posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
billy96
Netbook Spec.
Asus Eee PC Seashell Series
AMD C-60 APU with Radeon HD Graphic 1.00 GHz
2,62 Usable RAM

Actually, this problem has been bugging me since i started playing on this Netbook, but i decided to not care because it only happen to a several song, like this one. So, when the lag happen, i'll always miss the last beat, making an unavoidable A rank.

*I've searched, but that's the CtB problem, and i play Standard.
MillhioreF
I had this problem once, but only on maps with storyboard, and hitting the last note was still possible if you hit it way early and got a 50... but it magically resolved itself for me with one of the updates in the last couple of months, and I only know one other person that has it and it's very infrequent for them, sorry D:
peppy
Does it happen with specific maps, or all?
Topic Starter
billy96
well, not all of them, only several maps have this problem.
peppy
Can you provide a list of maps then? This will help in trying to reproduce what you are seeing.
Topic Starter
billy96
That's tough, but i think, this lag happen when the beat end at the same (or very short) time with the song, it could help you (or me) with something. I'll provide the list ASAP, since i'm not playing atm.
787B
This actually happens with me daily, but just in taiko.
Yuzeyun

Wolf wrote:

This actually happens with me daily, but just in taiko.
Spinner followed by the last note ?
If so it happens to me too, but it's very random
787B

_Gezo_ wrote:

Yup, and when the last note is a finish it's almost impossible to make a perfet hit.
Luna

Wolf wrote:

_Gezo_ wrote:

Yup, and when the last note is a finish it's almost impossible to make a perfet hit.
This, so much this ;_;
Hanyuu
just a guess:

i think the lag is because of the harddrive when you are playing and it reads the hitsounds from your computer everytime you hit a note a think. so when a song got alof of notes it makes your harddrive tired or whatever i dont really know lol, and lags will happen. i get them too sometimes but weird is on some days i get no lags at all and on other days i get them at almost any map and funny enough often allways at the same place too. thats just my theory about the hitsounds. maybe you can try disabling them and see if it is really because of something like that. i would try myself but my computer loves me those days <3 :)

http://www.indievolume.com/
i used this program to set all my audio from osu to a different soundcard and normal song play works perfect and anything else. but when a map is played hitsounds will not be played at all 50% of the time they are just mute so i stopped using it. maybe its just this programs fault i dont know.. thought i will notice it for this lag matter too maybe theres a truth in it
Cygnus
The hitsound is actually the main problem in my opinion. I've been experiencing this a long time ago, I tried silencing the Effects in Audio and now everything looks better now.

But really, something's wrong with the hit sound. Our PC has to load hit sound files in every beat which causes players to get massive lag (PC speed based).
Kitokofox
Odd as it may be, I'll have to confirm this. It does happen to me too time to time, in CtB. Maybe it has something to do with the fading mechanism at the end of the song? Or the sound, as he said?
Nessuka
Confirmed n osu! standard, occurs when fading in/out the score panel at the right and occasionally when you pass a local/online score while the side panel is hidden.
lolcubes
In my case it mostly happens on maps which use a lot of custom hitsounds and are "barcoded" (mappers know what this means). Could be related to that maybe.
It doesn't happen often and it only happens after osu! has been running for a while though.
MillhioreF

lolcubes wrote:

In my case it mostly happens on maps which use a lot of custom hitsounds and are "barcoded" (mappers know what this means). Could be related to that maybe.
It doesn't happen often and it only happens after osu! has been running for a while though.
You might have a point... I think it has to do with "heavy" maps.
i.e. lots of storyboarded images, many custom skin elements, timing sections, etc. It doesn't happen to me any more, but when it did I experienced it almost every time on this map.
Topic Starter
billy96

Twilight Sparkle wrote:

Confirmed n osu! standard, occurs when fading in/out the score panel at the right and occasionally when you pass a local/online score while the side panel is hidden.
I guess, this is the problem. peppy, you should make the score panel, life bar etc. disappear a little late, that should give the game some time before the lag appear.

Oh yeah, here's the list, it's not complete though.

*Lag, but doesn't result a miss.

I'll add more later.