forum

Does this happen to you?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
saymun
Hi guys, just a bit curious

Do you guys get nervous when you play?

I always get nervous to the point my arms and fingers get really stiff and tingly as if i can't move them the way i want. Always happens when I pass my old ranks or know I'm going to get onto the top40 and end up stuffing up really badly (get a lot of 100s at the end) or missing completely

Oh and another question to the mouse players...Do you guys have trouble moving your mouse upwards? It's probably just me, but I can move my mouse perfectly in any direction EXCEPT up..it always ends up in a sort of diagonal direction...so i sometimes miss straight sliders..orz
silmarilen
yes

no
Lesjuh
It's one of the main reasons I gave up on getting #1's on the leaderboards. You're not the only one.
GladiOol

Lesjuh wrote:

It's one of the main reasons I gave up on getting #1's on the leaderboards. You're not the only one.
also because u suck <3

But yeah, I always get nervous at the end. I have so many last note misses because of that. It looks so silly to get a top 6 score with an A rank

):
Topic Starter
saymun
Getting #1's is still a dream far away for me. And Gladi, thats going too far. That <3 was uncalled for
Soly
kriers
I love this pressure. It's the entire fun about playing this game!
GladiOol

saymun wrote:

Getting #1's is still a dream far away for me. And Gladi, thats going too far. That <3 was uncalled for
?
Topic Starter
saymun
[/sarcasm]
GladiOol
<3

when will u get more maps ranked?
thelewa
I get nervous no matter what maps I play. Seriously, I played a [Normal] diff and I started shaking near the end.

My nervousity is a lot worse though, my heart starts to beat irregularly on hard maps and I've fainted a couple of times. Sometimes my vision just fades completely and comes back after a while.

edit: wow accidentally ctrl+enter
xsrsbsns
Very often.

Even worse with spectators.
JappyBabes

xsrsbsns wrote:

Even worse with spectators.
Vmx
Only on maps with 800+ combo
Topic Starter
saymun
I'm fine with spectators if its people i know of. But yeah, random spectators basically kill me. Especially when you only realise once you reach the very last break before the song finale
kriers
I like spectators, since most spectators are cheering for you. The ones who clearly aren't (like counting all your 100s and laughing at you when you fail) ruin my game and should go die in a fire :(
Topic Starter
saymun
Turn on that combo fire in the options [/lamejoke]
GladiOol
I love the spectators who instantly stop spectating you after you make a single miss.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME GUYS
sCam
No it dosen't happen to me. I don't get spectators :/

and I don't spam /np to my friends, that's annoying.

Though, I'll admit, I have some "friends" who I secretly mark them as rivals, and when I see them passing a map I can't do, I root for them to fail.
xiceyx
Yup always happens to me xD
Espionage724

GladiOol wrote:

I love the spectators who instantly stop spectating you after you make a single miss.
I think I only had 1 spectator :/ I remember it too (I was playing 1 of the Nichijou OP's and I get a random spectator about halfway though). I did get pretty nervous though :p

I tend to get nervous if I'm intentionally trying to get a perfect or if I'm recording it.
Frizz
Spectators are just increasing the pressure ;_;

I tend to turn the spectators list off and hide the scoreboard while playing as well. Knowing that I'm already in Top 40 while playing is pretty much distracting.

As for the second question, I think I never experienced such problem though.
Eyenine
Nervous... when the map's about to end and I have a combo of 500x or more. Worse when I'm on a fc run.

Also, when a spectator appears, an instant stupid miss appears most of the time.
Never experienced difficulties raising the cursor with the mouse. (Roimantic Children o.o)
thelewa

GladiOol wrote:

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME GUYS
Hah I know that feel all too well.
Laharl

saymun wrote:

Do you guys get nervous when you play?
No. I always look with the same bored expression at the screen.
F m L_old
I get nervous when im about to get a score thats going to land me in top 6.
show more