The scariest horror flick?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
boat

thelewa wrote:

Paranormal activity
I will make you live the rest of your life in excruciating pain. See you at the next assembly.
thelewa
keikaku doori
Topic Starter
boat
And I will hijack the convent and make it "paranormal-activity-fest 2013".

Anyways, get lost lewa you fat oaf.

Edit: So I'm halfway in "Poltergeist", the first one from 1982, and its a shame that half of it is so dumb. Could have been great.
awp
I don't know if they actually make horror movies. You have psychological thrillers, jump-scare movies, depravity circuses, but nothing actually horrifying.

Maybe because movies are grounded in fiction? I mean, it's kind of hard to be scared of something you're not participating in
Topic Starter
boat
I'd enjoy something that'd at the very least make me mildly paranoid rather then just interested in the plot, but moreso actually anything thats worth watching. I don't mind jumpscares and whatnot, it doesn't bother me, but neither do they actually add to the "scare" factor, to me at least.

Okay well shame on me I haven't actually watched the grudge yet, lets see if its something worth spending time on. I don't got high hopes for it.

edit: LOL the beginning is pretty funny.
Jarby
I watched Paranormal Activity 3 in the cinema to humour my mum. I felt bad for contributing to the success of that train wreck.

awp wrote:

Maybe because movies are grounded in fiction? I mean, it's kind of hard to be scared of something you're not participating in
Regarding that, horror video games leave me feeling rather excited throughout. I always think they're going to be a lot more difficult than they actually are though.
awp
Video games are in my mind the only medium that has a chance at doing it right, since they do involve participation from the viewer. At the same time a video game can't offer as polished of an experience because it's just software, and once you understand the software, the immersion breaks down
[[Louise]]
Hi!, the film "It" is so terrorific
Topic Starter
boat

[[Louise]] wrote:

in my list of "this is so stupid that I'm not even going to bother finishing it"
fartownik
American Psycho - psychological horror
Fly & Fly 2 - This shit is just nasty
Shutter
28 Weeks Later/Dawn of the Dead/Night of the Dead - BRAINS
The Dead Set (TV series) - ENGLISH BRAINS

I'm not really into horrors because they're pretty stupid for me as well, most of them for sure. These were the only ones worth posting from my watched list.
I'd also say "Eyes Wide Shut" but it's not even a horror (erotic thriller) and you might have watched it. It's just Kubrick being genius again that you feel pretty uncomfortable while watching. Don't watch with grandpa.
Vext_old

boat wrote:

[[Louise]] wrote:

in my list of "this is so stupid that I'm not even going to bother finishing it"
Good, that movie sucked moose testicles. So did Cujo.

If you have a short attention span then watch The Grudge: White Ghost/Black Ghost

I swear White ghost was made for people with ADD, it's a bunch of mini stories that at the end culminate into one continuing plot. Basically Guy delivers a pizza to an empty house he turns around OHHH IT'S THE GRUDGE!!! Then a guy is driving a taxi, he turns around OHHH IT'S THE GRUDGE!!! Then there's a dude on the street, he turns around and OHHH IT'S THE GRUDGE!!! Then you look at the clock and it has been about 15 minutes. It was actually entertaining though.
Topic Starter
boat
I just watched "The Grudge" from 04, it wasn't quite as bad as I expected it to be, but it was still horrible. The plot wasn't that bad, and it had remarkable moments, but all in all

haha no

So dull, a good idea executed so wrong and so edgy.

I die a little bit inside whenever some site recommends paranormal activity. Gosh darn.

How about "the blair witch project" ? Said to be decent, worth watching?
fartownik

boat wrote:

no

If this movie was a song, it would be a lullaby, it's that boring. A bunch of guys randomly running in the woods, the only scary parts are when they 'hear' something, SHAT PANTS.

From movies record from hand I'd say [Rec] and Project Monster (still prefer the second one).
Vext_old
Just a btw on the grudge movies is that there are Japanese and English movies and they aren't really remakes, they have different plots. The English ones are kinda derp but the effects are vastly superior, opposite for JP. There's a Korean movie called "Phone" that is still to this day my favorite horror movie, not that scary but the movie is solid.
FisHie_old
I've never seen a scary horror movie.
Not sure if they even exist.
JAKACHAN

fartownik wrote:

boat wrote:

no

If this movie was a song, it would be a lullaby, it's that boring. A bunch of guys randomly running in the woods, the only scary parts are when they 'hear' something, SHAT PANTS.

From movies record from hand I'd say [Rec] and Project Monster (still prefer the second one).
[Rec] was creepy as all hell. Thatgooey and I watched it the other night and we were having a shitfit near the end lol.
Topic Starter
boat
Just finished REC, as far as scary goes, not so much, but it was quite good nonetheless. The acting was a lot better then most, and it kept me watching thorought. I'd even recommend it to somebody who likes movies in the genre.

Lets see if REC2 is just as good.
Pokebis
Any documentary (propaganda) that's focused around a single opinion instead of presenting facts and letting the viewer make up their own minds.
Vish024

FisHie wrote:

I've never seen a scary horror movie.
Not sure if they even exist.
Topic Starter
boat
REC2 was just really noisy, compares perfectly with how SAW turned into a bad mess after the third one, especially the last one. Was interesting to see the continuation and all, but ruined it completely, for me at least.

Not even sure if I should bother myself through the third one. Granted its a new movie and not a sequel, but I'm afraid it follows the same pattern as the rest.

Actually, lets try Session 9 first.
JAKACHAN

boat wrote:

REC2 was just really noisy, compares perfectly with how SAW turned into a bad mess after the third one, especially the last one. Was interesting to see the continuation and all, but ruined it completely, for me at least.

Not even sure if I should bother myself through the third one. Granted its a new movie and not a sequel, but I'm afraid it follows the same pattern as the rest.

Actually, lets try Session 9 first.
I remember watching a bit of Session 9 with my dad I don't think I was that scared by it at all and wasn't really that into it.
Topic Starter
boat
Session 9 wasn't a disaster, but when it wasn't stupidly subtle, it was really edgy. Was moreso a cheesy drama than a horror movie. Acting was bad, and the only thing that would startle anybody would be the ridiculous high pitched noises. I didn't like it. Time wasted.

no/5
fartownik
If you still want to watch sth, "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County" is a pretty good movie. Forgot the title of it, recalled it just today. Similar to Rec, Project Monster, Paranormal Activity etc.
Scary Movie
Haseo_old
definitely the grudge

and shutter