, because this is brilliant.
Mismagius
I don't see why not.
Gaba
Support, good feature.
Devochka_old
Do want!
Mithos
I usually PM people /np's when they are spectating me, so i guess now this would save me some work.
Seph
would star if i had one.
peppy
Can do. I am going to set this to only happen when the host doesn't have spectators hidden (it will be sent by the host, not BanchoBot). Hopefully we can all agree that this is fair.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Sounds perfectly fair to me, thanks peppy!
VelperK
bump
Nitojgrem
I think you don't need to bump this further because ppy already agreed ><" now we just need to sit back and wait :3 (I think xD)
Shiro
Clever request. I like it - even though I don't need it. Support !
jabberwockey
This is really clever indeed, I support this.
-Soba-
PLEASE
theowest
This request would solve this one: t/65809
smoogipoo
Added in latest test build.

Edit [necro][/necro]
Italo
Completly useless addition (http://puu.sh/am8xw/b4f251ac50.png), cuz is only for supporter, supporters already have direct that detect when you don't have map and download it.
Oh god...
CodeS
"For Supporters Only"

What

Oinari-sama

Italo wrote:

Completly useless addition (http://puu.sh/am8xw/b4f251ac50.png), cuz is only for supporter, supporters already have direct that detect when you don't have map and download it.
Oh god...
It might be a typo, let's wait and see :)
Marcin
It works other way around, it nps if PLAYING USER is supporter, not if user watching is.
Ephemeral

Marcin wrote:

It works other way around, it nps if PLAYING USER is supporter, not if user watching is.
Sea_Food

Ephemeral wrote:

Marcin wrote:

Nice quality post there manager.

Anyway I dont really mind since I dont spectate much, and when I do, i have almost every ranked map downloaded anyway thanks to the new limitless download thing. But I do have to say its so ridiculous that it makes me laugh, how the OP specifically stated this would be a feature for the free players, then then its supporter only feature. And yes I know what the thing this guy for some reason repeated means, so you dont have to keep cluttering the thread to say the same thing again as response to me.
smoogipoo
Today I learnt: I don't know how to English. This works exactly as Marcin and Ephemeral said - sorry for the confusion.
Italo

Ephemeral wrote:

Marcin wrote:

"Meh", supporter lost the meaning of supporting and got something like, "do you want this feature? Buy it!"
smoogipoo
The point of supporter was and still is to support the people behind the development of the game who support the game itself in various ways - whether by the commissioning of more servers, management of the entire system to ensure that the game doesn't spontaneously combust, maintaining the community, or anything else that drastically improves the quality of the game.
Supporter is a form of donation whereby you gain a few niceties that would not otherwise detract from the game/gameplay itself if you didn't buy supporter.

This addition reflects that - you don't require this feature to play the game and it won't impact most people in any way. In-fact I'd even argue that the only players who really need this are those whose #spectator channel is spammed by /np's every time they start a map and their spectators aren't already supporters themselves.

I'm open to discussion on this matter - it is not yet in the public build. But please find a better rebuttal than "supporter lost the meaning of supporting."