MOR's Speed Reading Note Skin. LOOKING FOR TESTERS ON NEXT S

posted
Total Posts
show more
RusselG
gj for being able to mash skins
OsuMe65

Kyou-kun wrote:

The people who complain about "theme" clearly don't understand the point of this skin. The point is not to have a particular theme, but to make reading notes easier. Cosmetics are not the purpose of this skin. In fact, the specific theme of the skin could simply be to be able to read notes more easily.
that may be accepted [but i oppose to it]

MLGnom wrote:

You're*

And I agree with ziin. Skin doesn't have any general theme. It's just have few changed things and mostly they from default skin or someone's else. This doesn't even look descent. Lack of many things.
Think about some kind of theme instead of random crap. :<
also agree
Soly
OsuMe65

Soly wrote:

You basically took cookiezis skin and made it worse. It's harder to read overlapping notes due to you taking away the original skins transparency on the notes. Purple is probably not the most effective color for your cursor to be on black backgrounds. The spinner has a background you might aswell disable/remove that rather than just blur it if you are going purely for gameplay effectiveness, size reduction of the HP bar should also be done. You didn't even shrink the cursor.

The anime girl is not needed and serves only as a distraction during breaks, it also looks heavily distorted due to resizing. The overuse of blur filter effects also makes you question what is and isn't blurred. The purple also looks unnatural, it feels as if you've just lazily slapped a purple layer over everything.

It feels really budget overall, I give it a 3/10. I can't even steal any skin elements from it.
good explanation

also... WHY VIOLET~!!

pretty girls seems encouraging/distracting the gameplay [no matter what map you play]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an epic abuse bro...

Score: 3/10
ZARMIENTO96

Sonez wrote:

Looks pretty good, though ill be removing the hit/slider whistle, cause its annoying ^^
ZARMIENTO96
:(

ZARMIENTO96 wrote:

Sonez wrote:

Looks pretty good, though ill be removing the hit/slider whistle, cause its annoying ^^
Topic Starter
badvial

Soly wrote:

You basically took cookiezis skin and made it worse. It's harder to read overlapping notes due to you taking away the original skins transparency on the notes. Purple is probably not the most effective color for your cursor to be on black backgrounds. The spinner has a background you might aswell disable/remove that rather than just blur it if you are going purely for gameplay effectiveness, size reduction of the HP bar should also be done. You didn't even shrink the cursor.

The anime girl is not needed and serves only as a distraction during breaks, it also looks heavily distorted due to resizing. The overuse of blur filter effects also makes you question what is and isn't blurred. The purple also looks unnatural, it feels as if you've just lazily slapped a purple layer over everything.

It feels really budget overall, I give it a 3/10. I can't even steal any skin elements from it.
Thanks for the opinion. I actually only put this skin out because my friends said that it worked well for them because some of them are colorblind... They said that the purple makes it look gray, and the contrast blur alows them to be able to read the notes more easily... I will be making a custom colored Black and Oragne skin soon.

Hopefully that one will get better reviews. Stay tuned. Thanks...
Topic Starter
badvial

OsuMe65 wrote:

Soly wrote:

good explanation

also... WHY VIOLET~!!

pretty girls seems encouraging/distracting the gameplay [no matter what map you play]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an epic abuse bro...

Score: 3/10
Posted the reason on violet above. Thanks...
Topic Starter
badvial

Kyou-kun wrote:

The people who complain about "theme" clearly don't understand the point of this skin. The point is not to have a particular theme, but to make reading notes easier. Cosmetics are not the purpose of this skin. In fact, the specific theme of the skin could simply be to be able to read notes more easily.
Thanks for understanding unlike some who misunderstood the title...
Topic Starter
badvial

RusselG wrote:

gj for being able to mash skins
Exactly ^_^
Topic Starter
badvial

Espionage724 wrote:

Tried this skin earlier, looks pretty good. Maybe have multiple cursor colors as addons? Light blue would be nice (there was another skin that had a similar cursor that was light blue, but I can't recall the skin)
Other skin with the Cyan Color Cursor was Cookiezi's... I'll be adding a change log and adding different color variations soon. Stay tuned. thanks...
Stefan
Please quote all in one post instead of making for every Quote a senseless Post.
Topic Starter
badvial

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

Please quote all in one post instead of making for every Quote a senseless Post.
I read them at different times... my bad...
Ohrami

MOR wrote:

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

That's why the Edit function exists.

Also, I didn't realize the circles aren't even translucent until Soly pointed it out. Come on. How is that supposed to be a "speed-reading" skin?
Topic Starter
badvial

Kyou-kun wrote:

That's why the Edit function exists.

Also, I didn't realize the circles aren't even translucent until Soly pointed it out. Come on. How is that supposed to be a "speed-reading" skin?[/quote]

It is a Speed Reading Skin because of the fact that it has nothing on it. I tried to make it as simplistic as I could. That was the point of the skin. If you dislike it, just tell me what you think is wrong with it. Not a life story on how this ISN'T a Speed Reading Skin...

Thanks.

PS

Contact me for the skin I'm currently working on. A lot of stuff has changed...
Ohrami

MOR wrote:

It is a Speed Reading Skin because of the fact that it has nothing on it. I tried to make it as simplistic as I could. That was the point of the skin. If you dislike it, just tell me what you think is wrong with it. Not a life story on how this ISN'T a Speed Reading Skin...
Thanks.

PS

Contact me for the skin I'm currently working on. A lot of stuff has changed...
I just explained to you what's wrong with it.
Topic Starter
badvial
Also, I didn't realize the circles aren't even translucent until Soly pointed it out. Come on. How is that supposed to be a "speed-reading" skin?
This doesn't sound like a problem. More or less it sounds like your life story...
Ohrami

MOR wrote:

This doesn't sound like a problem. More or less it sounds like your life story...
I didn't say anything about myself other than that I didn't realize something about the skin until it was pointed out to me.

Is English your twenty-second language?
WASSHOI

Kyou-kun wrote:

You can still make sure it has a constant theme while not touching gameplay elements. Having metallic looking selection tabs, fluffy cloud health bars, a Bart Simpson countdown and an animu girl pass/fall noise all in one skin but making sure the notes and spinners aren't distracting doesn't mean it's a good skin. Saying the extras don't count just because they don't add to the gameplay comes off as making an excuse for putting together a Frankenstein theme and not bothering to make it all seem like it fits together.

I understand gameplay is the primary focus of the skin, but it doesn't mean everything else should be neglected.
Topic Starter
badvial
You can still make sure it has a constant theme while not touching gameplay elements. Having metallic looking selection tabs, fluffy cloud health bars, a Bart Simpson countdown and an animu girl pass/fall noise all in one skin but making sure the notes and spinners aren't distracting doesn't mean it's a good skin. Saying the extras don't count just because they don't add to the gameplay comes off as making an excuse for putting together a Frankenstein theme and not bothering to make it all seem like it fits together.

I understand gameplay is the primary focus of the skin, but it doesn't mean everything else should be neglected.

I've been working on a new look for the skin most recently. I've combined other skins into the V2 so far to make a basic idea for myself.
Thank you for your comment.
Topic Starter
badvial

Kyou-kun wrote:

I didn't say anything about myself other than that I didn't realize something about the skin until it was pointed out to me.

Is English your twenty-second language?
Is yelling at me your job?
Nilsso
Did everyone who created these skins-elements allow u too use them? Didnt Bikko create the followpoint flower?
If u dont have the "go" from every creator of these elements, it should be taken down.
Topic Starter
badvial

Nilsso wrote:

Did everyone who created these skins-elements allow u too use them? Didnt Bikko create the followpoint flower?
If u dont have the "go" from every creator of these elements, it should be taken down.
Please read everything under DISCUSSION before posting these comments. I already know that Bikko created most of the elements in this skin, and if he wishes for it to be taken down, I will. But for now, it will be up just to try to help to community with readable skins rather than outlandish skins in my opinion.
Nilsso

MOR wrote:

Nilsso wrote:

Please read everything under DISCUSSION before posting these comments. I already know that Bikko created most of the elements in this skin, and if he wishes for it to be taken down, I will. But for now, it will be up just to try to help to community with readable skins rather than outlandish skins in my opinion.
Lol. Bikko is not active anymore and will probly never see this...
Go msg him and ask for his approval, dont just post randomly and hope they approve of it...
Topic Starter
badvial

Nilsso wrote:

Go msg him and ask for his approval, dont just post randomly and hope they approve of it...[/quote]

No I think ill pass. He probably doesn't care anymore, and if he did, it would take a month for him to reply. There would be no point in doing so, and also all of the skins are copy righted under osu!
Nilsso

MOR wrote:

Nilsso wrote:

Go msg him and ask for his approval, dont just post randomly and hope they approve of it...
No I think ill pass. He probably doesn't care anymore, and if he did, it would take a month for him to reply. There would be no point in doing so, and also all of the skins are copy righted under osu![/quote]
wow, No. the guys who made the skin can decide if they want it taken down or not. Ur just copying and pasting other peoples skins and taking credit for it. Guys did that with my skin, I hate it. Im pretty sure Bikko would hate it too.
Ohrami

WASSHOI wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

You can still make sure it has a constant theme while not touching gameplay elements.
But it doesn't matter with a skin titled "Speed Reading Note Skin".