forum

Baker feat. Hatsune Miku - carol (kz remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yafhow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
yafhow
Finished Easy difficulty and added a simple storyboard for the title.
James
Hi, welcome to the beatmapping world. hope time wont eat consume with this.

Fiirst of all, your map is really well-made for your first time (seriously).
one of the few maps that i have seen that has good quality.
i dont have much to say but i got a few issues for me (not you) to deal with.

1. The only problem with the map are those long breaks, you should shorten them off by a little.
I suggest:
To shorten them obviously.
start placing circles at:
- 00:18:92 and start the break at 00:29:53.
- 01:43:84 and start the break at 01:58:15.
- 03:26:77 ~ end. Or better yet, end the song here.

Same thing on normal. but i really suggest to start the song at 00:44:77 and end it at 03:26:77.

If youre lazy and you dont want to do as i say just tell me so and i will gladly fill them up for you. Except for normal.
Because I don't really care about easier difficulties.

2. Some minor spacing issues...
...that i fixed already so just slap this one to your folder and reupload.
I left 95% of the placement of the circles untouched and i just add/removed some circles... I hope thats OK with you.

edit: you need to kinda fix those minor spacing problems in normal. use distance snap
if you cant then use your brain.

Download: Baker feat. Hatsune Miku - carol (kz remix) (yafhow) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
yafhow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
i usually allow 1 20+second break in a single difficulty but i dont know about others. they dont allow it most of the time.
Topic Starter
yafhow
Well, if there's no other way I'll shorten it, but I'd like to hear more opinions.
Krystal-n
Cute! I like how you managed to credit the artist properly.

I think for Easy at least, you should start the song later on, so that the user has time to listen to the music and get used to the beat and tune before being forced to play.

Also, I think Hard is really well done, but Easy feels like it has spacing issues, and the entire map feels rather counter-intuitive. Did you turn on distance snap?

I personally don't really mind the last long break. Good luck on the beatmap! =D
Topic Starter
yafhow
Thanks for the advice, I resnapped the easy difficulty from scratch using distance snap and shortened the intro.
Krystal-n
Easy feels more natural now! =D I'm liking the beatmap~ Wish you luck in getting ranked ~~
Topic Starter
yafhow
Topic Starter
yafhow
Updated with the song's new version from Re:MIKUS.
Jarby
Hard:

I suggest changing notes to sliders where the vocals stretch, such as:
00:50:45 (4) -
00:55:53 (9) -
01:01:07 (6) -
01:07:99 (3) -

01:36:61 (1) - This spinner feels out of place, especially with another one coming up soon. Replace it with something else.
03:52:53 (5) - Spacing. Actually, I'm worried about spacing throughout this. Try distance snapping it over at a higher grid level.
Topic Starter
yafhow
Thanks, I fixed the things you mentioned and also resnapped the Hard difficulty, spacing should be more consistent now.
SuzumiyaKyon
Love this beatmap to death. Definitely one of my favorites ever since I first spotted it. Needs moar ranked-ness. Seriously, this thing needs to be ranked. You did a really good job with this. A Star for you!
Jarby
The beatmap graveyard is an unfortunate place for this map.
SuzumiyaKyon
Will some BAT member PLEASE ungraveyard this map!?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.