forum

Paper Mario - Petal Meadows

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on June 30, 2009 at 9:03:49 PM

Artist: Yoshito Hirano, Yuka Tsujiyoko
Title: Petal Meadows
Source: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Tags: gamecube nintendo
BPM: 128
Filesize: 1435kb
Play Time: 00:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (3,16 stars, 80 notes)
  2. Normal (4,73 stars, 147 notes)
  3. Super (5 stars, 242 notes)
Download: Yoshito Hirano, Yuka Tsujiyoko - Petal Meadows
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
For Wojjan's Paper Mario Project.

The Petal Meadows theme from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Enjoy!
Lilac
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
Sorry, I wanna do Hard :P Feel free to make your own versions and submit separately though, no rules against 2 maps of the same song.

Again, I'm still working on hitsounds, but thanks for taking a look ^_^
Lokamp
Well, I'm not very good at modding, but I have some suggestions about the Nonmal level:

1) [00.13.074] the yellow series has beats a bit distant an could be difficult to be clicked... maybe this can be useful in hard...
2) [00.44.429] same thing for the green one. It's a bit hard to click them in time, isn't it? 8-)

Let me know what do you think !
Lokamp
Well, I'm not very good at modding, but I have some suggestions about the Normal level:

1) [00.13.074] the yellow series has beats a bit distant an could be difficult to be clicked... maybe this can be useful in hard...
2) [00.44.429] same thing for the green one. It's a bit hard to click them in time, isn't it? 8-)

Let me know what do you think !
Topic Starter
0_o
Thank you, I do see your point, Normal is a little harder than it needs to be, I will see what I can do :)
Zeek
Since you're only using the first minute, I shortened the song down so the filesize isn't as big (~3MB to ~1MB). As for a comboburst image, may I suggest this? (I didn't really check if it was large enough to be worthy of it, but I can go and find a larger version if needed.)
Derekku
What's done so far looks okay to me. I'll check again once more is completed :lol:
K2J
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lokamp
I'm here for the 2nd strike!

Easy
[00:01:400] (3) set a finish sound here...
[00:05:200] (3) ... and here!
[00:15:435] from now, the song rhythm is quite strange... :idea: try to add a beat around here!
[00:19:255] another beat here
[00:21:879] either this slider is quite strange... shrink it and add a beat on its previous end (with finish sound!)
[00:23:046] an extra beat here...
[00:26:766] and here!
[00:30:349] from now, clap on blue and 2nd red slider's end, with a finish on 1st red one!
[00:31:922] start the red slider here (same finish) and add a beat on 00:32:600
[00:35:400] end the 1st green slider with a clap; a finish sound will be good at the end and in the middle point of the 2nd!
[00:35:659] like upper, start the green slider here and add a beat on 00:36:319
[00:39:117] start this slider later, insert here a beat!
[00:40:322] delete the 2nd red slider; instead, set a new slider starting on the final red beat and ending at the previous slider's start (sounds pretty hard to explain, I know...)
[00:41:279] add a yellow beat here
[00:45:099] a clap here...
[00:48:799] ... and here ...
[00:52:559] ... and here...
[00:56:249] ... and here... (I'm QUITE repetitive I know)
[01:00:089] ... and here!

And that's all for the easy; I'll mod the other difficulties later (school' shadow never leaves me alone...)
Derekku
Moar hitsounds plz Ex) 00:11:35 (1,2,3) - This is the part where the song starts to pump up and get exciting and it's devoid of hit sounds D: (at least in easy)

Easy: Fine

Normal: Fine

Hard: Fine

Insane: Like I said in irc, please put the streams closer together.

00:31:15 (1) - Why is this so far away from the last note?
00:34:90 (1) - ^

Some combos are in the high teens or even 20. Perhaps add new combos in them? :)

I don't see any other major issues, but insane needs a tiny bit more work. Maybe get rid of some streams, add a spinner, etc.
blissfulyoshi
anonymous_old
General
Nothing really wrong except you need to bump up the difficulty names.

Rename Easy to Normal, Normal to Hard, and Hard to Insane. Remember to full submit.

Easy
Decrease Overall Difficulty. I like it all the way to the left for this one.

00:28:22 (2,3) - Move further apart slightly, so the overlap is the same as with (1,2).
00:59:63 (7) - Not perfectly vertical. (Probably others like this but I didn't nazicheck.)

By the way.

NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Topic Starter
0_o
Fix'd except for difficulty names, I'd say Normal is more of a difficult normal than a Hard, and there is no way Easy resembles normal :P

ty ^_^
tieff
Soaprman
The easy is kind of a more difficult easy. The normal is kind of a more difficult normal. That's all fine. But that hard is definitely more like an insane. So I'll kind of half-second what strager said.

That aside, easy and normal play great. Hard looks great on autoplay since I'm not good enough to play it and not die. Awesome map, great song. Starred!
Shinde
I was thinking +5/6 on offset, but that could just be me sucking, so only change this if you were thinking something similar before reading this.

Easy
00:27:28 (1,2,3) - Just make these copies of each other, they differ slightly.

Normal
00:13:22 (1,2,3,4,5) - I didn't really care for the Finish hitsounds here or at 00:43:22. I'm not sure why, but they don't seem to fit the song well, feels slightly overpowering even. Maybe lower the volume for these sections a little or something? Dunno.
00:19:78 (4) - Left some?

Hard
Mm, nothing really. Felt a bit hard for a 'Hard.'

I think you're still working on hitsounds right? I have no real complaints with them, and I liked some of the clap patterns in Hard, so just do whatever. Right now they seem pretty good. I think that's all.

Star'd.
Sleep Powder
Paper Mario~
[Easy]
00:12:75 (4) - No Finish
00:13:22 (5) - Take out the finish on the start of this
00:13:92 (1) - Maybe Finish instead?
00:51:42 (4) - Clap here

[Normal]
00:14:51 (5) - Finish at the end of the slider?
00:39:47 (1) - Clap here?

[Hard]
00:14:51 (7) - Finish at end?
00:31:27 (7,8) - Claps here?
00:33:85 (1) - Whistle here?
00:35:02 (7,8) - Claps here
00:59:63 (2) - Finish the end only?
Topic Starter
0_o

Shinde wrote:

I was thinking +5/6 on offset, but that could just be me sucking, so only change this if you were thinking something similar before reading this. I'll stick with what I have right now until I get a second opinion

Easy
00:27:28 (1,2,3) - Just make these copies of each other, they differ slightly. Making them different was sort of intentional, as it's supposed to look like grass and blades of grass usually aren't identical ;)

Normal
00:13:22 (1,2,3,4,5) - I didn't really care for the Finish hitsounds here or at 00:43:22. I'm not sure why, but they don't seem to fit the song well, feels slightly overpowering even. Maybe lower the volume for these sections a little or something? Dunno. Keeping the finishes but made them a little quieter
00:19:78 (4) - Left some? Why?

Hard
Mm, nothing really. Felt a bit hard for a 'Hard.' I'm trying to think of a better name for it, I don't want a Easy/Normal/Insane pack though =/

I think you're still working on hitsounds right? I have no real complaints with them, and I liked some of the clap patterns in Hard, so just do whatever. Right now they seem pretty good. I think that's all. Thanks :)

animask wrote:

[Normal]
00:39:47 (1) - Clap here? Done, I don't know why I didn't have one there before =/
This was the only one I changed, I gave your suggestions a shot but I just like what I have now better
Thanks both of you :D
Sushi
Nazi esthetic mod goooooooooooooo

[Easy]
00:27:28 (1,2,3) - make these 3 sliders REALLY similar (hyper nazi mod engaged!)
00:35:49 (1) - start sounds weird imo
00:39:24 (1) - ^
00:44:04 (3,1) - align

[Normal]
00:19:78 (4) - center this one?

[Super]
Meeeeeeeh nothing to say

Nice map, i just 0_o
Star!
Topic Starter
0_o
Derekku
[Super]
00:59:63 (2) - It's cute, but kinda anticlimactic for the ending of the song. I would suggest putting three circle jumps here. ;D

I think everything else is fine. A little tricky, but fine.
Skyripper
well.. I'm sure I could find someone to complain about your hitsounds in Easy/Normal, but I really think they're fine.

bubbled
Echo
I think this set of maps is one of those "awesome" mapsets I mentioned before :P

Also interesting to note this is one of those rare maps that actually work with the default colours. Rank from me
joshisfriend
I COMPLETE IT ON Flashlite