forum

[Archived] Reverse Arrows Not Glowing Fruit in CTB Mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
After exploring the so called Strangeprogram that is "Un-FC-able" in CTB http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=27737&m=2
I have actually looked into it deeply and found out exactly why it isn't FC-able.
This is because of a compatibility issue with sliders and CTB mode.
Reverse arrows and the start of sliders will NOT turn into glowing fruits that allow you to catch the fruit following it.

This means you can be in this situation:

If each reverse arrow of the slider and the start of the slider were glowing fruit, this would be 100% completeable. There are other instances of this somewhere too. I think one of them was a DJ Hero Song called Groundhog. But, basically put, speedy sliders can break CTB mode in some instances.

It would be cool fi this could be fixed. :)
XEPCOH
Droplet should be able to be hyperdashed and nothing else. If in these sliders droplets hadn't been, sliders would have been passable.

EDIT: move to feature requests
Deif
That's a common bug that happens when you have 2x BPM'd sliders in horizontal position (or near horizontally).

Another good example is http://osu.ppy.sh/s/19156, with some uncatchable sliders.
XEPCOH

Deif wrote:

That's a common bug that happens when you have 2x BPM'd sliders in horizontal position (or near horizontally).

Another good example is http://osu.ppy.sh/s/19156, with some uncatchable sliders.
If droplets will be able to hyperdash, any slider velocity will be passabble so I'd place here +1 but this forum is in wrong room :(
Genesis Rose
Confirmed, Recreated. First 2 fruits are circles, next is kick slider.

Deif
^ Either way, that kind of pattern would be REALLY hard (or impossible) to do for players, as it needs a lot of precision and speed while moving the ryuuta.
Genesis Rose
Just because its hard doesn't mean its impossible. This pattern was only to show the bug, there can be many instances where if the pattern was only done once it would be completely passable. (Especially if the fruits were on the edges of the screen.) [Edit: If hyperfruits were added to sliders like they should be]
Krzysiek
It'd be very nice if all CtB maps would be FCable. Non-FCable maps are scaring away the 100.00% players. Developers, do it for (A)ExGon ^_^.
Mercurial
Banned Forever in Stream Compilation.
XEPCOH

Mercurial wrote:

Nope, it IS passable. But nobody did that.
MillhioreF
reverse arrows DO give hyperdash, but not when there's a small droplet in the slider... on maps with tick rate 4, for example, there are only big droplets and not small droplets, so they get hyperdashed properly!

EDIT: to confirm, yes, the problem is that small droplets don't give hyperdash...
Seph

Mercurial wrote:

CTB user was actually that close on fc-ing it (1 miss) he could probably do it but he's lazy i guess
XEPCOH

Seph wrote:

Mercurial wrote:

CTB user was actually that close on fc-ing it (1 miss) he could probably do it but he's lazy i guess
RAMPAGE88 fced it in his train difficult (songs only from Banned Forever to Marisa-3)
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Well, obviously you can complete some of these sliders that go fast side to side, because the patter is bigger than the fruits. It would take a lot of skill though. That would be cool if that element of skill needed could be kept without it being impossible.

Also, I'm not sure how this would be a feature request. But if you want to head over to feature request, that's totally fine! I wouldn't mind shooting a Kudosu for it. :) Then again, I still saw it as a bug which is why I put it here. But yeah, if you all really agree on it being feature request, that's totally fine with me. ^^ Just let me know.
Winshley

The bug is more like... "No speed fruits for slider elements" (unless the slider has no reverse arrows).
VelperK
bump
MillhioreF
Thread title is misleading though, it's the small droplets causing the problem:

http://puu.sh/14kYO sample map