forum

Hatsune Miku -Project Osu!- [Ver. 1.31]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old

Revamped the theme completely, thus, completely updated Top Post.

It's still the Osu!loid theme, but I've revamped the crap out of it. It's now based of the rhythm game "Hatsune Miku -Project Diva-" which was just recently released. This makes the theme STILL a Vocaloid-based theme, just now I have a lot more ideas flowing since I'm just going to base it loosely off the game itself.

All imagery are from either Piapro or Crypton unless stated otherwise.

Latest Version
Version 1.31 upppy!
-Added widescreen scorebar option.

Sample Screencaps
--Screencaps are from Version 0.5, see most recent post for newer screencaps--
SPOILER

(can anyone tell me the image name to put for auto pilot? I have an image for it... but it's not the right file name. :/)

Past Versions
upppy!
-New Ranking Images
-Pause overlay added
-New combo bursts
-Changed 100k and 300 hit images
Version 1.2 upppy! || MegaUpload
-HP Bar made taller for score/pi chart area as well as opacity lightened in that area
-Score numbers overlap more
-Score breakdown BG fixed
-Performance chart image fixed
-Combo image fixed
-Other minor fixes
Version 1.1 upppy! || MegaUpload
-Cursor changed, hot spot is now the center.
-Hit circles made lighter to allow recoloring for combos.
-Removed pointless wrongly-named auto pilot file.
Version 1.0 upppy! || MegaUpload
-CtB Finished.
-Spinner Fixed.
-Health Bar made better.
-Revamped ki images.
-Better slider image.
-Combo colors added.
-"Ready" sound added.
-Ready and Go images changed.
Version 0.6 upppy! || MegaUpload
-CtB Partially Skinned.
-Spinner added.
-Selection Images added.
-Auto Pilot file name changed and now works.
Version 0.5 (new title) upppy! || MegaUpload
NOTE: To those who downloaded the previous incarnation of this theme, the folder's name IS NOT THE SAME. You will have to delete the old Osu!loid theme if you don't want it anymore.
-Countdown + Go sounds (Yes it's me attempting to imitate the characters again. xD)
-Hit Circles
-Updated Numbers (To duplicate PJD's)
-Combo/Point Bursts
-New playfield image
-Pause Menu/Results screen buttons
-Updated ranking images
-Ranking page images added
-New HP bar
-New theme logo (since I changed the name :P)
-And probably a whole pile of crap I missed
OSU!LOID: Version 0.5 upppy! || MegaUpload
-Initial Release
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
Sorry for the double post, but I've got some progress shots~!

Mods
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot022.png

Count Down
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot024.png

Fail
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot027.png
(the pass has Miku on it, too lazeh to go screencap it)

Oh, the cursor was altered before the last screencap. It doesn't spin, and the origin is the top left corner (Which is why it stems out from there, having the click-point being between the split of the negi doesn't work well)

Won't put it up for download until I've got a hit circle for it. :P
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
triple reply, sorry. >_<

UPDATING TOP POST. Version 0.5 is up and rolling! Here's some screencaps.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot038.png
(reference to "melody.exe" x3)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot040.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot037.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot034.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot031.png

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Ch ... hot029.png

Initial Release includes:
-Count Down images
-Combo Burst
-HP Bar
-Slider images
-Rankings
-Clear/Pass images
-BG Image
-Default font

Kitsunemimi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
Been taking a break from Osu! due to school and stuff, finally found some time to play again. So back to work I go on this theme.

Harris73 wrote:

The HP bar is especially weird. Can't we get something else there?
I agree with you, the problem being I have no idea what to use for the bar. >_<;

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to turn this theme into a Project Diva thing, since the game's finally out. Going to work on revamping the sucker and turning it into "Project Osu!" I suppose. ;D I'll keep some elements, but once again this theme's going under a huge revamp.
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
Sorry for double post, but just making sure that people note it's updated. :3 Screenshots in the top post.

And I'll repeat my question here so to make sure it's not lost in the mass of images:

What's the file name for "Auto Pilot"? I have an image ready for it, but it's obviously not the correct filename since it doesn't show up.

edit: oh and any ideas for the spinner are appreciated. The only thing I can think to link it to PJD-wise is Chance Time, but it doesn't really work well.

Also, CtB will be skinned, I'm just too lazeh right now. It'll be falling PSP button thingys and Miku will catch them. =3=

double edit: whoops, realized I forgot to record something for "Are you ready?" Eh, I'll do it before the next update.
MLGnom
For "auto-pilot" give file name "selection-mod-relax2". ^^
Kitsunemimi
Wow what a total change. Did you have overdo the entire theme of it? And the name too? It's like you dumped the old skin and created this one out of nowhere.
purplepizza_old
yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
kideddie1501
FIRST of all, i dont really understand the countdown. I dont really like it either. The Slider ball sucks. Im sorry, it just looks really bland. The combo bursts are good but i hate the health meter and the spinner is still the osu! default one. Overall, I think its great i support this new skin.
Starrodkirby86

kideddie1501 wrote:

FIRST of all, i dont really understand the countdown. I dont really like it either. The Slider ball sucks. Im sorry, it just looks really bland. The combo bursts are good but i hate the health meter and the spinner is still the osu! default one. Overall, I think its great i support this new skin.
It's not complete yet, it's version 0.5. That's probably why the spinner hasn't been changed yet.

The slider ball...I wouldn't really expect it being an 'X', looking at the screenshots. It would distract me indefinitely. I can always suggest some leek or another object a Vocaloid has (Tuna? :3) but I don't know...

Perhaps a cool techno-all around can work too. >w< Perhaps though, my opinion sucks.

I think the life icon (the kianger.png etc.) might need a little more perfection though. ;)

Everything looks promising, I expected no less from you though. :)
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old

Harris73 wrote:

Wow what a total change. Did you have overdo the entire theme of it? And the name too? It's like you dumped the old skin and created this one out of nowhere.
I kept a teeny tiny bit of Osu!loid, but I realized half of it sucked or wouldn't fit the idea of a PJD theme.

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

kideddie1501 wrote:

It's not complete yet, it's version 0.5. That's probably why the spinner hasn't been changed yet.

The slider ball...I wouldn't really expect it being an 'X', looking at the screenshots. It would distract me indefinitely. I can always suggest some leek or another object a Vocaloid has (Tuna? :3) but I don't know...

Perhaps a cool techno-all around can work too. >w< Perhaps though, my opinion sucks.

I think the life icon (the kianger.png etc.) might need a little more perfection though. ;)
I had the slider ball being a spinning leek before, but it didn't work out too well because I had crunched it all up to fit better. I had made it an X because I just had felt using the O again would be kinda lame. :P Maybe an O would work better? X and O are the usual buttons for Normal Rank songs on Project Diva, which is why I used them.

The countdown is a joke off one of Miku's songs "melody.exe". It's one of the old "version"'s remnants, but I couldn't think of anything to change it to, so I left it as is. I'll try to figure out something better.

The health bar is an imitation of the Project Diva "Song Energy Bar". I'll try to fiddle around with the shape and design of it to make it look better. :3

As for the spinner, I haven't thought of anything yet for it. Any suggestions are welcome for it.

Thanks for the comments so far though everyone. ^w^
kideddie1501
Heres an idea for the spinner, you know how in the Haruhi skin, the spin-o-meter gauge is a Haruhi Silouette? Makybe a Blue Haruhi Silouette would be awsome with the actual spinner itself being like the Re:package CD.
SuzumiyaKyon
Actually, the package CD isn't the best. Maybe the one from unformed?
And the gauge could be a edited form of the COVER of Re:Packaged.

kideddie1501
yes, i rather like the unformed cd.
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
That CD image for "unformed" must be the DVD+CD or the LE one right? *has unformed, but her CD doesn't have that design*

Anyways, I finished vectoring it over and altering it slightly to remove the track list and copyright info for the CD. xD; Also added the selection things (in beatmap selection), as well as fixing the filename for Auto Pilot. I haven't started playing around with the slider ball and health bar yet, so this update is really just additions. Also, CtB is partially skinned. Just missing Ryuuta being changed to Miku now. I don't have screenshots of CtB yet, since it's not finished/I forgot. xD;

Updated Selection screen.

Updated Mods image.

The spinner.
edit: Alignment issues will be fixed before the next update. Dx;

New download link will be in the top post in a few~

Also, on a side note: SuzumiyaKyon, can you change the images to link for me? they stretch the page a lot. (I don't exactly have a huge monitor =3=)
edit: and another side note: I will not be doing hitsounds for this theme. A: Because I suck at audio edited and such, and B: Project Diva's sounds are practically already in there, so there's no point anyways. xD;
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
I fixed the spinner and made the Health Bar better, but I still have to finish fixing up the markers for the bar. Gotta record the "are you ready" line and play around with the ready and go images. Also finished CtB.

So uhm, I'm almost done? Next update will prolly finish off just about everything I planned to skin, unless I'm impatient and update sooner.
Doomlight_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old
nintendoto
-_- Pretty... xD
|
Metruzero
The pointer kinda screws up other songs that have custom skins, the pointer will be outside the curser which throws off a lot. The tip of the leek will show up out side the circle. I have this skin as my default so when i went to this song and started playing, i didn't notice the tip of the leek, but then i noticed that a lot of the notes weren't hitting for some reason. You can see what I'm talking about if you put the skin on and go to a song with it's own custom cursor and put it on autoplay. it's more noticeable there
kideddie1501
Not really skin related but is that gray haired lady with black pants from the spinner gauge a real vocaloid? If so, whats her name?
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old

Metruzero wrote:

The pointer kinda screws up other songs that have custom skins, the pointer will be outside the curser which throws off a lot. The tip of the leek will show up out side the circle. I have this skin as my default so when i went to this song and started playing, i didn't notice the tip of the leek, but then i noticed that a lot of the notes weren't hitting for some reason. You can see what I'm talking about if you put the skin on and go to a song with it's own custom cursor and put it on autoplay. it's more noticeable there
oh, as in the pointer's hot spot is in the top left rather than the center like most cursors figure the hot spot is in the center. I''ll try to get a way to make this work better, though I may have to make a new cursor.

@kideddie1501: The gray haired girl is Yowane haku, a spin off vocaloid based off miku. She personifies a new user of Vocaloid, and has a more robotic and off-key sound.
Derekku
Very nice :)

A couple things I noticed though were:
1) The top left of the leek cursor's glow is cut off. I don't think if this was intentional or not. (probably since you said the hot spot IS the top left to click with)
2) You used the same icon for both Relax and Auto Pilot. Maybe you could make a different one for Relax? :P

Great job either way xD

EDIT:
3) The cursor-follow-point looks kinda weird since it's smaller than the cursor and sticks out o.o;
4) The hitcircles aren't gray-scaled (intentional?) so it makes maps look weird playing with only approach-circle colors ._.;;;;
vytalibus
Topic Starter
Nya-Chan_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Very nice :)

A couple things I noticed though were:
1) The top left of the leek cursor's glow is cut off. I don't think if this was intentional or not. (probably since you said the hot spot IS the top left to click with)
2) You used the same icon for both Relax and Auto Pilot. Maybe you could make a different one for Relax? :P

Great job either way xD

EDIT:
3) The cursor-follow-point looks kinda weird since it's smaller than the cursor and sticks out o.o;
4) The hitcircles aren't gray-scaled (intentional?) so it makes maps look weird playing with only approach-circle colors ._.;;;;
1: I'll probably change the cursor (once I get all this pesky college work out of the way xD), but yeah, I noticed it.
2: Uh, no I didn't. Relax should have Luka on it, while Auto Pilot should have Miku on it. see screenshots towards the top of this page (2, incase this shoots to a page 3). it shows properly on my computer, I'll check the files, but they ARE different.
3: I'll take that into account int making the new cursor. :3
4: Yeah, it was intentional, But I can alter it to have some recolor-able areas to it. it's based off the 'shadow' version of the button symbols that show in Project Diva, which were, of course, all black with an outline. Though I do agree, it's a little weird, I just wasn't really sure if i should change it.

vytalibus wrote:

In addition to what Derekku said, I think the difficulty stars look quite pixellized, especially by its border. Dimension issues, perhaps?
Possibly? Iunno, at 800x600 on my pc they look fine, and the same goes for my screen dimension at full screen, 1366x768. Even making it bigger than my screen should have it at (thus cutting half the screen off), none of the difficulty stars look pixelated... Can you show me a screencap where the look pixelated, because to be honest, I don't see it happening with my settings.
Derekku
Oops, I see the problem now for the mods. You left "selection-mod-autopilot" in the folder :P

Uh, I guess it's your pick on the hit circles. I prefer color, but if Project Diva DID have just black, uhhhhh I dunno x3
vytalibus

Nya-Chan wrote:

vytalibus wrote:

In addition to what Derekku said, I think the difficulty stars look quite pixellized, especially by its border. Dimension issues, perhaps?
Possibly? Iunno, at 800x600 on my pc they look fine, and the same goes for my screen dimension at full screen, 1366x768. Even making it bigger than my screen should have it at (thus cutting half the screen off), none of the difficulty stars look pixelated... Can you show me a screencap where the look pixelated, because to be honest, I don't see it happening with my settings.
Sorry, but I'm only basing this on the screenshot you gave me. I think it has something to do with that godawesomely thin border lines, or some eyefucking on my part.

I do fancy your skin from the screenshots already, so do ignore me if you want.
show more