forum

Does this happen to you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
those

thelewa wrote:

What.
"Oh I feel I'm so good that I have to do well, otherwise I'm just wasting other people's time (when their time is already being spent spectating anyway)."
Mukku

those wrote:

thelewa wrote:

What.
"Oh I feel I'm so good that I have to do well, otherwise I'm just wasting other people's time (when their time is already being spent spectating anyway)."
What.
XGeneral2000

those wrote:

thelewa wrote:

What.
??? Seriously?

I think that's a pretty natural reaction to being spectated. Obviously, spectators are spectating because they want to see some entertaining play from you, and so if you play badly, of course you'd feel bad. There's nothing he said that implies arrogance. If anything, the fact you're calling him out on it says more about you than it does about him.
Aqo
When playing normally... [Normal]/[Hard] maps are a lot more pressuring than insanes because on insanes it's like "missed a note halfway in? whatever lol I'm happy to even have managed to clear this far with a combo", and on [Hard] it's like... eyeing the accuracy meter during every single slider and 1/1 "break", checking if I accidentally had a 100. I think it all boils down to how much you expect from yourself?

Spectators make me nervous because I don't want to bore them with boring maps, so I start thinking about what map to play next that would be interesting to watch... but then I start worrying whether the spectator is a supporter or not, because a lot of my favorite maps are unranked so maybe they can't dl them?

When I spectate somebody I'm very nervous to not leave until they finish a map they're playing, because I'm afraid that if I leave in the middle it would distract them or make them lose confidence or something.
thelewa

Aqo wrote:

Spectators make me nervous because I don't want to bore them with boring maps, so I start thinking about what map to play next that would be interesting to watch... but then I start worrying whether the spectator is a supporter or not, because a lot of my favorite maps are unranked so maybe they can't dl them?

When I spectate somebody I'm very nervous to not leave until they finish a map they're playing, because I'm afraid that if I leave in the middle it would distract them or make them lose confidence or something.
osu! nice guy

I used to get this too, until I turned my spectator list off and just stopped caring. It was getting into the way of my enjoying of this game, taking into consideration that I constantly have spectators.
Aqo
I'd love to constantly have spectators like you top players :P having audience would make playing more exciting (that's the right word. Not pressuring). I only get specs when playing famous/hard maps and when nobody else is online at the same hour or something...

Playing With a Dance Number with NoFail for fun -> random spec joins -> not sure if he'd leave the moment he realizes I'm using NoFail -> maybe I should switch to a map that's hard but I can clear without NoFail? -> But maybe he only wants to see this specific map? ARGH WHAT TO DO
Hanyuu
^^

enjoy the game, thats all
Milkshake

Aqo wrote:

Playing With a Dance Number with NoFail for fun -> random spec joins -> not sure if he'd leave the moment he realizes I'm using NoFail -> maybe I should switch to a map that's hard but I can clear without NoFail? -> But maybe he only wants to see this specific map? ARGH WHAT TO DO
KEEP PLAYIN' AND DON'T GIVE A FUCK
Aoko

silmarilen wrote:

yes

no
Sieg

xsrsbsns wrote:

Very often.

Even worse with spectators.
this
Amefuri Koneko
Started getting spectators pretty often when my rank went below 1000, I can't do **** when spectated, lol. I also get misses while trying to read spectator's nickname, which gets me even more nervous XD
ampzz
Prime example from me of getting all jittery was screwing up a #1 run on kors k vs L.E.D. - Solid State Squad (yeahyeahyeahhh's one) where I screwed up the end on that and just gave up caring.

I'm an exhibitionist so I LOVE SPECTATORS.
... that's a joke by the way.
PROGUY
I wouldn't mind having spectators, though I tend to get nervous in times when I keep struggling to FC and/or get a better accuracy in maps that I have trouble with. Hard maps and mods mostly. Too many spectators (Over 10) can be considered overkill as well.
JAKACHAN
First off...

those wrote:

Stupid assumption is stupid. No one ever said they were good so they have to do well... It's a natural reaction to want to do well when someone is speccing you it doesn't mean you are saying you are amazing.

Back OT: I used to get nervous but it just kind of went away. In fact, I do better now when I get spectators as long as they aren't the kind that point out every miss or 100 you get.

GladiOol wrote:

I love the spectators who instantly stop spectating you after you make a single miss.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME GUYS
This as well.
Sonez_old

sCam wrote:

No it dosen't happen to me. I don't get spectators :/

and I don't spam /np to my friends, that's annoying.

Though, I'll admit, I have some "friends" who I secretly mark them as rivals, and when I see them passing a map I can't do, I root for them to fail.
not sure if I should be concerned here or not :O

OT: I get really nervous or even distracted when someone spectates me mid game. I don't set records often though so whatever.
Da7shadow
:x
ffstar
i always get nervous when i nearly FC it....and before the song end i will get a slider break or miss...
spectators will make my hand shaking and miss miss miss.... :lol:
jianzii
I found that I care so much less about my ranking and stuff when I realize that it isn't really important...how much stuff do you have goin' on outside of this game? Because of what I do mostly every day, playing Osu is a cakewalk haha
silmarilen
its funny how 2 very simple questions turned into such a discussion
those

saymun wrote:

Oh and another question to the mouse players...Do you guys have trouble moving your mouse upwards? It's probably just me, but I can move my mouse perfectly in any direction EXCEPT up..it always ends up in a sort of diagonal direction...so i sometimes miss straight sliders..orz
I have more trouble moving my mouse sideways. Moving it up and down requires the outer fingers to expand and contract, whereas moving it sideways requires the whole wrist movement, which should naturally be more difficult.
BeatofIke

those wrote:

saymun wrote:

Oh and another question to the mouse players...Do you guys have trouble moving your mouse upwards? It's probably just me, but I can move my mouse perfectly in any direction EXCEPT up..it always ends up in a sort of diagonal direction...so i sometimes miss straight sliders..orz
I have more trouble moving my mouse sideways. Moving it up and down requires the outer fingers to expand and contract, whereas moving it sideways requires the whole wrist movement, which should naturally be more difficult.
^ Pretty much This.
Atema
I'm almost always nervous when i play and very concentrated ^^
First try, miss... well i'll do better next one
2nd, 3th, 4th fail... dis map is kinda hard !
10th try... *#°)& dafuuuuuuuuuuuuuuq !

But usually i don't give up when i know i can do it ^^ Except when i brainlag, do stupid misses, do not feel comfortable when playing and stop playing cus i'm not in the mood anymore XD
smoogipoo
I guess nervousness kinda puts me on edge, and somehow I start to play faster and miss less in that stage, if I fail quite a few times on the song (5+) in the same area, I start to get frustrated and end up giving up. I'm pretty used to having people observe my play from local Starcraft II tournaments, so I don't have trouble with observers (when I do get any)
silmarilen

those wrote:

saymun wrote:

i actually move my whole arm when moving my mouse up and down, i guess thats the claw vs palm grip.
those

silmarilen wrote:

i actually move my whole arm when moving my mouse up and down, i guess thats the claw vs palm grip.
Then moving your whole arm for any movement should be about the same. Why exactly are you finding it difficult to move upwards, only?
Eyenine

those wrote:

saymun wrote:

This... The final screenwide jump pattern of Romantic Children T_T
silmarilen

those wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Then moving your whole arm for any movement should be about the same. Why exactly are you finding it difficult to move upwards, only?
i dont O.o
thelewa
those is just tripping in this thread
kriers

those wrote:

saymun wrote:

Shitty way to play with a mouse. Use your arm \o/

also, palm grip is much harder for up and down than claw grip. You have to be really good at it to make it work :o
silmarilen
the master has spoken
Winshley

saymun wrote:

Do you guys get nervous when you play?
Yes, often it's at the point I'm almost SS'd it. I never get nervous when I only S'd it.

saymun wrote:

Do you guys have trouble moving your mouse upwards? It's probably just me, but I can move my mouse perfectly in any direction EXCEPT up..it always ends up in a sort of diagonal direction...so i sometimes miss straight sliders..orz
Well... I'm having problem with moving my mouse on both up and down. It's very noticeable that I have an oval-shaped spins sometimes. orz
Milkshake

silmarilen wrote:

the master has spoken

indeed
ScBw1995
just sometimes, when the song goes over 5 min or have over 1000 combos
Hyuuji
flow

saymun wrote:

Yeah... both upwards/downwards kills and I have to reposition :S

As for spectators, end up getting extremely nervous my accuracy just dips and I slip on an easy slider...
Normally without spectators I only get really nervous if I retry the song too much at a point where I break the combo, to avoid this I tend to just complete the song every time to avoid focusing really hard on that particular point. Other than that like most other people I get pretty shaky/complacent when on the last break/broken previous record/top 40..

._.
hissatsugirl
i always got nervous at the ending of a song and i still don't have mistakes... = w=
Hakurouken
In long maps i do get nervous when im already past half the map with 100% acc; as a countermeasure (maybe its a bit silly?) i hit 1~3 100s at the beggining to avoid nervousness
animez15
i should say YES! specially when i join multiplayer or even people who spectate me :D
Sup A Noob
I only start feeling nervous when I'm quickly approaching SS (by coincidence). Spectators mean nothing to me now.

I mean, I completely underrate myself by playing every single map with mods and getting at least Bs while fighting with my skipping Imperator cursor at the same time. It's impossible to fall to spectators when you know you're going to suck anyway.
Topic Starter
saymun

those wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

After several days of just exam studying with the occasional osu! break, it kind of fixed it self and i can move it up properly again. I think the main problem was the way i was holding the mouse at times. Sometimes its angled more to the left than usual so when i actually do move the mouse up, it sort of goes diagonally
show more