forum

Post your osu! fan art!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Daru

RBRat3 wrote:

But I can do line plotting and have a machine do the drawing bit :P
Ooh... I used to use a machine like that to do vinyl cutting at a place I used to work at.
Never thought to use it like that, though in retrospect it seems really obvious now.
RBRat3
Yea I own a roland 24-GX, Dad bought it but never used it so now its mine. I use it to do small things for small businesses and acquaintances. Its just an expensive toy really, got bored one day and said hell I bet I can make that thing draw and shade me a miku so I threw pencils & blenders in it and loaded up illustrator.

Ohh and if you were curious how that all turned out it came out like shit XD, What had happened was during final lining the charcoal pencil tip broke put big ol' fat lines over it all. It would have turned out ok if I just settled on a dark graphite pencil instead of charcoal but overall it was a fun experiment and a fast way to kill 4 hours.
awp

RBRat3 wrote:

Meh like I said its a thing, I'll probably move it, focal blur it or just get rid of it not too sure yet. Need to wait till I get her lined and base colored before I tool it
it looks like a ribbon in that shot, which is cool
Nekoroll

RBRat3 wrote:

Yea I own a roland 24-GX, Dad bought it but never used it so now its mine. I use it to do small things for small businesses and acquaintances. Its just an expensive toy really, got bored one day and said hell I bet I can make that thing draw and shade me a miku so I threw pencils & blenders in it and loaded up illustrator.

Ohh and if you were curious how that all turned out it came out like shit XD, What had happened was during final lining the charcoal pencil tip broke put big ol' fat lines over it all. It would have turned out ok if I just settled on a dark graphite pencil instead of charcoal but overall it was a fun experiment and a fast way to kill 4 hours.
Architects: Hey, let's use this plotter to make high quality blueprints. Ah, fudge. Let's just use it to draw Hatsune Mikus all over the place.

That is seriously super cool though. I would love to have an expensive toy like that for my own usage.
RBRat3

Nekoroll wrote:

Architects: Hey, let's use this plotter to make high quality blueprints. Ah, fudge. Let's just use it to draw Hatsune Mikus all over the place.

That is seriously super cool though. I would love to have an expensive toy like that for my own usage.
Not that devilishly expensive, you could get a cute 12" if you were interested (I think just plotters are cheaper than actual cutters). Making it spit out Miku's was the height of the stupidity done on it sadly, Suppose the next big step would be to shove a giant miku decal on the side of my car XD

BTW I thought Id ask, Who was responsible for this?
RBRat3
Project companion.... Brings good luck XD
Cuddlebun
it brings something all right
awp

RBRat3 wrote:

Sarumaru inked it and I coloured it
RBRat3

awp wrote:

RBRat3 wrote:

Sarumaru inked it and I coloured it

Ahh Ha, Stumbled on to their DA page now things make more sense. Thx

Edit: Been bored so I made a osu logo in max, Haven't a clue what to do with it so I just been fragmenting crap all over it. ( Images aren't useful just having fun any ideas let me know)
And
justinee_old
:) :arrow: ;)

hahhaa...osu..osu...[color=#BF00FF]
peppy
@RBRat3: I demand more! That looks epic. Can you make a high res version of the white one which isn't clipped at the bottom?
RBRat3

peppy wrote:

@RBRat3: I demand more! That looks epic. Can you make a high res version of the white one which isn't clipped at the bottom?
I can do anything you want to it as long as its in the confines of my ram usage XD

What res do you want it? I wouldn't go any higher 10k WxH otherwise you might get the render next day.
peppy
That would be much higher than I'd need, but sure :).
RBRat3
Preview
Full res at 5000x5000px PNG w/alpha 13.7mb
http://i.minus.com/dRF15Key3pyV1.png

Preview
Full res at 5000x5000px PNG w/alpha 26.7mb
http://i.minus.com/dJSF91w2oex6W.png

Preview
Full res at 5000x5000px PNG w/alpha 22.10mb
http://i.minus.com/dbn4ZDfXRieNEZ.png
peppy
That is great stuff :D. Make sure to keep the original 3ds files; I might ask for a custom render of this in the future for a specific use case.
RBRat3
No problem :)
peppy
I made this for my current wallpaper: http://puu.sh/wb3B
friendok53

peppy wrote:

i love you
RBRat3

peppy wrote:

Nice!!, I wanted to glow it but the filter interacted on the glass too much turning the scene into a giant light bulb. Figured it was better off being applied by an external program.

Works out great by itself XD
SPOILER

Damn I need to realign all that crap :<
LukaXD

peppy wrote:

That is great stuff
Yes it is o.O
You got some rly nice stuff there RBRat3 (reeeeeeeeeaally nice)
Derekku

RBRat3 wrote:

my new wallpaper <3
IppE

RBRat3 wrote:

No problem :)
Stinks of 3DS Max

o/
RBRat3

IppE wrote:

Stinks of 3DS Max

o/
How do you know, It could be gmax :P
(Which is free btw)

Heres a quickie, I dont know WTF I was thinking...
Cyclohexane
Sliderbreaking is incredibly well explained by your drawing IMO

So much it should be in the FAQ
But wait, there's no sliderbreaking in Taiko! Well there kinda is if you fsck up the rhythm on the sliders but it doesn't actually break your combo.
peppy
Oh my god that is amazing.
Bittersweet
Wow, awesome.

Btw, what happened with Fanart section? :~
Nekoroll
I lol'd pretty hard, RBRat13.
Koyocik

friendok53 wrote:

peppy wrote:

i love you
I love your and also wallpaper RBRat13. That is amazing...
Sync

RBRat3 wrote:

AMAZING
RBRat3
Huh didn't expect 45min to be well received... anyways Thank You!!!
boat

RBRat3 wrote:

Huh didn't expect 45min to be well received... anyways Thank You!!!
The time it took is not always relevant to the outcome, nor quality of a piece, sir.

A fully rendered piece is not necessarily better then something speedpainted, for instance. If the result is good, then who cares about how long it took, what came out of the time spent is what mattress.
RBRat3
Time is always relevant to the outcome, Its what you do within time that determines the outcome.
If I took it an hour or more I would have vectored all the cel shades that way I could push out its real resolution but no the primary goal of it was just to simply get it lined and all I did was bullshit shades in with the pen with a few gradient fades XD

Also if I took the extra 30 secs I would have dropped layers to get rid of color banding artifacts.

All in all it was just a quickie to make with the line plot that was constructed and physics simulation render which originally was gonna be pippi's hopping bunny pantsu but thats another story XD
boat

RBRat3 wrote:

Time is always relevant to the outcome, Its what you do within time that determines the outcome.

boat wrote:

what came out of the time spent is what mattress.
Spending more time on a piece doesn't necessarily make it a better piece of art. That of course, within logical boundaries, in the matter of how much work you're actually able to pull off within said time. An unrendered painting isn't necessarily worse then a fully rendered and processed one, irregardless of that the latter took a load more time. Unless you judge "art" based off the artists abilities, which is quite stupid, at the very least in my book.
RBRat3

boat wrote:

Spending more time on a piece doesn't necessarily make it a better piece of art.
Well in my case thats what it practically translates into on how my work aesthetically appeals to myself (always garbage). As for how its received its not a major concern to me since everything I do is never final until I take it into some sort of production phase such as heat transfers, decals, sublimation, large format printing... Basically anything physical is where I consider it permanent since its no longer in an actively editable medium.

As long as I get my instant gratification of producing something nothing really matters, In the above case it was just the linework from ingame refrence (which I think sux still) XD
Just need to figure what use to put it to... ( If I had any pink I would rock that on the hood of my car :P )
boat
So we got Andy and Bob. They are both digital artists, they both have great skill and knowledge within digital painting. Andy, he likes to do photostudies, so he paints one, using this one photo of a car as a reference. He spends countless hours rendering it, making it as correct, similar and realistic in comparison to the reference photo. At first glance, you wouldn't be able to say that its a painting.

Now Bob, he is an innovative person, he likes to paint from his mind. He doesn't have a lot of time on his hands, but plenty to get a good result from the time spent. He paints lets say, a character he came up with who is striking some sort of pose in an environment he also came up with from his mind, something that nobody has seen before. His work is all anatomically correct, the perspective is correct, on similar factors its flawless. Only thing that differs is that he didn't put much time into rendering the piece all too much, the brushstrokes are visible. Its not bad at all, just clearly a painting, as he didn't even have half that Andy did.

Now, irregardless of that Andy spent a whole load more time then Bob did, he still lacks the innovation, charm and "imaginative-ness" which Bob has. His work is all polished and pretty, but it has no feeling, no emotion nor anything thats actually >interesting<. We've all seen that photo of the car before, but we haven't seen this character and environment which Bob painted up until now, which is new, fresh and interesting to look at.

Andys work can solely be valued in effort and time spent, whilst Bob has an actually artistic value to his.
Nekoroll
Who's to say that Andy's doesn't have as much artistic value than Bob's? Just because something isn't as creative or imaginative as something else doesn't rob it of its value of art. Everyone views art differently than others. Some may favor the drafty feel of sketches, some full replications, and others downright abstract. Do all these styles mean that they are better than the other in terms of reflecting any kind of artistic value? I wouldn't think so.

Time doesn't always reflect on how great an art piece will turn out. It's just a measure of opportunity. Whether or not you choose to take the opportunities to seek improvements on your drawing is up to you and how you envision the "final result" in mind.

I find charm in artistic renditions of real life things, just by the way. I also enjoy sketches. While they are both "art", you can't fully compare one to the other. They are two separate entities that stand on their own and will have their own base of fans that appreciate them.

Sadly, both of you are right since art is subjective. Now, less bickering, more fan art.
RBRat3
I'm still waiting for osu 3d j/k :P

Weeee!!!!
Agnes
Man, you're waaaaaaay too good at this.
Azure_Kite
That. Is. Awesome.
Gabi

RBRat3 wrote:

I'm still waiting for osu 3d j/k :P

Weeee!!!!
nice

Am i the only one with a dirty mind here?
show more