forum

Koji Kondo - Starship Mario 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Quppa_old

MoodyRPG wrote:

Quppa wrote:

Koji Kondo is credited with composition for this track, not Mahito Yokota, and the title on the soundtrack is 'Starship Mario 2' ('Starship Mario 1' and 'Starship Mario 3' have different instruments).

http://vgmdb.net/album/19454
I'm pretty sure about the artist you know,like the others maps ranked from SMG and about the tittle,i'm not sure
VGMdb is a reputable resource, and you can see Kondo's name in this scan of the album booklet: http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/a6/1c/00161ca6.jpeg (Track 12 - 近藤浩治 Kondo Koji, not 横田真人 Yokota Mahito). Yokota composed most of the soundtrack, but Kondo and Ryo Nagamatsu contributed also.
Derekku
Thanks, Quppa!

"Koji Kondo - Starship Mario 2" should be used instead of the current artist and title. Also, shouldn't the source be "Super Mario Galaxy 2"?

By the way, the current mp3's volume is kind of low and the quality is only 128 kbps. Why not use one of better quality?

EDIT: Also, I'd like a couple more opinions on the timing from others!
Faust
Don't know how this could get ranked ...but here's the timing.

BPM: 110.20 Offset: 7,429
BPM: 110.14 Offset: 16,684

BPM: 110.00 Offset: 31,120
BPM: 110.60 Offset: 31,665
BPM: 104.00 Offset: 32,478
BPM: 116.70 Offset: 33,054
BPM: 105.00 Offset: 33,568
BPM: 106.00 Offset: 34,425
BPM: 108.00 Offset: 34,708
BPM: 109.00 Offset: 34,985
BPM: 69.00 Offset: 35,260
BPM: 110.00 Offset: 35,477
BPM: 100.00 Offset: 35,749
BPM: 105.00 Offset: 36,049
BPM: 108.00 Offset: 36,334
BPM: 111.40 Offset: 36,889
BPM: 118.00 Offset: 37,427
BPM: 116.00 Offset: 37,808
BPM: 108.00 Offset: 37,937
BPM: 108.00 Offset: 38,214 (Metronome Reset)
BPM: 109.00 Offset: 40,436
BPM: 110.00 Offset: 40,711
BPM: 107.00 Offset: 40,983
BPM: 116.50 Offset: 41,825
BPM: 110.15 Offset: 42,340

BPM: 109.40 Offset: 68,486
BPM: 110.10 Offset: 77,261
BPM: 110.68 Offset: 112,683

That's all, I think. Enjoy fixing. :oops:
Derekku
.......what

That's just completely unnecessary and crazy o.O
Krisom
Hey there, I made you a BG that is somehow a tad more related to the music

Good luck!
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG

Krisom wrote:

Hey there, I made you a BG that is somehow a tad more related to the music

Good luck!
Oh thanks Krisom

Updated ~
Verdisphena
o.o
Faust
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG
Some Fixes

- Change the artist
- Change the title
- Change the BG
Derekku
Sorry for the delay~

[General]
*I found it strange that all three difficulties end on different measures... Perhaps make them consistent?

[Easy]
*Lovely~

[Normal]
01:30:339 (1,2,3) - I suppose that 1 and 3 are fine, but 2 is a bit too squished together. Can you make this more like the others, please?

[Hard]
*The OD is only one higher than Normal's, so I'd suggest raising it 1 tick.

Aaaaand that should be it! It looks like my unranking post was un-kdable, but I guess you can do this one instead. I should be able to rebubble after you reply!
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG

Derekku wrote:

Sorry for the delay~ It's ok

[General]
*I found it strange that all three difficulties end on different measures... Perhaps make them consistent? Hmm yeah,fixed

[Easy]
*Lovely~

[Normal]
01:30:339 (1,2,3) - I suppose that 1 and 3 are fine, but 2 is a bit too squished together. Can you make this more like the others, please?

[Hard]
*The OD is only one higher than Normal's, so I'd suggest raising it 1 tick. Done

Aaaaand that should be it! It looks like my unranking post was un-kdable, but I guess you can do this one instead. I should be able to rebubble after you reply!
Thanks for mod Derekku,Fixed

Waiting for Verdi's diff :)
Faust
No one's gonna try having stable 110.038 BPM ?

lol
Verdisphena
Download: Koji Kondo - Starship Mario 2 (MoodyRPG) [Verdi's Normal].osu
Btw, the timing of Faust is very nice, you should use it imo
Faust
I kinda laughed.

I don't know if going to all the trouble of using mine is worth it or not, but I've been told it need not exceed 5~10ms of difference.
So in regards, it's fine to use Derek's timing since it's a balanced average.

:oops:
Derekku
Yeah, I was telling Faust that it's not worth trying to get the timing perfect. If the bpm/offset is only fluctuating by 5-10ms in certain spots, then it's not worth adding a bunch of extra timing sections. One steady bpm is much nicer and my timing was only off by ~5ms after a bunch of testplays.
Verdisphena
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG
Thanks Verdi, Updated

So is all fixed :)
Derekku
Looks good!

Rebubbled!
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG

Derekku wrote:

Looks good!

Rebubbled!
Oh <3

Thanks Derek ~ !
Tony
just tested the timing:
now what? :s
Derekku
I'd be fine with -5, but any more than that would be too much imo. Could always make the adjustment if more people agree (and/or the next BAT that looks at this).
Tony

Derekku wrote:

I'd be fine with -5, but any more than that would be too much imo. Could always make the adjustment if more people agree (and/or the next BAT that looks at this).
Great! Good luck Moody <3
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG

Tony wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Great! Good luck Moody <3
Thanks Tony to the support !
Doomsday
After having a look at the timing, I don't think it needs adjusting. It sounds alright to me. With it being a live orchestra, not every drum hit will be on-the-beat, so a bit of leeway is needed.

As for the maps, they look pretty clean. I could nitpick about parts like 00:42:339 - 00:50:520 in [Hard] going off the song and mapping to non-existent patterns, or [Easy] being a little boring, but these don't hurt the map much. 'tis still a cool map.

Congrats. You get my first rank in quite a while :D
Ranked ~

EDIT: Oh wait, this is a re-rank. Re-ranked ~
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG

Doomsday wrote:

After having a look at the timing, I don't think it needs adjusting. It sounds alright to me. With it being a live orchestra, not every drum hit will be on-the-beat, so a bit of leeway is needed.

As for the maps, they look pretty clean. I could nitpick about parts like 00:42:339 - 00:50:520 in [Hard] going off the song and mapping to non-existent patterns, or [Easy] being a little boring, but these don't hurt the map much. 'tis still a cool map.

Congrats. You get my first rank in quite a while :D
Ranked ~

EDIT: Oh wait, this is a re-rank. Re-ranked ~
OMG :D

Thanks a lot Doomsday ^^

and thanks guys for help me with the timing <3
mancuso_JM_
Re-gratz :P
Oh... Doomsday ranked a map again!!! :D
Verdisphena
yay!
Derekku
Had to unrank quickly again because I forgot to delete the old scores. Sorry the for the inconvenience again! .____.

Doomsday will rerank with no problems right now.
Doomsday
oops.

Re-re-ranked!
IceBeam
gratz on re-re-rank,Moody
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG
Ha :D

Well thanks again <3
LunarSakuya
Congrats!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Aurele
Congratulation *-*'
Chewin
OMG!
DaxMasterix
Re-re-rank ftw!
moody we love u
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG
Thanks guys <3
Tony
Maaan congrats :D
Topic Starter
MoodyRPG

Tony wrote:

Maaan congrats :D
Thanks Tony :)
dimar132
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)