forum

90% Dimming limit: Why?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mithos
lollll this "argument" is going downhill fast now.
jesse1412

Mithost wrote:

go away.

Seriously this thread was going great but someone had to insult a group of people they don't even know.
Phish_old

Mithost wrote:

go away srsly
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

jesus1412 wrote:

Mithost wrote:

go away.

Seriously this thread was going great but someone had to insult a group of people they don't even know.

Keep it to PM, you're adding to the problem even though you want to help get this to peppy.

All we can do is wait, now.
Mithos
"I don't think peppy will give into your ideas"

"Get out"

Well that escalated quickly.

Anyways... If you really want to get peppy to see this, PM him. You can argue this with him. Me leaving this thread wont get peppy here any quicker. :/
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper
actually I just had a thought

The more you post, the more noticeable it is in the forums, keep posting!

(just joking, I'll PM peppy a link to this thread now)
Zare
calling peppy here will only cause him to lock this thread, which should have happened 4 pages earlier. So yeah, go ahead.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

Zarerion wrote:

calling peppy here will only cause him to lock this thread, which should have happened 4 pages earlier. So yeah, go ahead.

And why should he do that? Despite the arguing, a solution to his problem has been found!
jesse1412
Peppy wont care about this thread he's stated his opinion multiple times.
boat

don't mind me just adding to the quality discussion
jesse1412

boat wrote:

don't mind me just adding to the quality discussion
best post in this thread, listen to boat.
boat

repost for new page

can't let this discussion die
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

boat wrote:

repost for new page

can't let this discussion die
stop bitching and moaning just because I posted your PMs
boat
Bitching? Moaning? Where?

Doodley
Ironically, these posts are more productive in terms of arguing than the majority of the thread!
boat
Oh shush, you're making me blush!
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

Doodley wrote:

Ironically, these posts are more productive in terms of arguing than the majority of the thread!

what about this part

Gens wrote:

You know, this might be a little off-topic, but all this fun spoiler discussions make me think... is it what the mapper really wants? In my case, I wouldn't really mind if people disabled or not my storyboards. I'd totally hate if they disabled my skin, but the storyboard or Kiai I can see why; just as an example.

So, what about the idea of letting the mapper choose what to disable and what not? For some gimmick maps it'd totally destroy the joke, and in that case, everyone would still have the same advantages and disadvantages.

Well, I guess that's more of a feature request than anything.

As for the thread... eh, it's already clear enough it's not going to change. Players should already feel lucky the Fun Spoiler feature was added. If people keep whining about it, it might get removed, even.
Even if there's an advantage, it's a very minimal advantage that can be easily overcome.
jesse1412
Doodley
That was a reasonably productive post, yeah.

Although, I wouldn't allow any disables because the majority of my maps have storyboards, so I don't know. It can vary from person to person.
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

jesus1412 wrote:

I hope you all get banned or something
boat
osu! stuff

Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

Doodley wrote:

Although, I wouldn't allow any disables because the majority of my maps have storyboards, so I don't know. It can vary from person to person.

There's a disable storyboard button after you beat the map once. Why'd peppy include this in the game if he suddenly values beatmaps so much?
boat

DADDYCOOLVIPPER wrote:

Doodley wrote:

There's a disable storyboard button after you beat the map once. Why'd peppy include this in the game if he suddenly values beatmaps so much?
compromising for the complaints from both sides

we've been through this already

get lost
Doodley

DADDYCOOLVIPPER wrote:

Doodley wrote:

Because he wants to keep the creative elements some people put into maps.

If I knew that everyone was just going to disable my storyboard without even outright watching it, I wouldn't make storyboards. And for the people who say "well, I'll just put it on Auto, grab a cup of coffee, and leave the room!" I don't really see a point in doing so, and I wouldn't really want to make a storyboard for that type of person anyway.
jesse1412

DADDYCOOLVIPPER wrote:

Doodley wrote:

Because people bitched an un-imaginable amount so he caved, I like it being there but you are all pushing it to stupid lengths by making tons of threads about it.
boat
Topic Starter
DaddyCoolVipper

Doodley wrote:

If I knew that everyone was just going to disable my storyboard without even outright watching it
There's your problem, that's not what would happen. I doubt that the pro players don't watch the storyboard at least once, they're humans, you know. Also, peppy could take the same approach with map dimming, where you'd have to beat it normally once before you could dim it 100%. Would that satisfy you?
Loctav
Simply: no.