forum

[added] Filter game mode specific difficulties

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +221
Topic Starter
theowest
About the "Group by Mode" fix

I don't understand why we don't filter it instead. Wouldn't that be easier? What if you want to Group these game mode specific difficulties? That's just highly inconvenient.

My feature request still stands.

How about a way to filter catch the beat, osu!mania and taiko specific difficulties?

Regardless of what game mode you are in, you will always be able to filter out the maps from other game modes you don't want to be shown.

Remember that you can always uncheck any filter if you for some reason to play more than one game mode.

If you filter away osu! maps in taiko/ctb/osu!mania, osu! maps will be gone and taiko/ctb/osu!mania maps are then left alone. Any osu! maps can already be played in taiko/ctb. But if you want to filter osu! difficulties too, that will be done too.

If you filter taiko/ctb/osu!mania maps in osu!, taiko/ctb/osu!mania maps will be gone and osu! maps are then left alone. Any taiko/ctb specific maps can't be played as an osu! map.

Please come up with suggestions and criticism for this feature request.

osu!mania specific difficulties will be rankable at some point.
palinus
Yes indeed.
DerekMcD
+Support
bomber34
Isn't it faster to just typing Taiko or Catch the Beat?
but meh
+Support
Yuzeyun

bomber34 wrote:

but meh
+Support
Some maps have a taiko diffs and yet they don't have the word taiko in it.

One example is http://osu.ppy.sh/s/19628. [Ritsu] is taiko diff (Honestly this shouldn't even have that name, it implies we all know K-ON! >.>)
Topic Starter
theowest

bomber34 wrote:

but meh
+Support
no. I don't play taiko or Catch the beat so I don't want to see it.

if you want to play taiko or catch the beat, i think you should go here:

not here:
Stefan
A good Mapper names his Taiko Diff with the Word "Taiko" in the Name.
Acually this is a Rule to name with Taiko. But 2010. /o/
Topic Starter
theowest

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

A good Mapper names his Taiko Diff with the Word "Taiko" in the Name.
Acually this is a Rule to name with Taiko. But 2010. /o/
yeah, and it's waste of space to see them. sometimes you missclick and random will sometimes come on a taiko diff.

I just never want to see them. Ever. If I do, I go to this place
Tshemmp

theowest wrote:

sometimes you missclick and random will sometimes come on a taiko diff.

I just never want to see them.
That's why I delete all taiko diffs. They are too insane for me anyway, if I play taiko then I play normal and hard standard diffs on taiko.
Topic Starter
theowest

Tshemmp wrote:

theowest wrote:

sometimes you missclick and random will sometimes come on a taiko diff.

I just never want to see them.
That's why I delete all taiko diffs. They are too insane for me anyway, if I play taiko then I play normal and hard standard diffs on taiko.
That's something people shouldn't have to do.
bomber34

theowest wrote:

not here:
Oh my bad. I understood the headline wrong then.
I still support this, though then. ;)
Sakura
I think it would be better if Taiko or CTB specific difficulties don't appear when you go to the regular play mode, considering if you go there you normally want to play osu!standard, not Taiko nor CTB (on the other hand non specific diffs can be played in Taiko or CTB modes to begin with so they would still appear on the respective modes menus)
Topic Starter
theowest

Sakura Hana wrote:

I think it would be better if Taiko or CTB specific difficulties don't appear when you go to the regular play mode, considering if you go there you normally want to play osu!standard, not Taiko nor CTB (on the other hand non specific diffs can be played in Taiko or CTB modes to begin with so they would still appear on the respective modes menus)
Sounds good.
HakuNoKaemi
better as Sakura-nyan said.
No specific diff on Standard mode, specific diff filter on Special Modes (something like "Filter Specific" when you are in Taiko or CtB mode).
Topic Starter
theowest

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

better as Sakura-nyan said.
No specific diff on Standard mode, specific diff filter on Special Modes (something like "Filter Specific" when you are in Taiko or CtB mode).
I agree.
MMzz
Yes please, I was thinking about ths the other day lol. +1
ziin

Sakura wrote:

Standard mode sucks for taiko. What if someone wants to play taiko, but doesn't want to play taiko on all the shitty standard maps, just the taiko specific ones?
Topic Starter
theowest

ziin wrote:

Sakura wrote:

Standard mode sucks for taiko. What if someone wants to play taiko, but doesn't want to play taiko on all the shitty standard maps, just the taiko specific ones?
filter for that too? c:

"filter osu maps"
Kitsunemimi

theowest wrote:

not here:
I disagree with this, because I for one, play both standard and CtB, and for quite a while, I've had times when I've only played certain maps in standard, and certain others in CtB. (meaning that when I play CtB, I skip over the mapset of the map I played in standard).

If, hypothetically, there was a CtB-specific diff on the mapset I played in standard, if they're not shown, I'd have never known about it. It's better to just stick with a filter that the user can toggle.
Kurokami
And what if you see the taiko or ctb specific diffs? You want to tell us, if you saw them you will play even worse then before? You not want to play them, then not select them. You select because of a mistake, the esc->quit->delete. This is sucks. I don't even understand why most of the osu players think taiko and ctb is sucks. They are game modes and they are good. This way with other games, like SSBB, you must just play solo and ignore all other modes because they are sucks. Or even better, delete them from the game. meh...
Sakura
I dont think it sux, it just makes more sense to me, if clicking on a mode-specific diff is going to force another gameplay mode that you aren't at why even display the difficulty in there?

@Kitsunemimi: You can always see when mapsets have mode-specific difficulties on the beatmap info page and beatmap listings.
Topic Starter
theowest

Kitsunemimi wrote:

theowest wrote:

not here:
I disagree with this, because I for one, play both standard and CtB, and for quite a while, I've had times when I've only played certain maps in standard, and certain others in CtB. (meaning that when I play CtB, I skip over the mapset of the map I played in standard).

If, hypothetically, there was a CtB-specific diff on the mapset I played in standard, if they're not shown, I'd have never known about it. It's better to just stick with a filter that the user can toggle.
play them separately in different game modes.
Kurokami

Sakura wrote:

I dont think it sux, it just makes more sense to me, if clicking on a mode-specific diff is going to force another gameplay mode that you aren't at why even display the difficulty in there?
This way, makes more sense, but I don't think one or 2 plus diff bother someone this much. And of course if ppy apply this, in ctb or taiko the standard diffs maybe also disappear like the ctb and taiko diffs in standard. Or I'm toughs are just bad. ._. Well, I'm not going to support this but I don't care if it will be added.
Sakura

Kurokami wrote:

Sakura wrote:

And of course if ppy apply this, in ctb or taiko the standard diffs maybe also disappear like the ctb and taiko diffs in standard. Or I'm toughs are just bad. ._. Well, I'm not going to support this but I don't care if it will be added.
You didn't get my point at all, Standard maps can be played on all modes, so people may want to play standard maps in CTB/Taiko, that's not unusual at all, if the Standard difficulties dissapear on special modes then they are limited to all mode-specific diffs.
However regardless of which mode you are at, mode-specific difficulties will enforce that gameplay mode, so it makes no sense to show that difficulty on the other modes.
Kurokami
I got it. My second sentence was just my way of a bad thinking. xd
happy30
if you download a map and open it osu! will bring you to the song selection for osu!standard (solo) If you only download maps for the taiko/ctb diff you will have to go back and select special->taiko/ctb everytime you download a new map because the specific diff will not appear.

IMO for people who play both modes it is actually pretty convenient that even specific diffs show up
Topic Starter
theowest

happy30 wrote:

if you download a map and open it osu! will bring you to the song selection for osu!standard (solo) If you only download maps for the taiko/ctb diff you will have to go back and select special->taiko/ctb everytime you download a new map because the specific diff will not appear.

IMO for people who play both modes it is actually pretty convenient that even specific diffs show up
but then they should just uncheck the ctb/taiko filter?
happy30

theowest wrote:

happy30 wrote:

but then they should just uncheck the ctb/taiko filter?
HakuNoKaemi
Standard → Show/Don't Show Specific
Taiko → Show/Don't Show Standard, Don't Show CtB Only
CtB → Show/Don't Show Standard, Don't Show Taiko Only
by default on don't show.
boat
+1 for taiko map filter, -1 for not at all showing taiko maps in standard mode/standard maps in taiko mode, as there are a load of fun standard difficulties that work well in taiko too.

Rather then saying "herp I den pley teko dun wan teko difs in ma standar", stop being a faggotface and put into consideration that peoples interests differ and that you're making a tool out of yourself by being xenophobic towards even glancing at elements of a gamemode which you personally don't like.
Topic Starter
theowest
Remember that you can uncheck these filters so you'll go back to normal.
boat
Seems like you didn't comprehend the post. Whatever, support for a filter would vote if I had any votes left.
happy30
I kinda misunderstood some things, now what I get you want is this, right?
if you only want taiko maps to show just check the "filter taiko specific" just like how filtering unranked will result in only showing unranked maps.

support for this~
Topic Starter
theowest
Yes, exactly. Regardless of what game mode you are in, you will always be able to filter the maps you want to see.
[Luanny]

happy30 wrote:

if you only want taiko maps to show just check the "filter taiko specific" just like how filtering unranked will result in only showing unranked maps.

support for this~
+1
Kurokami

happy30 wrote:

support for this~
+ infinite support
Cristian
Support, totally, you're a genius. <3
Makimoke
You have my total support on this.
Since Taiko and CtB communities are growing more and more, there's going to be lots of Taiko and CtB maps (yeah, since CtB maps are now rankable) in the future (already lots of taiko maps, though xD).
So, in order to spare hundred hours -for each veteran player that does NOT delete maps- looking for a Taiko specific map, or a CtB specific map, we need this.
This also applies, like said in the topic, to osu! players. They don't want to play a map with Taiko/CtB, just the main game. So they won't have to delete each taiko map in the mapset in order to play peacefully with no surprises or things like that.

I'm really sick of browsing each mapset just to get the Taiko diff when I want to play. Even with keywords sometimes I don't find most of my taiko specific maps.
So, this must be added, as it will save lots of time, work, and fun in the game. I gave you my votes, twice, 'cause one is not enough, and that I don't have more to offer. But if I could, I would give them all to you.
Topic Starter
theowest
Bump.
show more