Approach rates and streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Defacer
­
Zare
That's a rare one~
If u want to read lower AR instead of higher, just keep playing more maps with such lower AR. masterpiece [Insane] for example.
Or u can change the AR of maps wich have AR9 to AR8 an then play those.

Anyways, the only way to get better at something is by practicing.

Inb4 this thread turns into another 5 pages long discussion about AR, Acc and stuff~
/me runs
silmarilen

Zarerion wrote:

Inb4 this thread turns into another 5 pages long discussion about AR, Acc and stuff~
/me runs
MillhioreF
play easy mod. bam, instantly read any AR~ (ar5 and ar0 are about the same difficulty actually)
winber1
don't rush. honestly, your best bet at clearing those slow ar streams is to just stay relaxed and chill, and just be confident that you are streaming at the correct speed. Once you begin to think that you are moving too slow, you'd be surprised how many times, at least in my experience, that you were wrong.
Purple
Playing with the background undimmed will give the "illusion" of higher AR, at least from my experience.

When you try to do a Dragonforceish stream, do you get a whole bunch of X's or just a couple? If you get a whole bunch of consecutive X's, it would be because you are putting your cursor slightly "ahead" of where it should be, skipping notes... Make sure you carefully put your cursor at the start of every stream, and go through it at a slower-than-normal pace.

You could also play easy mod, but yeah good luck not wanting to shoot yourself on the head.
Topic Starter
Defacer
­
nomen
The fingerspeed while streaming should be the same regardless map has ar0 or ar10
Luna

Defacer wrote:

I totally got your advices and I am very thankful but one thing bothers me - if I move with the cursor slowly and still maintain the same fingerspeed doesn't that mean that I would have to stream more than when in AR9 (timewise) ?
You don't move the cursor slower, you just have to keep it a larger distance away from the newest spawning note in streams simply beacuse there are more notes on screen at any given time.
Aqo
Learn to play Hidden

suddenly you don't even notice AR anymore and only notice stack levels
MMzz

Aqo wrote:

Learn to play Hidden

Kinda true, hidden on lame AR8 maps helps a lot. but I wouldn't say you would stop noticing AR.
Aqo
Well you'd be aware what AR you're playing on, it just won't interrupt your timing. It will still mess up your hit offset every time you switch ARs tho which sucks. Hit a full length stream in perfect tempo... for a perfect sequence of 100s because everything was 20ms too early lawl
kriers

Aqo wrote:

Well you'd be aware what AR you're playing on, it just won't interrupt your timing. It will still mess up your hit offset every time you switch ARs tho which sucks. Hit a full length stream in perfect tempo... for a perfect sequence of 100s because everything was 20ms too early lawl
wat
Aqo

kriers wrote:

wat
you're too good so you adapt instantly and this doesn't apply to you obviously
kriers

Aqo wrote:

kriers wrote:

wat
you're too good so you adapt instantly and this doesn't apply to you obviously
there is no such thing as offset being changed by AR.
If there was an offset change, I'd be screwed over too
JappyBabes

Aqo wrote:

Learn to play Hidden

I don't even begin to understand half of the posts you make.
thelewa
JappyBabes babe, Aqo is just hard to read
Aqo
Is it really not clear

What I mean is like... think about the first circle you have to click in the beginning of a map or after a break with hidden. Whether you get a 300 on that one circle depends on how well you read the fade, i.e. in what offset you click on that circle from when it first appeared (which is different for each AR), and everything after that you can just play by the song/tempo

Hard to read like AR0 D:
nrii_old

Aqo wrote:

Is it really not clear

What I mean is like... think about the first circle you have to click in the beginning of a map or after a break with hidden. Whether you get a 300 on that one circle depends on how well you read the fade, i.e. in what offset you click on that circle from when it first appeared (which is different for each AR), and everything after that you can just play by the song/tempo

Hard to read like AR0 D:

theres a pie chart in the top right that ends on the offset of the first note

use that rofl

e; for general hidden reading, use rhythm, or if bpm changes in a quiet section and you have nothing to go by use memory/intuition of when to hit the note. maps with random notes in quiet bpm changed sections piss me off ^_^ but hd doesnt make ar seem any different to me tbh
G0r

nrii wrote:

but hd doesnt make ar seem any different to me tbh
This.
show more