forum

New S colours for mods

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +56
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Gabi
Suggested and got denied :s

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15492&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=hanyuu

EDIT: well it's not exactly the same, but kind of. idk to be honest i would like to have HR and DT a different color like you suggest
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
No I don't think so
Derekku
Why AREN'T hard rock/double time getting the silver S/SS? I've always wondered that...

(Also truthfully I probably would like more colors too, but it won't happen so :( )
LuigiHann

Derekku Chan wrote:

Why AREN'T hard rock/double time getting the silver S/SS? I've always wondered that...

(Also truthfully I probably would like more colors too, but it won't happen so :( )
The silver SS is, to my knowledge, originally designed as a clear SS, hence the association with Hidden... and Flashlight was a similar enough concept to share that icon.

In my opinion, the other reason for not giving special icons for the other mods is this: When you play a map with DT or HR, you're still playing the same game. The song is made faster or the map is made harder, but it's still played as a regular osu map. Hidden and Flashlight actually change the way that you play the game.
Gemi

LuigiHann wrote:

In my opinion, the other reason for not giving special icons for the other mods is this: When you play a map with DT or HR, you're still playing the same game. The song is made faster or the map is made harder, but it's still played as a regular osu map. Hidden and Flashlight actually change the way that you play the game.
Err....

Actually since DT and HR actually change the map, you are playing a different map than the original. With hidden or flashlight you are still playing the same map, but only with a visual handicap. The visual handicap however does not change the map in any way. Your thought pattern seems quite reversed and funny to me. Not that it matters at all.
Derekku
Regardless, HR and DT can make a map harder than using Hidden/Flashlight. I'd really like to see them getting their own icon(s) too :/
0_o
I think what LH meant is that with Hard Rock and Double Time, it's still no different from playing a regular osu! map. Flashlight and Hidden however actually change aspects of the game.
peppy
I'm happy to add some tinted colours, but they will be based off the silver icon. I'm not going to render new ones for each difficulty.
Kitsunemimi
More skin elements.
Derekku
Tints would be fine imo. Personally, I'd like a different color for each mod, but that would get too confusing, ESPECIALLY for when people use 2+ mods on songs @_@
LuigiHann
Mafiamaster
Support
mm201
Sounds like a good idea (as long as they're skinnable :P).

I think four more kinds of Ses is kind of excessive though. Maybe one should take priority over the other.
Soaprman
Derekku

Soaprman wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Tints would be fine imo. Personally, I'd like a different color for each mod, but that would get too confusing, ESPECIALLY for when people use 2+ mods on songs @_@
Maybe base the color upon how many mods are used rather than which mods are used.
But for harder difficulties, usually just one mod is used. Thus all mod S ranks would look the same and put us back at square 1. :X
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
Lybydose
Support this.

Should be one color (silver) for Hidden and/or Flashlight, one color (blue for the sake of example) for HR and/or DT, and a 3rd color for using a blue and a silver mod.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE

Lybydose wrote:

Support this.

Should be one color (silver) for Hidden and/or Flashlight, one color (blue for the sake of example) for HR and/or DT, and a 3rd color for using a blue and a silver mod.
That's exactly what i meant, maybe you put it in better words than me xD
Ekaru
anonymous_old
I like how it is now. No tints and stuff.
Kitsunemimi
Actually, if it's only using the 'hidden' S image, I think tinting it would be safe and fine.
Topic Starter
Card N'FoRcE
A timid bump to hear more opinions
mikhe
I like this idea, I support ++ :D

Bye :D

P.D: other changes.. so as that we can change the screen (or images) of the CtB and Taiko mode ;D
deadbeat
Support :)
mm201

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Sounds like a good idea (as long as they're skinnable :P).

I think four more kinds of Ses is kind of excessive though. Maybe one should take priority over the other.
I suggested 2 more colours :X
(One for HR/DT and one for HD+HR or similiar)
Include their SS equivalents and you get four.
show more