forum

Mod filter for in game toplist scores. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +256
Topic Starter
boat
If to put it short, this button,

or better yet, a mod filter inside of the client, so that we don't have this

Note that all of these are half-time plays.

Perhaps something like this, with those white ticks being what you don't want to be shown.

Edit because the toplist is now expanded and these arguments don't apply anymore.
Failed
Would be very useful. Really something we need.
Mercurial
Yeah.
JappyBabes
Wouldn't that require saving almost all replays on osu's server? Unless it filters the Top 40 only, in which case, sure.
Stefan
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Topic Starter
boat

JappyBabes wrote:

Wouldn't that require saving almost all replays on osu's server? Unless it filters the Top 40 only, in which case, sure.
This could very well go hand in hand with that extended toplist request, but just filtering out what mod ranks you don't want to see (in my case it being mostly halftimes) is sufficient enough.

It doesn't really bring something thats literally useful, as if you perform worse then one using for instance halftime then you'll still drop down below then on the actual toplist, but I'd much rather compare my scores to people who either nomod or difficulty increasing ones.

Its subjective, and I don't consider it being literally unfair that people can use halftime to get top ranks, but it doesn't really impress nor interest me how somebody played a map on literally half the difficulty.
Jenny
Reminds me of my feature request a bit; feel supported!
Topic Starter
boat
Not even related, but ok.
Yume_old_old
o.o yeah it's really nice idea, and useful one too. I support it ~
Mizei
I would be so happy with this! too many people playing half time on songs like that, shameless, it makes me sick.
knjiga
I wanted to suggest this long time ago :D. Would be really awesome (i have no votes TT)
jesse1412
Seems like a good idea - no stars.
Topic Starter
boat
So regarding this, could it be viable?
Tom69_old
How come I didn't see this yet. This is brilliant!
Also I'd suggest halftime being disabled by default. ~~
Emaal
sahan slagter approves
Topic Starter
boat
Its a shame that it has not seem to show more interest than this, considering how long ago I suggested it. Feel free to suggest against it, that's just as fine if you simply find it as unnecessary, but do evaluate why that is.
Wishy
Support.
Stefan

Stefan wrote:

Yes. Yes. Yes.
bomber34
I support it too.
But I am afraid it is a bit to much for the server?
At least some of my FL scores that are close to the top 40 would be visible \:D/
Topic Starter
boat

bomber34 wrote:

I support it too.
But I am afraid it is a bit to much for the server?
Depends on the way of implementation. Shouldn't actually put strain on the server itself if it merely hides them, although still showing what their actual rank is.

Even if it was to regroup the ranks accordingly to what mods are disabled (as in a top40 for for instance nomod scores only, going from the 1st to 40th nomod rather than showing what actual map rank the player has), I still doubt it would actually put a significant amount of strain on the servers. For less strain, don't set it as a permanent toggle so that it doesn't have to sort them accordingly every time, rather only used for when needed. No difference unless the user wants to see it on a particular scoreboard.

In any case, having it work somewhat like it does on the site would be ideal, but just hiding them is fine too. To me, at least.
Innocent Treasures
good idea o: laport pru
JanteSmith
sup :D
Tom69_old
I just spread the word.... how the fuck did this gain 75+ 150+ priority in 10 minutes. <3 you all. :D
MeGl
Support
Topic Starter
boat
staaaaaaaaaars
Yarissa
+1 star~
VelperK
DO IT.
Suimya

VelperK wrote:

DO IT.
jesse1412
Still waiting for this, would be useful with the new top 400 list so that we can ignore all the half time ranks on harder maps.
Aqo
Just change the score modifier on HalfTime from 30% to 0.3%, problem solved :D I'm sure no halftimer would complain

seriously tho +support
ann_old
Oh god, this would be just... WONDERFUL.

Support!
she_old
Support, looking at HT records make me wanna puke.
Hidden Bump
jabberwockey
Yes, yes, and yes.
show more