forum

[web] Upgrading from top50 to top100?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +35
show more
Topic Starter
Nilsso
I do not see any "next page" on any maps?
OsuMe65
i agree...

:)
Scorpiour
i suppose he means the beatmap information page.... and i support it~~
ffstar

Aqo wrote:

I always check top 50 on a map to see the rates of people being able to modplay>S>no-S it. It's a fast indication of how hard a map is. For example:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42909 - only top 19 have S = hard map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/53853 - all top 49 have SH, but at 50~ modplays stop.
^ being able to see top 100 on that would help see how hard it is for example. I'd find this useful a lot. Only gave two map examples but I check top 50 for every single map.

Also it's interesting to see whether you spot people you recognize in the top players, especially when you know it's people who can S that map. If I fail to spot a player in top 50 of a map when I think he can get there, I might recommend the map to him, because it's most likely he hasn't seen it at all yet or else he'd be there. Again top 100 would help for this for more contested maps.
^this
support this feature too...
theowest
A next button would be the last thing to add.

100 seems a bit too much imo.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

theowest wrote:

A next button would be the last thing to add.

100 seems a bit too much imo.
No, its awesome.
haxsu
How about adding an option to "display Top 100" and have Top 50 become default for those who are not interested into looking at Top 100?

Example: You go to the page. It will always show Top 50. If you want to expand it to Top 100, you click the option. If you were to refresh the page, it will return back to Top 50.

I think doing it this way would be better then just making every page Top 100.
theowest
nobody would bother pressing a next button unless you're on the list. the other 50 players would be left out.

Rebound wrote:

How about adding an option to "display Top 100" and have Top 50 become default for those who are not interested into looking at Top 100?

Example: You go to the page. It will always show Top 50. If you want to expand it to Top 100, you click the option. If you were to refresh the page, it will return back to Top 50.

That sounds better.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Rebound wrote:

Guess it would be a way of doing it, but if u dont want to see the top 100, just dont scroll all the way down, lol.
Nessuka
Support++
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Twilight Sparkle wrote:

Support++
<3
Topic Starter
Nilsso
bump
Macacito
no one cares to see top51-100..
theowest
These guys do apparently.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Macacito wrote:

no one cares to see top51-100..
u dont care to see top51-100. Why even bother posting in here?
Many people do care about it.
Macacito
ok sorry about that then
good luck not getting "invalid"
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Macacito wrote:

ok sorry about that then
good luck not getting "invalid"
Gotta funny one over here.
Lets get some more votes people, make it happen =)
Yoshi_green
Hmm...I like this idea, so I gotta apply my OCD into here.

[OCD]
If a top 100 IS really going to be implemented in-game, then I say for the in-game part to be a top 10 on the front page and not a top 6. That way, we can have 10 pages of 10! ^.^ Although the ranking boxes might shrink a little bit, it's still manageable (probably).
[/OCD]

P.S. - promoted this :D
SuzumiyaBR
ingame only 50
in ranking site 100
in profile top 100 to 1000 ^^ ( SuzumiyaBR achieved rank #1000 on Daniele Meo - Adesso Balla [Anto's Normal] (osu!) )
HakuNoKaemi

peppy wrote:

Profile pages show up to 100? I'm not sure what you mean by this. The notifications?
He refer to extend a map ranking list in the website from 50 positions to 100

SPOILER
and yes, I put the last ranked map as example
-GN
I don't like how the profile pages show the #51-100 scores while the beatmap listing only shows #1-50. It feels inconsistent in a way, and getting a notification for "not quite making it on the high-score list!!!" is just weird.

Also, that "Next page" suggestion is a good idea.

Support x2.
Keredna
I like to see this implemented.
I often get motivated when I saw that my friend got a top 100 score, and I'd like to see what mode he played on. But anything below top 50 is just not available. =(
Archangel Tirael
Hmm... I would like to
topX on beatmap gradually
increased depending on its
popularity. The more a person
has passed the map, the more
people appear in top on beatmap's page. Nice idea? ;)
Devochka_old
Top 100 sounds nice! :oops:
So many scores these days...
theowest
100 is a good number.

It would also be cool to see the top 40 online ranking be 50. To even things out a bit.
Topic Starter
Nilsso
Thanks to the people who supported this! Seeing it had some impact due to the online top400 on osu in the new update ! =)

GG GLHF.
deadbeat
true. i guess this is [added] then
Sakura
I dunno, only top 50 is visible on website right now.
deadbeat
oh yeah. was this request for the online map listing or for ingame?
Sakura
p/1694208

Also from the OP:

Nilsso wrote:

I think it would be really cool to upgrade from the standard top50 to a top100 in the maprankinglists. Many others ive spoken to seems to feel the same way. Admin's thoughts?
deadbeat
lol i fail >_<
Topic Starter
Nilsso
Sure, I asked for it on the web. Still a victory that it came ingame. Both are fine with me, dont really matter. Thanks all.
TheVileOne
It only makes sense that if you can view the top 400 in game, that you be able to view the top 400 on the forums as well?
Topic Starter
Nilsso

TheVileOne wrote:

It only makes sense that if you can view the top 400 in game, that you be able to view the top 400 on the forums as well?
That is something I would enjoy very much =), but think it would take up a lot of resources, maybe a next page for every ~50 rank or somethin.
deadbeat

TheVileOne wrote:

how about it shows the top 40 as per normal, but it also shows rank #80, #120, #160, #200, #240, #280, #320, #360 and #400. so it doesn't show all 400 scores. but its shows the increase up the online scoreboard to some degree
-Chris
I agree :3
Saten

deadbeat wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

how about it shows the top 40 as per normal, but it also shows rank #80, #120, #160, #200, #240, #280, #320, #360 and #400. so it doesn't show all 400 scores. but its shows the increase up the online scoreboard to some degree
Endless scrolling~~~ (well not really, but alot of numbers)

There should be a "Show more" button for every 50-100th, like the one in changelog
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog
theowest

Saten wrote:

There should be a "Show more" button for every 50-100th, like the one in changelog
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog
same with osu!direct t/97476
Macacito
i told you all it wouldn't work, do i recieve a trophy or something?
Macacito
i always win
show more