forum

[Album] Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds / Ultimate

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Roddie wrote:

Just so you know, Vergil's theme is ranked.
Wheee~
Doodley
I'm going to go ahead and claim M.O.D.O.K's theme, you guys took all my mains.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Doodley wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and claim M.O.D.O.K's theme, you guys took all my mains.
Alrighty then, it's claimed.
Zekira
Before I forget again, I'm un-claiming all that I claimed here. No time to map lately :/
Coro
In that case, I'll take Amateratsu's theme from Zek, thx
mancuso_JM_
And my map was submitted http://osu.ppy.sh/s/51828
I'll move to pending when I finish with the Hitsounds in Normal and Easy :)
Doodley
Yo dudes, I'm offering custom combo bursts, pause overlays and pause buttons to anyone that wants them. Check it out:

You can get those buttons here. PM me in-game if you'd like a pause overlay and comboburst for your map. They're pretty easy to make given that I have the resources. I just blur the background and place the combo burst in the overlay. They look pretty sick.

The combo bursts will be official art, obviously.

EDIT: Link is fixed.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Doodley wrote:

Yo dudes, I'm offering custom combo bursts, pause overlays and pause buttons to anyone that wants them. Check it out:

You can get those buttons here. PM me in-game if you'd like a pause overlay and comboburst for your map. They're pretty easy to make given that I have the resources. I just blur the background and place the combo burst in the overlay. They look pretty sick.

It'll be cool if there we're a skin made for this :)
Doodley

Crimmi wrote:

Doodley wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/332423

It'll be cool if there we're a skin made for this :)
Yeah, I was thinking about it. I think I have the abilities. The fonts are available and free as well. I think I'll probably create two: a general Comic Book themed skin and a MvC3 skin, most likely using similar resources. I think a Comic Book themed skin would be pretty sweet.

EDIT:

Okay, they're done. Custom, fully functional HP bar, and score number set stylized like a combo streak! This is all I'm going to skin for right now, 'cause it feels like a HUD.

You can get the number set here, but given the HP bar is personalized towards the specific beatmap, just PM me in-game and I'll make it for you. (Just PM me in-game if you'd like a combo burst and background too, I'll give you everything)

SPOILER
EDIT: Also, a small note you might want to add to the original post: A majority of the themes are from previous video games and therefore are arrangements, as well as having an original title other than "Theme Of [Character]", such as Hsien-Ko's theme which is "Oriental Sisters" by Kow Otani and is from Darkstalkers. Given that these are arrangements, it would be wise to put their original games and original composers in the tags.

However, I believe the proper title of these should indeed be "Theme of [Character]". Just put the original name in tags.

All of Capcom's characters have themes from specific video games, so remember to put that video game in the tags.

Some of them, but not all, are available from this wonderful website. If you'd like, you could probably put all of the information from there in the original post. That would help a ton and really advance the project.

Also, I think I'll claim Hsien-Ko's theme.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Doodley wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking about it. I think I have the abilities. The fonts are available and free as well. I think I'll probably create two: a general Comic Book themed skin and a MvC3 skin, most likely using similar resources. I think a Comic Book themed skin would be pretty sweet.

EDIT:

Okay, they're done. Custom, fully functional HP bar, and score number set stylized like a combo streak! This is all I'm going to skin for right now, 'cause it feels like a HUD.

You can get the number set here, but given the HP bar is personalized towards the specific beatmap, just PM me in-game and I'll make it for you. (Just PM me in-game if you'd like a combo burst and background too, I'll give you everything)

SPOILER
EDIT: Also, a small note you might want to add to the original post: A majority of the themes are from previous video games and therefore are arrangements, as well as having an original title other than "Theme Of [Character]", such as Hsien-Ko's theme which is "Oriental Sisters" by Kow Otani and is from Darkstalkers. Given that these are arrangements, it would be wise to put their original games and original composers in the tags.

However, I believe the proper title of these should indeed be "Theme of [Character]". Just put the original name in tags.

All of Capcom's characters have themes from specific video games, so remember to put that video game in the tags.

Some of them, but not all, are available from this wonderful website. If you'd like, you could probably put all of the information from there in the original post. That would help a ton and really advance the project.

Also, I think I'll claim Hsien-Ko's theme.
This is a great contribution to the project, thanks a lot!!
mancuso_JM_
Remember that I'm going to map Thor's Theme
Topic Starter
Crimmi

mancusojuanmattos wrote:

Remember that I'm going to map Thor's Theme
added.
Doodley
I just had a crazy idea.

And I mean crazy idea.

If we actually get the soundtrack mapped, or at least everyone's themes, I could do a character selection screen.

I know it's a pretty big soundtrack to map, but with the rate Roddie is going, paired with my personalized skin elements for motivation and the fact that I'm actually going to claim and map a ton of themes once I get the current map I have in Pending ranked, it might actually be a reality someday. And it would be the coolest thing ever.

So let's hope that motivates some of us to actually finish such a big soundtrack.
Kei
Aww all the awesome Phoenix Wright themes are already claimed. ;__;
Doodley

Kei wrote:

I know right?

But Roddie's a cool dude so he'll take good care of them.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Kei wrote:

Well i was unclaiming them, but if you want them i can arrange that.
Doodley
Hello again.

Creating this skin and storyboard has been really fun so far.

My M.O.D.O.K. map has a pass/fail storyboard with a fake super meter. It's obscured by the Online Users button, but only when AutoMod is on, of course. After each significant section of a song, the meter builds up one level (switching to the next meter and pulsing once.) At level 5 it has the "MAAAX!!!" which faintly pulse loops repeatedly during Kaia, just like the game. If you're failing, the meter shows level 0 instead.

This storyboard can be used with any beatmap of course, but you'll have to decide what 5-7 (Level 0 through max) sections of the song

At the end of the map presents the "WINNER!!!" screen with a victory quote (all of which shows up just like the game) and the victory quote differs between difficulty. This storyboard, like the rest of the skin, is personalized towards the character, and also has a specific team to go with that character. The beatmapper can decide on what characters are on this team with the character, either in a theme (mine is robotic and robotic-like villains) or perhaps the personal team of the beatmapper.

The "WINNER!!!" and victory quote are separate files from the victory poses, so as to make them more interesting.

This is in a .PSD format with each victory pose in it's own layer, making it easy to set as custom team.

Finally, there's a custom countdown with the same team the beatmapper decides on with the winner screen. This is also in a .PSD format, so it's just as easy.

Up next are custom hitcircles and hitbursts!
Doodley
mancuso_JM_
Just to announce that Captain America's Theme has just been Ranked!!!! :D
Topic Starter
Crimmi

mancusojuanmattos wrote:

Just to announce that Captain America's Theme has just been Ranked!!!! :D
Yay~
TangentThought
Glad to see people enjoying my jukebox site and the game's themes.

Also, if you guys are wondering, I do have stage themes too:
http://charlietang.net/umvc3/stage.php

You'll be interested in the cut Okami stage theme.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

TangentThought wrote:

Thanks for creating the fansite :P

BTW, mind giving a youtube link of that cut Okami Stage?
Pereira006
Hi

I wanna claimed this "Nova's theme" map. :)

also, link nova's theme is long song and repetive don't have cut ? i mean short

and Thank
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Pereira006 wrote:

Hi

I wanna claimed this "Nova's theme" map. :)

also, link nova's theme is long song and repetive don't have cut ? i mean short

and Thank
Changed the link and it's short now.
Doodley

TangentThought wrote:

Huh! Didn't expect to see you here. Your site kicks a whole lot of ass, thanks for creating it.

My M.O.D.O.K. map will drop in the Graveyard soon: I'm going to shelve it for now and come back to it later while I submit a new map. If you'd like to create a guest difficulty for it, though, let me know!
Roddie
Just wanted to announce that Haggar's theme is ranked.
Kei
Hello! I want to claim Dante's Theme ~ Devils Never Cry. I'm already working on it so I'll let u know when the map is submitted.
edit: here's the map link http://osu.ppy.sh/s/58046
mancuso_JM_
Theme of Thor is in Pending!!, here is the Link: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/57998
Also, Theme of Nova it is in Pending (in Bubble Status) by Pereira006 and here the link: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/53682
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Roddie wrote:

Just wanted to announce that Haggar's theme is ranked.
yay~

Kei wrote:

Hello! I want to claim Dante's Theme ~ Devils Never Cry. I'm already working on it so I'll let u know when the map is submitted.
edit: here's the map link http://osu.ppy.sh/s/58046
Alrighty then.

mancusojuanmattos wrote:

Theme of Thor is in Pending!!, here is the Link: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/57998
Also, Theme of Nova it is in Pending (in Bubble Status) by Pereira006 and here the link: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/53682
Will do.
Doodley
I'm currently looking into a way to reduce my skin's HP bar down to the point where it's not larger than the default, as that's not rankable. I had not realized this when I created one for the Haggar map and I apologize! Hahah! It shouldn't be too hard, although I might have to get rid of X-Factor pulsing...

Also, I've still claimed Hsien-Ko's theme.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Doodley wrote:

I'm currently looking into a way to reduce my skin's HP bar down to the point where it's not larger than the default, as that's not rankable. I had not realized this when I created one for the Haggar map and I apologize! Hahah! It shouldn't be too hard, although I might have to get rid of X-Factor pulsing...

Also, I've still claimed Hsien-Ko's theme.
Don't worry it's still there.
mancuso_JM_
Now, I want to claim Hulk's Theme!
Topic Starter
Crimmi

mancusojuanmattos wrote:

Now, I want to claim Hulk's Theme!
Alrighty then, added.
mancuso_JM_
Wii... Theme of Thor is officially Ranked!! :3 http://osu.ppy.sh/s/57998 (And it's officially my 10th Ranked map :D)
Topic Starter
Crimmi

mancusojuanmattos wrote:

Wii... Theme of Thor is officially Ranked!! :3 http://osu.ppy.sh/s/57998 (And it's officially my 10th Ranked map :D)
Congratulations!

And i'm off once again, keep it going!
Pereira006
My map Nova got rank !

Next i will be claim Albert Wesker's Theme ~ Wind of Madness
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Pereira006 wrote:

My map Nova got rank !

Next i will be claim Albert Wesker's Theme ~ Wind of Madness
I will add it.

let's push this till the end guys, keep up the good work.
Birdy
Oh boy, this looks cool. If it's okay, I'd like to claim Frank West's theme~
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Oh boy, this looks cool. If it's okay, I'd like to claim Frank West's theme~
ok then added.
Stefan
Hum.. if you don't mind, I claim Viewtiful Joe's Theme ~ Joe The Hero.
Feel free to deny or to give it someone else, if I am too lazy. orz
show more