forum

How do you watch anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Maybe you're right. But I don't know either. But at current, I won't learn japanese. That's fact, at least for now.
Okay then.

I'll await your Japanese skills.
Katze
I use my PC..
The Ribbon Red

kathi wrote:

I use my PC..
Ryu_old
my friends tell me about animes /o/ best ever way to watch animuu~
The Ribbon Red

Ryu wrote:

my friends tell me about animes /o/ best ever way to watch animuu~
Friendly recommendations doesn't always hit the spot IMO. But still, they gave us something to watch (at least).
DerekMcD
I read your conversation.

For me, I watch anime with JP dub online, and I watch anime dubbed on TV.

I bought DVDs from MovieStop/FYE but I only buy them used, but I wanted to buy new DVDs but there expensivs (DVD-BD combo). But I'm trying to watch some anime online on the computer before I'll get off. I only use subs to help me get better on my grammer and learn new words I never heard of. I stopped watching fansubs on stream for some reason and moved to torrents. If new anime is not picked up by CR and other, I'll just watch the fansubs.

If you want to watch anime with a Japanese dub, look at many people from Japan arrested for illegal uploading.

I really hoping we'll have FUNimation Channel on Dish.
The Ribbon Red

Koro McAlpine wrote:

I bought DVDs from MovieStop/FYE but I only buy them used, but I wanted to buy new DVDs but there expensivs (DVD-BD combo). But I'm trying to watch some anime online on the computer before I'll get off. I only use subs to help me get better on my grammer and learn new words I never heard of. I stopped watching fansubs on stream for some reason and moved to torrents. If new anime is not picked up by CR and other, I'll just watch the fansubs.

If you want to watch anime with a Japanese dub, look at many people from Japan arrested for illegal uploading.

Whom?

Watch online JP dub and EN dub on TV? Same.

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Wait, what's that supposed to mean? I thought you watch them too.
DerekMcD

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Whom?

Watch online JP dub and EN dub on TV? Same.
I wanted to, on Hulu, CR, Crackle, and Viki but my crappy 4G hotspot sucks for buffering. Have you ever used 4G before?

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Wait, what's that supposed to mean? I thought you watch them too.
It's just crap Crunchyroll/ANN reported everytime when this happens and counting... Besides, Japanese animation companies want to make money from their stuffs (DVDs and other)... I also heard last year FUNimation used over 1000 torrent users over One Piece and then, Toei does the same to them too. That's why One Piece was extremly popular and Toei/FUNimation want money from this anime.
The Ribbon Red

Koro McAlpine wrote:

I wanted to, on Hulu, CR, Crackle, and Viki but my crappy 4G hotspot sucks for buffering. Have you ever used 4G before?
No. Sticking to LAN with Wi-Fi router.

Koro McAlpine wrote:

It's just crap Crunchyroll/ANN reported everytime when this happens and counting... Besides, Japanese animation companies want to make money from their stuffs (DVDs and other)... I also heard last year FUNimation used over 1000 torrent users over One Piece and then, Toei does the same to them too. That's why One Piece was extremly popular and Toei/FUNimation want money from this anime.
So they let them be at first, but asks for money later? Pretty common marketing tactic, if you ask me. That is, if they plan on rising popularity first.
DerekMcD

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Koro McAlpine wrote:

No. Sticking to LAN with Wi-Fi router.

Koro McAlpine wrote:

So they let them be at first, but asks for money later? Pretty common marketing tactic, if you ask me. That is, if they plan on rising popularity first.
My 4G Hotspot stop buffering videos on CR until the video pauses at where it stopped buffering and I have to refresh it and stop where I left off. So annoying. On my Android tablet, using the CR app, it kicked me out of the video where it stopped buffering, and it's so annoying, had to go back and it took me where it stopped at. I wish Crunchyroll should do more buffering improvements on the computer. Crunchyroll is the only thing I stick with.

Have you ever join CR?
Allyses
Laptop
Accelerator-kun
PC and sometimes smartphone.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

PC and sometimes smartphone.
Aisur
J u n k o_old
Download from torrent, going to hard disk, then connected to the TV by USB.
The Ribbon Red
We should do a poll on how do you watch anime to see which way is much more preferred to watch them.

Though, I have a feeling I already knew the answer.
Aisur
Justykanna
Everything on my computer. =)
0kuu
Laptop and sometimes on my phone
Evanlet
Usually on PC with 5.1 Surround (although anime seems to only use 2.1, rendering my 2 rear speakers are completely useless). When I can be bothered, I hook up an external drive to my 58" and watch it with 7.1 Surround, and sound comes out of all speakers there?
420Guy
If it's an random anime i'm watching a stream and if it's an epic Anime like Steins;Gate or Clannad then i'm downloading it and watching it on my TV.
The Ribbon Red

_Ryohei_ wrote:

Poll is a good idea. But the most chosen answer will be pc
Like I said.
BadLuckExpert
>How do you watch anime?
>ummm.. by seeing them?
The Ribbon Red

BadLuckExpert wrote:

>How do you watch anime?
>ummm.. by seeing them?
"Seeing"? You don't meet with anime.
Fai-Chii
Laptop/PS3 :)
The Ribbon Red

Fai-Chii wrote:

With HDTV?

And give me Garry.
Fai-Chii

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Fai-Chii wrote:

With HDTV?
Yes Samsung HDTV :oops:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Fai-Chii wrote:

And give me Garry
Okay. >:(
The Ribbon Red

Fai-Chii wrote:

Okay. >:(
Are you challenging me? The great Weiss Guertena...

...apprentice?

SPOILER
1,000th Post
And it goes to Ib, Mary and Garry.
SayonaraChainsaw
Laptop to flatscreen ~master race
nomen
pc
Suzu_old_1
On Pc with milk/juice and little snacks
or
with YUM YUM (chicken flavour) :3
The Ribbon Red

Kamixdesu wrote:

On Pc with milk/juice and little snacks
or
with YUM YUM (chicken flavour) :3
I don't snack while I watch anime, though.

At least the good ones, that is.
Kin
pc, phone/archos during school, TV rarely
The Ribbon Red

Kinzo wrote:

phone/archos during school
Do we have a badass here?
Hamuko
PC / Phone during school / TV
The Ribbon Red

Teta wrote:

Phone during school
Again?

What do you guys actually do at school?
Hamuko
I watch anime and listen to music. Consider me a female 3D Nichijou Takumi.
Defiantzz
Usually on my HTC Pro 7 Windows Phone. I never get the urge to watch anime during the day, so I always watch it at night when I can't sleep, which is virtually every night! But occasionally on my PC i'll watch some.
The Ribbon Red

Teta wrote:

I watch anime and listen to music. Consider me a female 3D Nichijou Takumi.
Oh... OK.
Hocker_Zocker
i love watsching anime on my ipod <3 :D
but the pc is also ok ^^
show more