forum

LunaticMara's Tuuba Gaming Challenge (Incoming Game: SMB)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Flanster
I always go NTSC
Wojjan
I can't work Avisynth for the life of me. Any suggestions where I can just slap all of it together comprehensibly?
nooodl_old
Super Mario Bros. (JU) (PRG0) [!].nes is the one used for speedrunning, officially. As long as you don't use a PAL ROM you probably have the right one.
Pokebis

Wojjan wrote:

I can't work Avisynth for the life of me. Any suggestions where I can just slap all of it together comprehensibly?
Maybe you could play it all into a Livestream and let that save the video for you.
Topic Starter
Mara
wojjan send me a PM, give me your avisynth scripts etc

is it possible to download videos from livestream
IppE

Wojjan wrote:

It's not rocket science.

awp

LunaticMara wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

Did Wojjan make an emulator replay? Can't she just upload that?
Whatever suits her, I'll take video of it anyway.

Kert wrote:

Btw, if we gonna have mario speedruns we should discuss what ROM and setting to use
I mean, roms can be played on PAL and NTSC (50 and 60hz)
I suggest (J) roms with NTSC setting
Everyone agrees?
can't I just play it on the TV in my NES?
Yuzeyun

LunaticMara wrote:

wojjan send me a PM, give me your avisynth scripts etc

is it possible to download videos from livestream
I think it is. Just need some video grabbers and ta-da you can. I tried on twitch, since it works the same way on LStream I think this is possible.

218th post yayzers
Wojjan

Pokebis wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

Maybe you could play it all into a Livestream and let that save the video for you.
If I can't even run Windows Movie Maker for long enough, odds are Livestream is gonna be even worse.
Topic Starter
Mara
How about this;

People who actually still own SMB on NES can still use it , regardless of PAL/NTSC version. We can count that as nostalgia bonus. But remember that you need to record that as well!

The ones who are going to use an emulator needs to use (JU) (PRG0) [!].nes-version, which nooodl mentioned.

Does this sound ANY fair?
James2250

LunaticMara wrote:

The ones who are going to use an emulator needs to use (JU) (PRG0) [!].nes-version, which nooodl mentioned.
Now to look up what any of this means because I don't pay attention to details! :D
I am fine with people using the original if they have it.

Also idk if there is a way to prove Wojjan's score without her providing the full replay...? (Seeing as the full video seems to be a problem)
Topic Starter
Mara
Hmm.. Maybe she should just give me her movie replay (if she recorded with an emulator recorder), and I'll put it in jootoob.

I'm getting insane any moment.

If you have SMB on Wii, you can also play that, btw. I'm still thinking about All-Stars.
Pokebis

Wojjan wrote:

If I can't even run Windows Movie Maker for long enough, odds are Livestream is gonna be even worse.
Record it with a physical camcorder. It'll be so hardcoar.
silmarilen
is there a save file you can upload or something? then someone else can make a video of it.

oh thats what mara just said.
laport
that sound from the emulator or the wii never seems right.. only snes can pull it all off
Mianki

LunaticMara wrote:

If you have SMB on Wii, you can also play that, btw. I'm still thinking about All-Stars.
I have All-Stars on Wii.
awp

LunaticMara wrote:

People who actually still own SMB on NES can still use it , regardless of PAL/NTSC version. We can count that as nostalgia bonus. But remember that you need to record that as well!
hell yeah!

What are the rules/objectives? Speedrun? Warp pipes on/off? Glitch abuse?
Topic Starter
Mara
So far the rules are like this;

- Highest score wins.
- Warp pipes are allowed.
- Infinite lives trick is NOT allowed.

and something I probably forgot
awp
I'm bad at SMB so I'm just going to upload whatever I happen to do

maybe I'll get drunk before doing it. You will be able to hear me playing it since I'll record with a digital camera on a CRT screen
Topic Starter
Mara
Sounds amazing. Can't wait.
Kert
Why not just speedrun?
Farming score in SMB is pretty stupid
Getting score in the level > getting 1up > dying > same shit again
James2250

Kert wrote:

Why not just speedrun?
Farming score in SMB is pretty stupid
Getting score in the level > getting 1up > dying > same shit again
If we do speedrun then we need any warp pipes to be banned, but even then this is a point thread :P

We probably need some more rules to avoid point abuse, just can't think of any atm.
Wojjan
Speedrunning is for scrubs

I sent Mara my fm2 file, it's a movie file that FCEUX uses. Don't know on what else it'd work. If you need my ROM, let me know, but I think there's only one true pinball out there
Topic Starter
Mara
We already had a discussion about speedrunning, and we are not takin' it.
awp
when in doubt, just go for "most entertaining video"
Cyclohexane
FisHie wins
James2250
And so are we waiting to finish pinball scoreboard to start this? :P
Topic Starter
Mara
Don't worry about that, I got this.

EDIT: Final score coming somewhere this night.
Sushi
Heh, to avoid the problem @ make a level , get a 1UP, die, why not setting a no-death condition ?
Flanster

Sushi wrote:

Heh, to avoid the problem @ make a level , get a 1UP, die, why not setting a no-death condition ?
genius.
Topic Starter
Mara
Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Anyways, recording in progress. Wojjan likes to spend her days in the BONUS STAGE.

EDIT:

AVISource("Pinball-67.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part2.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part3.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part4.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part5.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part6.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part7.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part8.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part9.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part10.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part11.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part12.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part13.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part14.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part15.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part16.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part17.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part18.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part19.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part20.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part21.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part22.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part23.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part24.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part25.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part26.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part27.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part28.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part29.avi")+AVISource("Pinball-67_part30.avi")
FadeIO(30)
ConvertToYV12(matrix="Rec601")

oh boy this is going to be fun
Kert

Sushi wrote:

Beating the game is not required then?
Because something tells me it's gonna be pretty difficult to do it without any deaths
Sushi
I know :D That would be part of the challenge, or set a number of deaths allowed...

Of course, beating the game wouldn't be required imo
Wojjan
A 'most score in one life challenge?' Sure.
Topic Starter
Mara
That works.

Encode is now finished, video will be uploaded soon. HAVE YOUR BODIES READY.

EDIT: sorry for delay, I'm playing Killing Floor like a cool guy.
awp

Wojjan wrote:

A 'most score in one life challenge?' Sure.
I'm still gonna just do whatever the fuck I want

that's how this koopa shell rolls
Topic Starter
Mara
I am little bit late, but let's get to the business.

The winner of the Pinball (NES) challenge is Wojjan with 1005640 points!

Here is the final scoreboard.

PINBALL (NES) HI-SCOREBOARD

1st - - - - Wojjan - - - - 1005640 points
2nd - - - - James2250 - - - - 467520 points
3rd - - - - Kert - - - - 397250 points

4th - - - - Lolicore Flandre - - - - 236890 points
5th - - - - LunaticMara - - - - 171310 points
6th - - - - Mianki - - - - 157960 points
7th - - - - _Gezo_ - - - - 137440 points
8th - - - - Mukku - - - - 119620 points
9th - - - - Crimmi - - - - 113770 points
10th - - - - TheVapor - - - - 108910 points