forum

B or lower rank: Just a fancy way to say "Song Failed"?

posted
Total Posts
show more
silklash
I generally dislike getting anything less than S
I will pass with A if I enjoy the song and map enough to replay it several times
so.. yeah I guess B = fail for me
silmarilen

Cho wrote:

So the thread seems to be split into people who actually play difficult maps well and those who never go above hard / easy insanes.

Frankly I'd be ecstatic if I C/D ranked [Four Dimensions] but you know, you stick to your [hard] diffs if you consider <B a fail.
i dont get it, are you saying people who dont want to get B's dont play harder insanes?
Frizz
I believe I "failed" this map
Minty Gum
Well, I'd rather play a map that's a bit hard for me and get a C or B than play a map that's too easy for me and get an A/S/SS. I find maps that are challenging for me a lot more entertaining than easy maps where I'm half asleep while playing. It's also nice to start out with a C on a difficult map and come back a month later and improve it to a B, then an A, etc.
Cho_old

silmarilen wrote:

Cho wrote:

So the thread seems to be split into people who actually play difficult maps well and those who never go above hard / easy insanes.

Frankly I'd be ecstatic if I C/D ranked [Four Dimensions] but you know, you stick to your [hard] diffs if you consider <B a fail.
i dont get it, are you saying people who dont want to get B's dont play harder insanes?
No, I said the majority of people who don't want to get <B's don't, and funnily enough if you look at the profiles of OP etc. I wasn't saying that out of nowhere.
YodaSnipe

thelewa wrote:

Just FC everything
CXu
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/27638
Fucking C.

Other than that, I'd like to improve everything to S or SS, but hell, I suck at streams.
HakuNoKaemi
S/SS→ Good Work, companion
A→ Good
B→ Decent
C→ Bad
D→ You couldn't do any worser
kriers
1x100 1x miss → Mukku style song failed
0x100 1x miss → Lewa style song failed
Anything else → song failed
1x100 FC → sucky
0x100 FC → pass
Cyclohexane
I'll take anything that isn't a D due to my general low accuracy and stream speed.
Which leads to me saying "YEEEEEAHHHHH I GOT C ON NATIVE FAITH"

I think that you should be proud of yourself for any achievement, regardless of how well other people are doing.
Nyu_old2

what is a B
silmarilen
SS = good
S = not bad
A= bad
the rest isnt worth mentioning.
Aurele
Sincerely, I don't really care. I'm playing for fun, not for being Cookiezi.
Soaprman
I like getting B and C ranks because it means I'm playing something right at my skill level. I guess because of this I'm always disappointed to run across maps with really high HP drain because it's just not possible to get C (or sometimes even B) without dying from the lack of 300s. Those maps are probably made by the people who think an A is bad. :P
JAKACHAN

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I probably have the most recorded A's in the world right now.

Person I will not name would like to speak with you.
dNextGen

i probably have the lowest number of SS in da world right now
sCam
I have really bad accuracy, so B's are what I get the most.So I have to be satisfied with it for now. If the song is like AR9 then i get A's more(I like fast maps better)
As you can see my last 24hr ;-;

I'm not the kind of person to retry a Map more than 3 times to get that S or A, If I can't do it within my first three times, then i'll just go back to it after I improve.

SS - I can't believe I did that, this will never happen again.
S - I think I got better
A - That 1 Miss :/
B - Eh, I'll take it
C- This map is too hard for me :/
D - I only get these on No fail runs, so I don't really care for it.
ReVeNg3r

sCam wrote:

SS - I can't believe I did that, this will never happen again.
lol

sCam wrote:

S - I think I got better
if i would S any val map then maybe

sCam wrote:

A - That 1 Miss :/
happens pretty often to me

sCam wrote:

B - Eh, I'll take it
no ( just very few exception)

sCam wrote:

C- This map is too hard for me :/
D - I only get these on No fail runs, so I don't really care for it.
C - I only get these on No fail runs, so I don't really care for it
D - This map is too hard for me :/

wow 8-)
silmarilen
i cant remember ever having a D on a legit run, C is too hard for me, those insane approved maps and stuff (with no fail), B means its too hard for me.
NeoRainier
This B for me worths as much as some SS of mine

I think it mostly depends from how much the song is hard at all.....generally i try SS'ing "Hard" maps, instead when i'm going on Insanes i try FCing them giving not too much care on x100s.
To make a summary: B & C = nofail runs on songs too hard for me , A = idiotic misses , S = slider breaks or misstimed pressing due to tension, SS = i aim at them

PS: consider that i play mostly Hard diffs
Reunilu
To me, B's are OK if I ever play a approved beatmap. The only map I would ever consider a B an achievment is the insane map on Cyo Mateyo.
Laharl

Pichu0102 wrote:

I know I really don't consider a song passed until I get at least an A, but I was wondering if anyone else thought the same way.
Why? B isn't even in your profile. You can get #1 with 0 SS, 0 S and 0 A's. Haha. =D

For me:

SS - Yeah, I'm playing Easy maps ang get SS. Nothing special.
S - happens often.
A - happens often. When I get an A, I try to get an S
B - In most cases maps that are harder than the ones I usually play. I'll take it.
C - Must be some record wihle playing the first few times.
D - same as C.
JAKACHAN
If we are saying what our different ranks are:

SS - Rofl Lewa is gonna be pissed at me this time.
S - Eh the usual
A - MOTHER FUCKER NOW I HAVE TO REDO THAT SONG
B - Most likely trying a song that isn't possible to FC with HD HR or screwing around with DT
C - Tag 4
D - Never happens.
Shohei Ohtani
Considering I play with Suddendeath, I don't really get Bs or lower that often
Sup A Noob

JAKACHAN wrote:

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

I probably have the most recorded A's in the world right now.

Person I will not name would like to speak with you.

Oh f-

I actually do wonder how many B's I have.

-------

SS - Lolwat ok
S - Lol ok
A - Ok
B - Ok
C - Ok
D - Hmm... Ok

No really, that's the amount of shit I give to ranks.
those
SS - My curse has been lifted!
S - ...no it hasn't, damn that 1x 100.
A - That didn't count.
Mercurial

I like the way this is going.
Sync

kriers wrote:

1x100 1x miss → Mukku style song failed
0x100 1x miss → Lewa style song failed
Anything else → song failed
1x100 FC → sucky
0x100 FC → pass
jianzii

tolliken wrote:

-Athena- wrote:

osu! is one of the hardest exams in the world.
Seriously a 92% and still just a B? We'll ace any other test.
Lol, that's true! :)

Also, why the hell can't i get something like, ta-da-dums, PLATINUM SS mark, in real life? :?:
You can, but you have to blind yourself so you can play on Hidden.

Also for me:

SS Rank - Jumping for joy
S Rank - Yeah I expected it.
A Rank - I'll work on it.
B Rank - Damn, I'm so bad at this.
C Rank - Oh god why didn't I just quit halfway through...
D Rank - I need to stop using No Fail.
Amefuri Koneko
If I get below 90% accuracy it's a fail for me, 91-93% not very satisfying too. Don't really care about rank and few combobreakers if accuracy is high.
Soly
Laharl
Yeah. B-ranks in this case make you someone special. =D
Azure_Kite
I don't consider a lower rank a fail if the map is hard. Difficulty is a larger factor for me. Mainly due to the fact that 500 S ranks on easy/normal ranks won't help you improve and get higher ranks on harder songs.

Besides, that feeling of progress when you improve upon your old ranked score by any respectable margin is amazing.
Kanye West
anything below S is failing
JAKACHAN

Kanye West wrote:

anything below S is failing
You must fail a lot then \o/
Defacer
­
JAKACHAN

Defacer wrote:

People who say anything below S is a fail are retarded in my eyes. Not only, exceptionally bad skilled also

It's like when a relatively new player says that anything below SS sux when he plays easy diffs+hardrock...

except 1-2 people in this thread all others are funny with their epic SStatements.
Correction there are more like 5-7 people in here that can talk about SS'ing!
Defacer
­
Cyclohexane
You can't call people retarded because they think anything below S is failed; it's just a self-imposed challenge, and accuracy players try to reach that goal.

For, let's say, regular players, that don't really shine by their accuracy, they won't and shouldn't think that if they get A or lower they failed. I have a few C ranks that I'm very proud of (Barusa of Mikosu [Solo] for example). We just don't have the same goal. Some like to clear, others like to FC.
Eyenine

Gabe wrote:

Sincerely, I don't really care. I'm playing for fun, not for being Cookiezi.
Well, wouldn't really care about accuracy and letter rank. Besides, nothing can satisfy me more than a rain of D's.

For insanes...
Silver SS - ... too memorized? (as if this happened to me even once)
Silver S - ... memorized?
SS - that's not me
S - that's not me either
A - somewhat easy for my left?
B - as expected
C w/o nofail - my right's too good for my left to go with
C w/ nofail - just a little more (I guess...)
D w/o nofail - well, at least I passed...
D w/ nofail - everybody expects this...
show more