5.draw an anime
6.collecting dvd's and stickers
7. playing anime games

hahahaha!!!
woogh,, really an otaku :O
The Ribbon Red

Net-Nue wrote:

woogh,, really an otaku :O
That depends on what he/she watch or read.

I disapprove mainstreamers-only as Otaku.
Sena Aizawa

animez15 wrote:

1.watching anime
2.reading manga
3. buying anime stuffs
4. paint an anime
5.draw an anime
6.collecting dvd's and stickers
7. playing anime games

hahahaha!!!
Shirotaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

well awesome childhood is still awesome
I'm beginning to wonder when are the anime started streaming on our country? And which one is first?
Well i guess it started cus we have a good relationship with Japan cus we were once colonised by them adn they sold us the copyright :D
Marifune-kun
since i know manga other than naruto one piece and bleach
The Ribbon Red

Shirotaku wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder when are the anime started streaming on our country? And which one is first?
Well i guess it started cus we have a good relationship with Japan cus we were once colonised by them and they sold us the copyright :D
Did they?

That's very kind of them. But I'm still wondering which one came here first.

Marifune-kun wrote:

since i know manga other than naruto, one piece and bleach
If you do, then don't mention them.
Shirotaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Did they?

That's very kind of them. But I'm still wondering which one came here first.
Probably somethinbg like Sailor Moon or Doraemon maybe ? the really old ones X3
The Ribbon Red

Shirotaku wrote:

Perhaps.

Sailor Moon has a big influence on most region back then. Though I've never heard of it's influence here back then. The only magical girl influence back then (that I have heard of) is Cardcaptor Sakura.

Doraemon is something I have to agree to. Obviously...
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Marifune-kun wrote:

since i know manga other than naruto, one piece and bleach
If you do, then don't mention them.
Agree for Narutards and One Piece, but hey, Bleach is good (the manga).
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

True. The words "Bleach" and "manga" has to be tied together to avoid censoring. And NEVER, EVER combine the word "Bleach" and "anime".
Shirotaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

Perhaps.

Sailor Moon has a big influence on most region back then. Though I've never heard of it's influence here back then. The only magical girl influence back then (that I have heard of) is Cardcaptor Sakura.

Doraemon is something I have to agree to. Obviously...

DORAEMON FTW, after i learned how to read that's the first thing i read, heck even without knowing how to read i still look at the pictures at the manga :D
Elfuun_old
Nothing, I am not an otaku.

I am a gamer, though.
Kanye West
I became an otaku because...wait nevermind lol
Restless Spirit
I consider myself not to be an otaku. But even though I think I still can post here due to the fact I share some things with the part of the community who is considering themselves otaku.

So, to make a long story short for all of you who do not like to read such a wall of text:
In my childhood I used to watch anime and play games. Then, a few years after my interest in anime faded and my interest in games became stronger. After that, again a few years, I decided I really hated anime stuff. Again a few years later I developed acceptance to it again, then I was recommended to watch Hellsing Ultimate and then I ended up by watching dozens of anime. Or, merely, have to watch dozens of them. If you want to read the whole story, here you go:

What to begin with? Hmm... back in my childhood it was. I was really little, maybe aged five or six. I think this is where it started. As most kids did I watched TV at home or played on my old PlayStation one (which I still have). Rarely I read books or such. And through the TV I got introduced to a special kind of series on TV. I didn't know how it was called but now I know it's called "Anime". Well, I enjoyed to watch that stuff. I begun with Pokémon, Dragonball (and Dragonball Z of course) as well as Digimon. Not to forget Sailor Moon (of which I still think it's a good one... the good old times back then...). I even remember to have seen a teenage mutant ninja turtles like type... but this doesn't really matter does it? So this are the anime I saw first. As I grew older my interests became a bit different.

But still, I watched some of those anime back then. One day, on MTV if I remember correctly, I saw the preview of an anime called "Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex". As I live in germany it wasn't japanese with english subs (like I do watch currently as I mentioned yesterday), it was german dubbed (like any other anime here is on TV). I always had to fool my parents to watch that anime because when it was on TV it usually was sleeping time for me. But even though it was, I watched it. I have to admit that I understood the least out of it. The story and all. For a reason I cannot really remember I quit watching anime but still kept on liking the stuff and I kept on gaming.

As the months and years passed by I developed more interest in gaming rather than watching anime. To be honest I developed an "anti-interest" to everything which could be related to anime stuff like the style of drawings, the voices and the series, movies and such. I really started to dislike this. But still I don't know why I did so. That's what I consider as weird. Anyway, I kept on gaming and as some people refer people to be otaku if they have a certain interest into something (like gaming) and do this not only from time to time but more excessively (like I did). Some people may call me an otaku even if I quit watching japanese relatied things. I still do not consider myself being an otaku either.

The years passed by and I went to another school where I met some boy who actually was watching anime (Naruto Shipuuden. I know, it's a shame but don't harass me, I never liked that one, dunno why) and who read manga (Hunter x Hunter if my memories are correct). Well, he and I got to know each other better and watched a bit at his home. But as I mentioned before, I never liked Naruto Shipuuden and so my... I call it "hate"... for anime developed even more. I bet you guys can understand that. But I felt myself having some kind of weak affinity to this style of drawing again. Again, I dunno why. To tell the truth I never did really pay attention to it. This feeling.

Now those years have passed. It's just one or two years ago where I said "I don't like anime stuff" the last time. Then there was a brief time where it was of totally zero interest whether it exists or not. And then there was a guy, a friend of mine, who told me about osu!. At first I really didn't want to hear about that kind of thing. The game didn't really look fun to me and since I saw those anime-like figures everywhere my interest faded even more. But then the media... sort of "interfered" with that. I got to know this leekspin. I bet you all know that. Hm. It's more of interest who doesn't know it. It's the most popular looped video I know. Anyhow, this was the point where my mind changed. It changed a step back to the old days where I was watching Sailor Moon, Dragonball and stuff. This was before I met that osu!guy, if i remember correctly. I even watched Yu-Gi-Oh!. But not really seriously and only a few episodes since I descovered myself to dislike it.

After this leekspin video, with the influence from the friend from school I told you before, I finally got my acceptance for those kind of things back. Oh and I liked the music too (I still like it). In a german forum they always talk about anime and manga and I read something of the posts they made. Those people there know me quite better than some people in reallife do and so one was asking "Hey, you are that gorefreak aren't you? When does the new Hellsing OVA come out?" and I didn't even knew there was an anime called "Hellsing" neither did I knew it had an "OVA" or what this even was. So I developed interest in that and asked my way through the people and ended up by watching Hellsing Ultimate. And then, two years past this...

My other friend told me about him playing osu! every once in a while. In this time I developed more interest to the way of drawing things anime-style (and I did some works myself. Pretty awful back then and still I'm working on my skills). Then, I downloaded a mod for a game which had an armor involved which referred to be used in a manga called "Whately Academy". Somebody told me about it. I still should have the bookmark. I never read it but I thought keeping this in mind couldn't be too bad. And one day, my friend asked me if I would play some osu! with him. I had nothing better to do and since it was free to play I thought I should give it a try. So I agreed.

Then he and I were talking about the music and about anime. I started to get the feeling I should restart watching anime. I didn't do that for a really long time. But I never did it. I had to play osu!, Skyrim and other games. It took a long time I finally decided to watch an anime. The first one I watched in this "new era" of watching things like this was Lucky Star. I watched it and played some games still. So it took some time til I started watching Elfen Lied which I recently finished watching. And now I am watching Ghost In The Shell again. I have to smile everytime when I think about it. Back then, I watched Ghost In The Shell without my parents knowing because they'd probably forbidden me to watch TV. I didn't understand anything regarding the story but I thought it was awesome to watch. And now I recently decided that I just HAVE to rewatch it since now I'm capable of understanding things I didn't back then.

Excuse me If my english wasn't 100% correct. If there's something horrbily wrong, tell me. I sure will learn from it :)
RBRat3
Miku's hairy snatch... That is all.
Accelerator-kun

Powersocke wrote:

SPOILER
I consider myself not to be an otaku. But even though I think I still can post here due to the fact I share some things with the part of the community who is considering themselves otaku.

So, to make a long story short for all of you who do not like to read such a wall of text:
In my childhood I used to watch anime and play games. Then, a few years after my interest in anime faded and my interest in games became stronger. After that, again a few years, I decided I really hated anime stuff. Again a few years later I developed acceptance to it again, then I was recommended to watch Hellsing Ultimate and then I ended up by watching dozens of anime. Or, merely, have to watch dozens of them. If you want to read the whole story, here you go:

What to begin with? Hmm... back in my childhood it was. I was really little, maybe aged five or six. I think this is where it started. As most kids did I watched TV at home or played on my old PlayStation one (which I still have). Rarely I read books or such. And through the TV I got introduced to a special kind of series on TV. I didn't know how it was called but now I know it's called "Anime". Well, I enjoyed to watch that stuff. I begun with Pokémon, Dragonball (and Dragonball Z of course) as well as Digimon. Not to forget Sailor Moon (of which I still think it's a good one... the good old times back then...). I even remember to have seen a teenage mutant ninja turtles like type... but this doesn't really matter does it? So this are the anime I saw first. As I grew older my interests became a bit different.

But still, I watched some of those anime back then. One day, on MTV if I remember correctly, I saw the preview of an anime called "Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex". As I live in germany it wasn't japanese with english subs (like I do watch currently as I mentioned yesterday), it was german dubbed (like any other anime here is on TV). I always had to fool my parents to watch that anime because when it was on TV it usually was sleeping time for me. But even though it was, I watched it. I have to admit that I understood the least out of it. The story and all. For a reason I cannot really remember I quit watching anime but still kept on liking the stuff and I kept on gaming.

As the months and years passed by I developed more interest in gaming rather than watching anime. To be honest I developed an "anti-interest" to everything which could be related to anime stuff like the style of drawings, the voices and the series, movies and such. I really started to dislike this. But still I don't know why I did so. That's what I consider as weird. Anyway, I kept on gaming and as some people refer people to be otaku if they have a certain interest into something (like gaming) and do this not only from time to time but more excessively (like I did). Some people may call me an otaku even if I quit watching japanese relatied things. I still do not consider myself being an otaku either.

The years passed by and I went to another school where I met some boy who actually was watching anime (Naruto Shipuuden. I know, it's a shame but don't harass me, I never liked that one, dunno why) and who read manga (Hunter x Hunter if my memories are correct). Well, he and I got to know each other better and watched a bit at his home. But as I mentioned before, I never liked Naruto Shipuuden and so my... I call it "hate"... for anime developed even more. I bet you guys can understand that. But I felt myself having some kind of weak affinity to this style of drawing again. Again, I dunno why. To tell the truth I never did really pay attention to it. This feeling.

Now those years have passed. It's just one or two years ago where I said "I don't like anime stuff" the last time. Then there was a brief time where it was of totally zero interest whether it exists or not. And then there was a guy, a friend of mine, who told me about osu!. At first I really didn't want to hear about that kind of thing. The game didn't really look fun to me and since I saw those anime-like figures everywhere my interest faded even more. But then the media... sort of "interfered" with that. I got to know this leekspin. I bet you all know that. Hm. It's more of interest who doesn't know it. It's the most popular looped video I know. Anyhow, this was the point where my mind changed. It changed a step back to the old days where I was watching Sailor Moon, Dragonball and stuff. This was before I met that osu!guy, if i remember correctly. I even watched Yu-Gi-Oh!. But not really seriously and only a few episodes since I descovered myself to dislike it.

After this leekspin video, with the influence from the friend from school I told you before, I finally got my acceptance for those kind of things back. Oh and I liked the music too (I still like it). In a german forum they always talk about anime and manga and I read something of the posts they made. Those people there know me quite better than some people in reallife do and so one was asking "Hey, you are that gorefreak aren't you? When does the new Hellsing OVA come out?" and I didn't even knew there was an anime called "Hellsing" neither did I knew it had an "OVA" or what this even was. So I developed interest in that and asked my way through the people and ended up by watching Hellsing Ultimate. And then, two years past this...

My other friend told me about him playing osu! every once in a while. In this time I developed more interest to the way of drawing things anime-style (and I did some works myself. Pretty awful back then and still I'm working on my skills). Then, I downloaded a mod for a game which had an armor involved which referred to be used in a manga called "Whately Academy". Somebody told me about it. I still should have the bookmark. I never read it but I thought keeping this in mind couldn't be too bad. And one day, my friend asked me if I would play some osu! with him. I had nothing better to do and since it was free to play I thought I should give it a try. So I agreed.

Then he and I were talking about the music and about anime. I started to get the feeling I should restart watching anime. I didn't do that for a really long time. But I never did it. I had to play osu!, Skyrim and other games. It took a long time I finally decided to watch an anime. The first one I watched in this "new era" of watching things like this was Lucky Star. I watched it and played some games still. So it took some time til I started watching Elfen Lied which I recently finished watching. And now I am watching Ghost In The Shell again. I have to smile everytime when I think about it. Back then, I watched Ghost In The Shell without my parents knowing because they'd probably forbidden me to watch TV. I didn't understand anything regarding the story but I thought it was awesome to watch. And know I recently decided that I just HAVE to rewatch it since know I'm capable of understanding things I didn't back then.

Excuse me If my english wasn't 100% correct. If there's something horrbily wrong, tell me. I sure will learn from it :)
First, I've read all, now can I have my coockies?
Then, I understand you because we are similar. I am a gamer too (PC gamer and xbox360 gamer for the most, but I still have ALL console from the N64 except the 3DS and the PSVITA), and my story is very similar to yours. You haven't mentioned manga, so I think you don't read them.
Anyway, starting the "new era" with Elfen Lied is a beautiful beginning. And your hate for Naruto is beautiful too. And your english is good.
:)
Restless Spirit

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Then, I understand you because we are similar. I am a gamer too (PC gamer and xbox360 gamer for the most, but I still have ALL console from the N64 except the 3DS and the PSVITA), and my story is very similar to yours. You haven't mentioned manga, so I think you don't read them.
Anyway, starting the "new era" with Elfen Lied is a beautiful beginning. And your hate for Naruto is beautiful too. And your english is good.
You just achieved cookies.

So yeah, you're right, I don't read manga. I can't help it, I don't like to read that much. Ironically I'm reading subtitles *laughs*.
I'm glad to see there are people who understand me. And who really take some time to read such a wall of text. You have just been honored, good sir.
Hm. Even my english might be good i discovered two horrible typos at the end *corrects typos*. It's like a little virus isn't it?
Accelerator-kun

Powersocke wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

You just achieved cookies.

So yeah, you're right, I don't read manga. I can't help it, I don't like to read that much. Ironically I'm reading subtitles *laughs*.
I'm glad to see there are people who understand me. And who really take some time to read such a wall of text. You have just been honored, good sir.
Hm. Even my english might be good i discovered two horrible typos at the end *corrects typos*. It's like a little virus isn't it?
Well, if I've succesfully understood what you have tried to say, I think that those typos weren't that horrible :P
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

SPOILER

Then he and I were talking about the music and about anime. I started to get the feeling I should restart watching anime. I didn't do that for a really long time. But I never did it. I had to play osu!, Skyrim and other games. It took a long time I finally decided to watch an anime. The first one I watched in this "new era" of watching things like this was Lucky Star. I watched it and played some games still. So it took some time til I started watching Elfen Lied which I recently finished watching. And now I am watching Ghost In The Shell again. I have to smile everytime when I think about it. Back then, I watched Ghost In The Shell without my parents knowing because they'd probably forbidden me to watch TV. I didn't understand anything regarding the story but I thought it was awesome to watch. And now I recently decided that I just HAVE to rewatch it since now I'm capable of understanding things I didn't back then.

DAFUQ DID I JUST READ?

Oh no, my phone! It can't handle the words!!!
Restless Spirit
You read the entire story, my good sir. And why the heck are you doing this to your phone? Shame on you! Come here, little phone, I'll take care of you. He won't hurt you again *pat pat*
Accelerator-kun

Powersocke wrote:

You read the entire story, my good sir. And why the heck are you doing this to your phone? Shame on you! Come here, little phone, I'll take care of you. He won't hurt you again *pat pat*
This is clearly an otaku line! You are making progress!
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Shouldn't have read this on the road... :(

Though I must say meeting one of your kind (who clearly states everything, at once) is rare around here. Thinking of becoming a writer?
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shouldn't have read this on the road... :(

Though I must say meeting one of your kind (who clearly states everything, at once) is rare around here. Thinking of becoming a writer?
Well, keep your phone safe. Who knows...

So, I wandered through various forums and it seems in the whole net are only some people who write like I do. One of this kind is rare, everywhere on the net. Except forums which are made for writing. And you're not the only one who said that "writer-thing". But I must say, to write a little story down, whether if it's reality or fiction, is much easier than writing a whole book. So no, I don't think I'm going to be a writer. To write a whole book would just be too much. When I'm in the mood of stating everything clearly, I'll do it. When I'm not in the mood to do so I usually don't post anything 'til I feel like posting.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Well, keep your phone safe. Who knows...

So, I wandered through various forums and it seems in the whole net are only some people who write like I do. One of this kind is rare, everywhere on the net. Except forums which are made for writing. And you're not the only one who said that "writer-thing". But I must say, to write a little story down, whether if it's reality or fiction, is much easier than writing a whole book. So no, I don't think I'm going to be a writer. To write a whole book would just be too much. When I'm in the mood of stating everything clearly, I'll do it. When I'm not in the mood to do so I usually don't post anything 'til I feel like posting.
Well, writers doesn't always have to write books (even though they are synonymous due to common logic). You could be a scriptwriter that writes stories for play or sort (even anime, but new ones doesn't get much chance to get it work). Or maybe write a good story and become a Producer (though obviously you need a good economical back-up to your story).

And yes, I'm still on my phone.
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Well, writers doesn't always have to write books (even though they are synonymous due to common logic). You could be a scriptwriter that writes stories for play or sort (even anime, but new ones doesn't get much chance to get it work). Or maybe write a good story and become a Producer (though obviously you need a good economical back-up to your story).

And yes, I'm still on my phone.
Yeah, I guess you're right. But still I won't think I'll be a writer in the future. Maybe I'll write some things here and there like I do when I make another Skyrim character or such. I used to write some forum RPG but this is almost 2 years ago. I quit writing RPG because I lost interest all of a sudden. Now I'm writing down my opinions and statements to various topics here on the net. And those opinions are often written in a huge form to fully write everything down what's on my mind on that topic. In my opinion it's necessary to do so.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Yeah, I guess you're right. But still I won't think I'll be a writer in the future. Maybe I'll write some things here and there like I do when I make another Skyrim character or such. I used to write some forum RPG but this is almost 2 years ago. I quit writing RPG because I lost interest all of a sudden. Now I'm writing down my opinions and statements to various topics here on the net. And those opinions are often written in a huge form to fully write everything down what's on my mind on that topic. In my opinion it's necessary to do so.
Well, your "opinion" is the writers' ideal life.

But writers doesn't always write, you know? Some of them has long-term writer's block/hiatus in order to create a better (or at least decent) story. Not only that, most writers does that as a very advantageous and opportunitive side-job. If your story gets a hit, you'll probably hit a lot of bucks instantly (though this is rare and upmost difficult).
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Well, your "opinion" is the writers' ideal life.

But writers doesn't always write, you know? Some of them has long-term writer's block/hiatus in order to create a better (or at least decent) story. Not only that, most writers does that as a very advantageous and opportunitive side-job. If your story gets a hit, you'll probably hit a lot of bucks instantly (though this is rare and upmost difficult).
Hm. Maybe you're right. But I think you know what I'm going to say. I wirte just what's on my mind when I think it's necessary. That's all and I think I better leave it that way since i have other interests. But look what we did to the topic! ;3;
Let's go back to the original topic, please, we're so OT it's not even funny anymore <.<
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Hm. Maybe you're right. But I think you know what I'm going to say. I wirte just what's on my mind when I think it's necessary. That's all and I think I better leave it that way since i have other interests. But look what we did to the topic! ;3;
Let's go back to the original topic, please, we're so OT it's not even funny anymore <.<
Is it supposed to be funny? Don't think so.

But I suppose I should follow your words. This OT is giving my phone a terrible loading-refreshing rates.
Marifune-kun
well, bleach is a good manga. but after aizen dies, its kinda boring
Tsukimi Luna

Powersocke wrote:

i was too lazy to read the above ^ lol
The Ribbon Red

Marifune-kun wrote:

well, bleach is a good manga. but after aizen dies, its kinda boring
True.

Yuu-Chii wrote:

I was too lazy to read the above ^ lol
Don't have to.
Djnekko
ok I dont consider myself an otaku but people tell me i have otaku like qualities but what does it really mean to be an otaku? :)
The Ribbon Red

Djnekko wrote:

ok I dont consider myself an otaku but people tell me i have otaku like qualities but what does it really mean to be an otaku? :)
Read page 1-9
Djnekko

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Djnekko wrote:

Read page 1-9
tldr. .-. but even if i know alot about different animes still doesnt make a person a otaku but more of a person who likes anime?
The Ribbon Red

Djnekko wrote:

but even if i know alot about different animes still doesnt make a person a otaku but more of a person who likes anime?
You still don't get it, do you? (No hard feelings)

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Read page 1-9
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Read page 1-9
He also could read my "Otaku - what is this i don't even" thread and join the discussion.
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

He also could read my "Otaku - what is this i don't even" thread and join the discussion.
True.

There are some fine explanation of "Otaku" that you'll find there. XD
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

True.

That's some fine explanation of "Otaku" that you'll find there. XD
Sure, you have even a choice which explanation suits you the most :P
The Ribbon Red

Powersocke wrote:

Sure, you have even a choice which explanation suits you the most :P
Let's stop promoting other thread, shall we?

What caused me to become an Otaku? Anime.
Restless Spirit

The Ribbon Red wrote:

What caused me to become an Otaku? Anime.
Anything special about it?

So basically I could've written "Anime" as a reason too. Because, in short, this is what caused a part of me to become that what it is today.
show more