forum

Custom spins in ctb difficulties

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
eldnl

Kitokofox wrote:

Basically, there's is a preset fruit pattern set in osu! To determine what fruits fall at what time in a spinner. And what he is trying to imply is to implement a feature to control where in that preset pattern the spinner starts at. It doesn't seem too hard to implement, really.

It seems reasonable and fair, could develop a little more control into mapping in catch thr beat while keeping spinners random. With that, it's got my support.
Thanks to Kitokofox for explain my request.
Kitokofox
I partially understood this. Are you saying you want to make custom fruit arrangements for the patterns in spinners? Or are you trying to make the spinners differentiate from regular fruits? I'm still sort of confused at what you're trying to get at.
Rei Hakurei
i think fruit that can be arranged...
Kitokofox
Just talked to eldnl live on my iPod touch, to confirm his request.
And he sent me to explain because he says his English is poor, so..

Basically, there's is a preset fruit pattern set in osu! To determine what fruits fall at what time in a spinner. And what he is trying to imply is to implement a feature to control where in that preset pattern the spinner starts at. It doesn't seem too hard to implement, really.

It seems reasonable and fair, could develop a little more control into mapping in catch thr beat while keeping spinners random. With that, it's got my support.
XEPCOH
+1 to this^
Some beatmaps have fruits in the middle of spinners so that feature would be much comfortable for players~
VelperK
Hi, I came to support this.
deadbeat
Topic Starter
eldnl

deadbeat wrote:

i like this request more ._.
Is not the same, if you didn't understand please ask kito, he will explain it to you very well
Stefan
I actually agree with both Ideas (with SGs and with kito's).
However, one of these Idea is neccessary, not both together. :)
deadbeat

eldnl wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

i like this request more ._.
Is not the same, if you didn't understand please ask kito, he will explain it to you very well
to be clear, i never said it was the same. and i do understand your idea. however i was just stating that i like that request more. plus on page two in that thread, the idea of making a new fruit skin element was brought up

Jarby wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

how about creating a different fruit for the spinner....like a banana or something. could that work?
That's a good idea. Then we can use the logical name "BANANA TIME" for catch the beat instead of calling them spinners.
Topic Starter
eldnl
I'm not talking about skins, images or something like that, it's just an option to select an specific "kind of spinner", I mean, the way at the fruits drops in the screem
theowest
hmm. banana time's been added. what's the status for this request then?
Drafura
Didn't saw it :o

This is very interresting I like the idea and could solve some mapping problem about spinner lenght.

For the glow thing, this is not necessary since the "banana time" update. But controlling entry and exit points of spinners could still very usefull.