forum

A #sports channel [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Liiraye
... is very much needed. A valid reason would be that during this euro cup going on at the moment, there hasn't really been a place for us who enjoy sports to gather and discuss. This ends up with us usually filling up #videogames which might be bothering those who wants to discuss games etc...

So, to avoid being off topic in #channels and bumping into people who upright despise everything that has to do with sports in general, making a #sports channel to chill at would be a perfect solution.

Thoughts? I see no cons here. Only a win-win situation for everybody.
Marcin
Well, what after EURO2012?
Topic Starter
Liiraye
It's not like all great games stop after the cup. As I mentioned, the genre of discussion is extremely wide and apparently people take interest in such events.

If we keep it simple, A LOT of people spam #videogames discussion sports when there's a good game or in this case, the euro cup. So why not just make a sports channel so that those who enjoy it have a place to actually meet up and chat? It's not a lifechanging request, but it would certainly help in cleaning up the channels from off topic spam.

Pros:
Takes a second to make
Keeps the chats in order
Gives people a chance to meet up and discuss something they like which currently does not exist.

cons:
Well, the demand is there so I can't really see anything else to put here.
maal
fuck you all support +1
Ephemeral
We will not be adding additional channels for quite some time. As it stands, there are at least nine language channels pending addition, and if they are unable to garner the community sizes required for channel addition, I sincerely doubt that another hobby based channel will even come close.
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Alright then, I guess we'll continue spamming #videogames as we currently are...
Azure_Kite
If you're having a conversation between multiple people, you could always make a multiplayer room?
theowest

Azure_Kite wrote:

If you're having a conversation between multiple people, you could always make a multiplayer room?
lol, these discussions can be far beyond 8 users.
DerekMcD
I wonder if we get the Sports subforum. t/84441
Mismagius
also, anything outside channels in osu! (like a Skype conf) would keep other people from joining, making it some kind of "closed" conversation.

Also, I don't agree with spamming #videogames like we are doing it now. And keeping a conversation in #osu is ridiculously impossible.
Soaprman
I think I speak for the whole of #videogames when I say we'd rather have you guys than the #ctb crowd. o-o

I guess the reasons they don't just up and add channels whenever someone asks are the desire to keep all channels moderated and also maybe limited space on the osu! client's join channel screen? Can't speak for anyone else, but to me it's not a big deal if you guys use #videogames for sports talk since the channel is usually dead anyway. You're just giving life to a channel that already exists, even if it's off-topic... we could always ask you guys to cut it out if we wanted to talk video games. :P