forum

[added] Option to save failed replays

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7,392
Topic Starter
Mara
I think the title says it all. At least I didn't find this feature yet, so it could be amazing as well.

The thing is, failed ones don't have a grade, right? Maybe there should be a black X instead of S,A,B,C etc. to tell that the player has failed in that replay.
Luna
Yes please
boat
Saving replays upon failing has been requested before, with the reasoning for it being to see what you did wrong and why you failed. Not sure why it didn't go through.
Nitojgrem
Clearly you mean quite of this t/16900 or? (It is btw. on the first side)
If yes, you can add your extra thoughts (with that black X or so) to it and this is a duplicate then^^
Topic Starter
Mara
I think the whole fail replay feature was made because of those reasons.

My reason is that so I can record my failed (if they are awesome) replays later - and also share replays to my buddies.

Also guys, keep in mind that this fail replay feature just came.
Valentiino

Nitojgrem wrote:

Clearly you mean quite of this t/16900 or? (It is btw. on the first side)
If yes, you can add your extra thoughts (with that black X or so) to it and this is a duplicate then^^
It's not quite the same. Coz the option to watch your replays on fail has been added on the latest release of osu!, now we want to save those replays
Topic Starter
Mara

Valentiino wrote:

the option to watch your replays on fail has been added on the latest release of osu!
Yup, it's 5/5.
boat
Oh, I had no clue that it went through.

Well nevermind, +support but no votes because I don't find all that much use for it.
Nitojgrem
oh well, okay then... I just thought the same as boat and do the same as he did :3
Great idea, so support but no star^^
Sakura

LunaticMara wrote:

The thing is, failed ones don't have a grade, right? Maybe there should be a black X instead of S,A,B,C etc. to tell that the player has failed in that replay.
Probably a Dark Grayish F would be better imo.
Topic Starter
Mara
That works too.

See me after class.
Kurokami
Support this.
Today I played an impossible diff and almost passed it. I rewatched the replay and did a screenshot then share it, but this is annoying.
YodaSnipe
Brilliant for those moments I SSHD gold dust and then derp the ending.
Tsukasa
Plus there are SOME interesting failed games sometimes.

Like failing on the last note, Failing on an SS run by derping cursor, Failing on ALMOST FC'ing something hard etc etc
theowest
osu! is getting closer and closer to removing the HP bar all together.

taiko
Tanomoshii Nekojou
SUPPORT.
she_old
Support!
theowest
it's getting closer to an osu! without failing.
ShadowzI_old
Basically, we need to allow more replays...
FREAK YES!

I sometimes like to watch where I fail not immediately but maybe a week later when I want to challenge the map again.
Mira-san
bump

i need this.
OsuMe65
it's a bit funny to save my failed replays... but i like it to show my noob skills =w=b
Renske_old
I'd like this aswell, had quite some 'good' plays with a fail at the end
Nyxa
Bumping because this is a great idea. Touhou allows you to save a replay regardless of whether you failed or passed, so it's not like it's all that weird to see this in games. I have lots of good plays that end in a fail, and failplays have something to them. If you SS a really hard map up to the end but miss the last 10 notes and fail, it's nice to be able to show your friends so they can at least see your almost accomplished achievement.

Also, since osu already has a feature to watch a failed play, that already proves that the game supports fail replays. If it's the grade you're worried about - no pass = no grade. The play would simply have no grade sprite beside the score.

Hope this adds to the discussion, I'd give stars but I already gave all to the "implement a pp scoreboard" request. I support this, though.
GhostFrog
Would like this a lot. Would prefer not to have failed replays save automatically regardless of whether or not other replays are saved automatically (or have it be a toggle to get the best of both worlds, but I can't imagine many people wanting to automatically save all their fails).

Right now, you can save failed replays in multi as long as you're passing at the end of the map (when you reach the point in the play at which you failed, you fail and the replay ends) and I do occasionally make use of that when I play multi. I guess it would be more difficult to implement for singleplayer because you don't have replay data for the part of the map that occurs after the fail, but it can just be filled in with anything since the replay ends at the point of fail anyway. Or maybe that's not even necessary if there's some way to set a failed flag in replay data that prevents it from needing to play through to the end (I've heard good things about an in-progress overhaul of the replay system that will allow for things like pausing and rewinding and that seems like it would make this even more feasible).

As for the letter grade, I'm a fan of F. It fits in better with the SS-S-A-B-C-D system than X does and it's just personal preference to have some grade listed for it instead of leaving the grade blank.
Nyxa
X is already the grade for SS so that wouldn't work anyway. Yeah, I support F.
NeVMiku
Instead of a letter, why not go for a more visual style? For example, the whole panel displaying the score will be black and white.
Hexas
Support, this would make my progress tracking process alot easier.
Froic
PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN! will help greatly in identifying our mistakes during our game plays.
Gumpy
It would become a hall of shame for me.
Karuta-_old_1
shoot I just threw my stars in the wrong thread
show more