forum

pix_ a simple readable skin

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xakyrie
what a beautiful skin! yet another talented Canadian graphic artist.

yeah what people are saying is correct. I remember reading it in his signature that he allows anyone to use his skin components and such as long as there is credit given, which is.

do you think it's possible to make the slider body transparent? I think it would look amazing with this skin.

Mismagius
Amazing. Using this as my new skin.
Verdisphena
Really good job sir
Topic Starter
natyusha
Thanks for the feedback, and for those who are wondering Xiao's signature specifically says not to contact him about using skin elements.

Xiao wrote:

Yes, I use a custom skin. Yes, you can use my skins and skin elements for your maps. Stop asking me.

Xakyrie wrote:

do you think it's possible to make the slider body transparent? I think it would look amazing with this skin.
From what I understand you cannot skin the slider body but you can switch between 3 different styles using the .ini file for the skin. Somebody more experienced with making osu! skins may be able to shed some light on how skinning it would work.
MLGnom
Add to skin.ini in [General] for transparent slider.
SliderStyle : 2
I understand making skin, but come on, let's make something more original than recreating already existed skin (because it's freaking similar to Xiao's Nexus skin).

Still I don't get this, why people are making ALL parts so minimalistic. Yes, gameplay parts should help people with visibly, but ranking or menu? What? It affects your performance? D:

Xiao wrote:

Yes, I use a custom skin. Yes, you can use my skins and skin elements for your maps. Stop asking me.
I don't see anything about using in your skins. :P As far as I know you still should be able to use his elements ^^'
Topic Starter
natyusha
I will address your second point by saying that some people enjoy a more minimalist approach to the look of things. I happen to be one of those people and as stated in the op I created this skin to match my visual style. In order to grant some substance to that statement I will simply link a picture of my desktop from a couple of weeks ago.

So far I'm thinking that a good solution for people who say that this skin is too similar to Nexus would be to redo the mod icons (text only perhaps?) and the spinner circle while removing the text that says performance graph from the score screen.
Schivardi
I love it, just didn't like the hitbursts.
Topic Starter
natyusha

Schivardi wrote:

Thanks for mentioning the hitbursts I completely forgot that they existed and need to work on making some new ones. I'll also have to edit the op to say that they are almost the exact same as nexus's hitbursts.
boat
That spinner is bloated beyond recognition.
Schivardi

masood wrote:

Schivardi wrote:

Thanks for mentioning the hitbursts I completely forgot that they existed and need to work on making some new ones. I'll also have to edit the op to say that they are almost the exact same as nexus's hitbursts.
I suggest you to make it with visitor TT2 BRK, would be great ;)
On photoshop some shade and 1 px stroke would be fine I think
btw the cursor trail is not pretty when doing spinners
Topic Starter
natyusha

Schivardi wrote:

I suggest you to make it with visitor TT2 BRK, would be great ;)
On photoshop some shade and 1 px stroke would be fine I think
btw the cursor trail is not pretty when doing spinners
woops I thought you were talking about lighting.png before

2 days with no sleep.. bad idea
Schivardi
Uh yes, lightning is bad too, but I disabled it anyway, so didn't see :)
Xakyrie

masood wrote:

2 days with no sleep.. bad idea
if you say it's because you've been working on this skin, I would be deeply saddened.

get some sleep now, won't you? :<
Topic Starter
natyusha
hah far to much Diablo 3

Oh, I uploaded a new version with several very small changes.
Papi Bear
I like it! :D
WASSHOI
Are these your original characters?

Edit: Nevermind, I google imaged your desktop to get to your deviantart to IQDB the character. Never seen her before, love her design though.
Xiao_old
I do in fact allow people to use my work, preferably if it's credited; though I can't really be too much of a stickler about that since I can't keep tabs on everybody who uses my stuff.

This is nice. Not sure I dig the shade of pink (since you used it for everything, it's a bit much for me—and pink is my favourite colour!) but it does its job well. You should look into making more original skins.
Layne_old_1

Xiao wrote:

I do in fact allow people to use my work, preferably if it's credited; though I can't really be too much of a stickler about that since I can't keep tabs on everybody who uses my stuff.

This is nice. Not sure I dig the shade of pink (since you used it for everything, it's a bit much for me—and pink is my favourite colour!) but it does its job well. You should look into making more original skins.
~
zertap
this is really nice :D Only thing you should look at is the multiplayer team vs mode score page! It is a bit off everywhere,i post o screenshot if i happen to be playing it again
Topic Starter
natyusha
sorry but I most likely won't be fixing that since it would require the score screen to have a different layout
zertap

masood wrote:

sorry but I most likely won't be fixing that since it would require the score screen to have a different layout
meh, figured that :/ Not a big problem anyways, who plays team vs? ;D
TroCha
nice skin o.o
WASSHOI

Layne wrote:

Xiao wrote:

eaguru so hot
Eggie is yummy
Xakyrie

Zertap wrote:

masood wrote:

meh, figured that :/ Not a big problem anyways, who plays team vs? ;D
o.o/

we should just get a bunch of people together for a few games sometime ^~^
zertap

Xakyrie wrote:

o.o/

we should just get a bunch of people together for a few games sometime ^~^
Hmm, yeah, sounds good! Though I wonder if someone actually will show the interest to arrange this ;D
Xakyrie

Zertap wrote:

Hmm, yeah, sounds good! Though I wonder if someone actually will show the interest to arrange this ;D
*adds people to contact them for further notice* o.o;

anyways...masood, have any plans for a future skin? seems like you could do this community some good with your talent o;
zertap
I would like a blue variant, too lazy to recolor myself, and you would make better job anyways :D (like everything purple to blue and the blue to something else)
Topic Starter
natyusha
I don't really have any plans for any other skins or anything but that is always a possibility.

oh and about a recolour just post the two colours you want and if I think it looks decent I'll get around to changing everything.
zertap

masood wrote:

I don't really have any plans for any other skins or anything but that is always a possibility.

oh and about a recolour just post the two colours you want and if I think it looks decent I'll get around to changing everything.
whoops, sorry, somehow missed that you had replied :O

But yeah, I was thinking, and thought that the purple to blue and blue to red. Feel free to use whatever accent of blue/red to make it look good.
I made an example, but these hues are just something I threw in fast, and I don't exactly like them :/

OsuMe65
nice pix_

i guess it is near Nexus but i knew it already long time [Xiao's siggy]

pretty neat... so far
[i haven't tested it yet]
;)
Allyses
Great skin!
Topic Starter
natyusha
here is a version of the skin with the primary colour as blue and the pink colour slightly tweaked

http://puu.sh/Hkp3

oh, if anybody has any suggestions for good hitsounds to replace whistles i'm looking for some input in that regard.
zertap

masood wrote:

here is a version of the skin with the primary colour as blue and the pink colour slightly tweaked

oh, if anybody has any suggestions for good hitsounds to replace whistles i'm looking for some input in that regard.
hitsounds? I use what lewa uses... sec, i'll find them, lewa doesnt have the link in his sig anymore
Okay here http://puu.sh/GI1z
Also thanks for the recolor :)
OsuMe65

masood wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh, if anybody has any suggestions for good hitsounds to replace whistles i'm looking for some input in that regard
well...
whistles are no bad if you hate it then go change it
but you can try something else
you can do it, masood~!
:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCORE: PENDING
smoogipoo
I love this skin~ :3
ts8zs
looks nice=w=copied
Topic Starter
natyusha

OsuMe65 wrote:

whistles are no bad if you hate it then go change it
I decided to just leave the sounds as is.
_Enki
nice job/.
Kousagi_Fushigi
The ranking panel is so great ^^
I love spinner :D
quit-osu
Downloading!
show more