forum

Ib

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
"Ib (pronounced "Eeb," similar to “Eve”) is a freeware horror adventure game by kouri made in RPG Maker 2000. A young girl named Ib visits an art gallery with her parents. While observing the many exhibits, she suddenly realizes she is alone, and in her search for others, she finds things awry in the gallery... The game is focused on exploration and puzzle-solving. There are no battles, and it does not demand quick reflexes. It's designed to be accessible to all kinds of players, so enjoy."

Here we go, a lovely thread for a lovely game. Who plays it, and if you do play it, discuss! ♥

Fight69
Awesome game, the only bad thing is that the game is too short. :<
AngelLonely
I completed it, and then i play again, completed, then again.... how many times i played ? T_T
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
I've only played it through two times so far but I plan on playing it again to get the remaining endings I didn't get, for example Memory's Crannies and Ib all Alone. I also do have to concur, I hated to see the game be over so fast, even if it was still a good game. If it was a bit longer i'd totally be addicted to it. The puzzles were interesting.

First endings, anybody? Mine was Together, Forever.
Copter-kun
I actually got around playing it after watching a full LP of it.

But my first ending was Forgotten Portrait. Getting the good ending in the first try wasn't so easy.
Lunavista
Me playing Ib:" Gaaaarrrryyyyyyy ;w; !!!!!"

Lovelovelove Garry. Love him. Gosh, I love him. <3

I don't, like some people, hate Mary - she was just lonely, and didn't know the feelings of friendhip/love ect. It made me sad.
Overall, it's one of those way too little-known games. It's fanbase has grown hugely in the afterwards of it's release.

My first ending when I played the game was Memories Crannies - it frustrated me! I was like "Ib, remember Garry!! ;_;" And stuff, yeah.
Second time I got Promise of Reunion.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
At first I didn't even understand that you had to be that close to Garry and I was leaning more over to Marry, so that's probably why I got my ending.. Yeah, I have a notepad now of how to get the good / bad endings but I'm going to try to get a good ending w/o looking at it within a few days or so; whenever I feel like doing a new game, basically.

Also yes, Garry hnnn ;A; I'm having trouble picking between my favorite character; it's either Garry or Mary ;A; I love Mary and Garry's designs, Garry was very kind and loving but Mary was so lonely and cute ;A;// omh one day I'll find out who's my favorite xDDDD

I also do concur, it needs a bigger fanbase. There's been a boom since PewDie played it though, which is kinda sad imo because he doesn't take the game seriously ((Unless in the episodes he played it after one and two he started to, the first episodes weren't taken seriously at all.))

Also, 'reminds me, no PewDie fantards please. He's okay and I watch some of his videos, but the reason of this thread is just for the game itself. C: //just incase one happens to waltz in here//
Lunavista

Elly-chan wrote:

Also yes, Garry hnnn ;A; I'm having trouble picking between my favorite character; it's either Garry or Mary ;A; I love Mary and Garry's designs, Garry was very kind and loving but Mary was so lonely and cute ;A;// omh one day I'll find out who's my favorite xDDDD
I liked Mary for a while, but Garry. Hnnng. Garry. ;w; Gaaaaaarrrryyyy.
I almost cry whenever someone gets the bad endings with Garry...
*fanspazzes* :3

And yes I agree, I didn't like when PewDiePie played it - the game was not to be joked so much with. It's annoying to me to have that happen.
Cry played it first, actually, and at least he took it somewhat seriously - PewDie didn't really realize that he got a bad ending.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
I think Garry's actually one of the only Guy-characters through all games i've played / manga I read / animes i've watched so far that I like the most. I usually prefer the girls for unknown reasons ((i'm a girl, I guess that's why?)) but he was just hnn ;A;// Also, take a picture of Ib.

Lunavista

Elly-chan wrote:

I think Garry's actually one of the only Guy-characters through all games i've played / manga I read / animes i've watched so far that I like the most. I usually prefer the girls for unknown reasons ((i'm a girl, I guess that's why?)) but he was just hnn ;A;//
Yeah, usually I stick with girl characters, but this time, Garry was like "omigawdlovelovelove" >w>
Perhaps because he's so caring towards our Ib. It's like a big brother type of cute, and he sticks with her throughout the whole game.
Also, because fanart is awesome, have a cute picture of them all.

Mismagius
FUCKING
BEST
GAME
EVER
MADE
Pokebis
Why did this game suddenly get so popular?
Oh yeah, some fag on Youtube's homepage LP'd it.
It had an interesting story, but wasn't fleshed out nearly enough.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
I wish PewDie didn't play it at all.. it was a real disappointment because he couldn't take it seriously.

I thought it was fine, but I guess that's because anything can entertain a 12 year old, I guess?

EDIT: NEEDS MORE MARY.

Fai-Chii
I has spend more time to best ending [Promise of Reunion] and I had done :)
it's is best game :D
awp
when you say best game do you actually mean it
Aurele
oh, that's the game you was talking about...
/me go on google to find it
Mismagius

awp wrote:

when you say best game do you actually mean it
well, surely it's one of the best games i have played at least this year (if not the best)

great storylines make great puzzle-styled/horror games (although this isn't really like that, but can be classified as that genre)
Lunavista
I just read this in kouri's blog, posted yesterday was an update, there is apparently Ib merchandise at a a panel at a con or something.
There will be Ib T-shirts and buttons, and a few other things I think. There are now a few goods for Ib!
I wish I was in Japan. ;~;
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
Sounds pretty legit. I hope I'll see some at Otakon / Zenkaicon or Megacon next year, fanmade or official.. I totally need a cute little button of Mary / Ib / Gary ;A;//

Side Note; Mary manipulated the dollroom to look like Bunnies to Ib, right? Just confirming because Garry didn't say it was cute and once you played as him and went into the dollroom he said what he said previously when Ib / Mary were there; "I'll never find this cute." ><"
Lunavista

Elly-chan wrote:

Sounds pretty legit. I hope I'll see some at Otakon / Zenkaicon or Megacon next year, fanmade or official.. I totally need a cute little button of Mary / Ib / Gary ;A;//

Side Note; Mary manipulated the dollroom to look like Bunnies to Ib, right? Just confirming because Garry didn't say it was cute and once you played as him and went into the dollroom he said what he said previously when Ib / Mary were there; "I'll never find this cute." ><"
Actually, there is a book in that same room, that explains that. Mary sees the dolls, as does Garry - Ib's mind however makes her hallucinate to see bunnies instead of dolls. So to her it's bunnies. Mary legit thinks the dolls are cute. Ib's mind just protected her by making her see that. Eh, read the book, I think it says it better x3 But no, Mary did nothing. It was Ib's own mind.
Isaac_zero
i played that game a lot of times. and i love it!. . . . . the bad thing about it was that the game was not so long. you can beat the game in like 2 or 3 hours. but still.it's a very fun game! my first ending was ib all alone ._. . . . . . . this game deserves a 2nd part or something like that. cuz it's a magnificent game. or an adaptation to a console.i would buy it!

but yes. the point it's that this game is one of the most brilliant games i ever played.

peace and play Ib! :)
Mismagius

Lunavista wrote:

Elly-chan wrote:

Actually, there is a book in that same room, that explains that. Mary sees the dolls, as does Garry - Ib's mind however makes her hallucinate to see bunnies instead of dolls. So to her it's bunnies. Mary legit thinks the dolls are cute.
Yep. You can see in the toybox where Mary tells the doll exactly what you chose in the other area of the game.
Azure_Kite
First play through I got the Memory's Crannies ending...
Aoriki
Wow, I kinda wish I was more into this game back then. But now that I see you guys talking about it, makes me wanna retry the game ; - ;' I forgot where I left off.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
Maybe you should just restart from the very beginning? \o/
Aoriki
May as well xD And somehow manage to know where I should go. I've already download it and will be playing it tonight. Oh ho~
Mismagius
Memory's Crannies is the ending where Mary is Ib's sister, right? If it is, that was the first one I got.
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
I think that was the ending where (SPOILERDERP) Garry lives, but you have a low bond so Ib doesn't get to give Garry her handkerchief, Garry doesn't remember Ib, and you get Memory's Crannies. (ENDSPOILERDERP)

What you're talking about is Together, Forever; and that was my first ending too. Does this picture ring a bell?

Aurele
Going to play it now. :>
Mismagius
Oh. I see D: I didn't really try all endings so I don't know it
Verdisphena
This game seems interesting
Lunavista
I want to play Ib again.... i'll try to download on this laptop. >.<
Topic Starter
Elly-chan
HISSSSS, IB MAP GOT RANKED JKAJNHUJNKSMJEKOLMAJIKMJWNKMANJS

somebody map another song from the game and i'll make a guest difficulty normal.

god i love ib
Dafydd
Damn I'm gonna try this. I'm a chicken but idc. :D
Angelique
I wanna play it but unfortunately I have to download the RPG4000 maker or something? Is there any other way that I can play it without using that? ._.
show more