forum

[web] Upgrading from top50 to top100?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +35
show more
Hernan
I actually lurk a lot, and I often read every 50 scores and try to find something interesting. Also, showing scores between 50 and 100 could lead me to find some double time play without full combo in a map that no one in the top 50 has double time. But that's just me.

Edit: For example, until today, in this map http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=122075&m=0#scores penew was #50 with double time, and it was impressing, now it's gone forever.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

peppy wrote:

If anything it would be paginated, as I don't see anyone actually reading through that many scores for any reason other than finding themselves in the list. Correct me if I'm wrong. Note that "finding friends" is not a valid answer for now.
Its just good information, knowing where people are, and how they did. Its nothing other than information. Seems like admins sometimes try to find more reasons to shut it down rather than finding reasons to making it happen. People Ive spoken to already seem to like the idea.
YodaSnipe
I find myself wanting to see top100 more and more because of the number of people like I said earlier.
peppy

Nilsso wrote:

Its just good information, knowing where people are, and how they did.
It's a matter of whether it is relevant to the majority of users or not.

Nilsso wrote:

Seems like admins sometimes try to find more reasons to shut it down rather than finding reasons to making it happen.
I do not add things just for the sake of adding them. Increasing from 50 to 100 would add extra bulk to the page (more scrolling, slower client-side render times, more traffic to users, and a huge wall of text). I am not looking to shut it down; I am looking for reasons as to why I should make it happen. Because personally I don't believe it will be useful to the average user.

Nilsso wrote:

People Ive spoken to already seem to like the idea.
Then get them to comment in this thread why they would like to see this happen.
Marcin
Well I see reason for this: Sometimes "maybe-good" players play with DT only, but when top50 is full of DT HD, then they can't be spotted as they reached something really good (like top100), the same goes for hardrockers.
YodaSnipe
^this is actually a REALLY good point. This also goes for good SSHD or SS scores too.
JappyBabes
inb4 that's considered finding friends
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Marcin wrote:

Well I see reason for this: Sometimes "maybe-good" players play with DT only, but when top50 is full of DT HD, then they can't be spotted as they reached something really good (like top100), the same goes for hardrockers.
Yep. And it makes the "semi-top-player-scene" alittle more interesting

peppy wrote:

I do not add things just for the sake of adding them. Increasing from 50 to 100 would add extra bulk to the page (more scrolling, slower client-side render times, more traffic to users, and a huge wall of text). I am not looking to shut it down; I am looking for reasons as to why I should make it happen. Because personally I don't believe it will be useful to the average user.
No matter what u put on the webpage, its going to be a huge wall of text, the forum is a huge wall of text, the news update is a huge wall of text. Its just good information in general to have in the rankings... This would be useful in a way that it makes it more competitive for the "semi-top-players", and alittle more interesting. Nowadays u cannot even see the SS'ers because of the wall of people that plays hidden/HR/DT/FL.

If ur looking for ways to improve this game/page, and Im hoping u are; this is one of them.
Ekaru
Top 50 is already tough to browse on this browser (lol3DS). I imagine that simply extending the list to 100 would result in a horror whenever I want to check a map's rating distribution from my bed.

Similar situation ocurrs with ghetto computers/connections, so it's not as obvious of an addition as you might think... Especially since your average user doesn't really care about scores outside of the top 20 or so that aren't their own or a friend's. While I don't care what happens here, i just wanted to point this out.

Also, i'm accepting laptop donations. Stylus typing is painful D: But yeah, as long as it's done with pages i don't care too much. Would rarely check that 2nd page, anyways.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Ekaru wrote:

Top 50 is already tough to browse on this browser (lol3DS). I imagine that simply extending the list to 100 would result in a horror whenever I want to check a map's rating distribution from my bed.

Similar situation ocurrs with ghetto computers/connections, so it's not as obvious of an addition as you might think... Especially since your average user doesn't really care about scores outside of the top 20 or so that aren't their own or a friend's. While I don't care what happens here, i just wanted to point this out.

Also, i'm accepting laptop donations. Stylus typing is painful D: But yeah, as long as it's done with pages i don't care too much. Would rarely check that 2nd page, anyways.
Well ur saying: "the average user dont care about scores outside the top20". What about those who do actually cares and are not an average user who wants that information? The average user do not check the rating distrib. from the bed either, they check it from the stationary. U cannot assume everyone is in bed with their computer lol... The country rankings seems to do this just fine with 50 per page, I never had any troubles loading text to a page... 100 per page would work just fine I bet.

Your post is ridiculous tho, asking for donations to buy a new laptop.
Topic Starter
Nilsso
bump
Remonwater
support, i myself like to find impressive scores throughout the top50. i would love for it to be extended to top 100
Aqo
I always check top 50 on a map to see the rates of people being able to modplay>S>no-S it. It's a fast indication of how hard a map is. For example:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42909 - only top 19 have S = hard map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/53853 - all top 49 have SH, but at 50~ modplays stop.
^ being able to see top 100 on that would help see how hard it is for example. I'd find this useful a lot. Only gave two map examples but I check top 50 for every single map.

Also it's interesting to see whether you spot people you recognize in the top players, especially when you know it's people who can S that map. If I fail to spot a player in top 50 of a map when I think he can get there, I might recommend the map to him, because it's most likely he hasn't seen it at all yet or else he'd be there. Again top 100 would help for this for more contested maps.
Wishy

???
YodaSnipe
???
Topic Starter
Nilsso
I do not see any "next page" on any maps?
OsuMe65
i agree...

:)
Scorpiour
i suppose he means the beatmap information page.... and i support it~~
ffstar

Aqo wrote:

I always check top 50 on a map to see the rates of people being able to modplay>S>no-S it. It's a fast indication of how hard a map is. For example:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42909 - only top 19 have S = hard map
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/53853 - all top 49 have SH, but at 50~ modplays stop.
^ being able to see top 100 on that would help see how hard it is for example. I'd find this useful a lot. Only gave two map examples but I check top 50 for every single map.

Also it's interesting to see whether you spot people you recognize in the top players, especially when you know it's people who can S that map. If I fail to spot a player in top 50 of a map when I think he can get there, I might recommend the map to him, because it's most likely he hasn't seen it at all yet or else he'd be there. Again top 100 would help for this for more contested maps.
^this
support this feature too...
theowest
A next button would be the last thing to add.

100 seems a bit too much imo.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

theowest wrote:

A next button would be the last thing to add.

100 seems a bit too much imo.
No, its awesome.
haxsu
How about adding an option to "display Top 100" and have Top 50 become default for those who are not interested into looking at Top 100?

Example: You go to the page. It will always show Top 50. If you want to expand it to Top 100, you click the option. If you were to refresh the page, it will return back to Top 50.

I think doing it this way would be better then just making every page Top 100.
theowest
nobody would bother pressing a next button unless you're on the list. the other 50 players would be left out.

Rebound wrote:

How about adding an option to "display Top 100" and have Top 50 become default for those who are not interested into looking at Top 100?

Example: You go to the page. It will always show Top 50. If you want to expand it to Top 100, you click the option. If you were to refresh the page, it will return back to Top 50.

That sounds better.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Rebound wrote:

Guess it would be a way of doing it, but if u dont want to see the top 100, just dont scroll all the way down, lol.
Nessuka
Support++
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Twilight Sparkle wrote:

Support++
<3
Topic Starter
Nilsso
bump
Macacito
no one cares to see top51-100..
theowest
These guys do apparently.
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Macacito wrote:

no one cares to see top51-100..
u dont care to see top51-100. Why even bother posting in here?
Many people do care about it.
Macacito
ok sorry about that then
good luck not getting "invalid"
Topic Starter
Nilsso

Macacito wrote:

ok sorry about that then
good luck not getting "invalid"
Gotta funny one over here.
Lets get some more votes people, make it happen =)
Yoshi_green
Hmm...I like this idea, so I gotta apply my OCD into here.

[OCD]
If a top 100 IS really going to be implemented in-game, then I say for the in-game part to be a top 10 on the front page and not a top 6. That way, we can have 10 pages of 10! ^.^ Although the ranking boxes might shrink a little bit, it's still manageable (probably).
[/OCD]

P.S. - promoted this :D
SuzumiyaBR
ingame only 50
in ranking site 100
in profile top 100 to 1000 ^^ ( SuzumiyaBR achieved rank #1000 on Daniele Meo - Adesso Balla [Anto's Normal] (osu!) )
HakuNoKaemi

peppy wrote:

Profile pages show up to 100? I'm not sure what you mean by this. The notifications?
He refer to extend a map ranking list in the website from 50 positions to 100

SPOILER
and yes, I put the last ranked map as example
-GN
I don't like how the profile pages show the #51-100 scores while the beatmap listing only shows #1-50. It feels inconsistent in a way, and getting a notification for "not quite making it on the high-score list!!!" is just weird.

Also, that "Next page" suggestion is a good idea.

Support x2.
Keredna
I like to see this implemented.
I often get motivated when I saw that my friend got a top 100 score, and I'd like to see what mode he played on. But anything below top 50 is just not available. =(
Archangel Tirael
Hmm... I would like to
topX on beatmap gradually
increased depending on its
popularity. The more a person
has passed the map, the more
people appear in top on beatmap's page. Nice idea? ;)
Devochka_old
Top 100 sounds nice! :oops:
So many scores these days...
theowest
100 is a good number.

It would also be cool to see the top 40 online ranking be 50. To even things out a bit.
show more