forum

Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
James
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2008年4月17日 at 午後 11:00:36

Artist: Alice Deejay
Title: Better Off Alone
BPM: 137
Filesize: 5532kb
Play Time: 03:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.43 stars, 267 notes)
  2. Hard (4.6 stars, 548 notes)
Download: Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song (not beatmap) perfectly fits to those people who plays Osu! and doesn't bother talking at the times where only I and peppy (and someimes mtmcl) are the only ones that are talking in the chat. (6-9PM Aussie time?)

EDIT: Changed offset by a little.
EDIT: Strobes are back in! Yay! MY EYES!!!

ANYONE who doesn't like the strobes may remove the "white.png" file in the songs folder.

if you are prone to seizures, avoid this.
Fox
ok

what

No, really. It's kind of fun and probably took you a good time of work. And patience, too. It feels good to play, though I think some parts could be more than what they are as of now. Kinda hard to describe... but yeah.

As for the spinners, don't wait for what people say. Remove them. Most of them disappear before you even realize that they show up, really. It's making hardly any sense. I mean - that one at 3:13:47 - how are you even supposed to spin it?

As for the timing and the offset, it seems alright to me.

What bothers me are those quick beats, where you have to tap VERY fast and be precise and move on to the next "pile" of beats. That's annoying, but I guess it's not THAT bad. Many people like this, so leave it in, I guess.

I liked that part from 1:40 on, with that bunch of sliders. That was great and a lot of fun (except for those beats hidden under sliders. Those are bastards.)
Topic Starter
James
Don't worry, there will be an easier version

@ spinner part
Well I ran out of ideas so there they are. I guess thats a -1 for the spinner part. I'll still take a look if majority (or all of you) will disagree on that part.

3:13:47 - how are you even supposed to spin it?
Nope, its free points and combo ;)

What bothers me are those quick beats, where you have to tap VERY fast and be precise and move on to the next "pile" of beats. That's annoying, but I guess it's not THAT bad. Many people like this, so leave it in, I guess.
I'm guessing you're using a tablet? hehehe... :)
I place those circles just like what beats techo songs are using, first slow, single beats then suddenly it becomes plenty before you know it.
And this is hard isn't it? That's why its called hard.
I'll make another difficulty that is easier, so don't worry. This could take a while though, due to I got 2-3 beatmaps to make an easier version first.

I liked that part from 1:40 on, with that bunch of sliders.
I *kinda* copied that from awp's Shotgun Symphony. and DJPOP's Marisa song. Cute, eh?
Thanks awp and DJPOP.

except for those beats hidden under sliders
There are? o.o

Thanks for your comment btw, I'll keep those stuffs in mind.
Topic Starter
James
Added Normal version that has ALOT of awp's Etna Sliders since he allowed me to use it, and I abused it. 8-)

EDIT: Strobes are back! Be sure to wear welding equipment while playing.
Rolled
This is pretty damn awesome. But seriously, if you are prone to seizures, avoid this. We don't need any legal shit.

Bubbled.
peppy
Love this one. Ranked

luke27

James wrote:

if you are prone to seizures, avoid this.
LOL

Very good effect man! ;) 9 stars!
alcoatjez
I hope I'm not gravedigging, but I LOVE this map. I think I've heard this song about 1000 times before I played it, so at least that helps making it to the end. Yes, I still suck at Osu! :oops:
Thanks a lot for this great map, James :)
DeathxShinigami
James...lets face it Your better off alone. And the strobes are just made of pure win. ^^
Topic Starter
James
yeah i better off mapping alone i mean..
Thank you.
LuigiHann
What do you think of this for the strobe

Lybydose
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FurukawaPan
Just tried this on CtB. Ippongi Ryuuta is catching fruits in the dance floor.

Awesome. :)
Xgor
MY EYES!!!!!!
*removes flashes*
edu750zx
I like the song, but I think those are a bit annoying flash ... Well that's my opinion.But you did a good job! :D