forum

How did you get to know osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sync
a separate IRC community
Vish024
A man who's face I can no longer remember, by the name of adam2046. And his jolly ol' friend Dean.
Oblimix
Broadcasts on Ustream brought me here.
YuuichiYusa
A year and a half ago was lurking through UStream, saw some random japanese player streaming, asked what it was, told me in jap. had to look up translation and found osu. Been playing ever since.
Meru
I know from my friend's anime fanpage, he post something (in this case, osu) that interesting.. then I try... lol not bad, even I like it xD
Laharl
I was forced to download it because of some stupid guys who liked this game ("Oh my god. This is so great. You have to play that, too! We're all playing it!"). They all quitted and I'm the only one left. =(
California
my brother forced me to play
BatterKnife
A person once called cloud8745 played it on a stream and as soon as I saw the logo after he finished playing a map I looked everywhere for this game.
Backfire

8find3r wrote:

A person once called cloud8745 played it on a stream and as soon as I saw the logo after he finished playing a map I looked everywhere for this game.
That guy.
I used to love that guy.
And then he went total dick mode :(
Xylem Beer
A friend introduced me to this game (he's inactive now tho ;_;)
jianzii
My vent went on a 2 day osu kick, so I installed it. All my friends stopped playing shortly after, I've been playing quite a bit and am catching up in level to the highest level person in my vent who got everyone involved.
Oreiora
I got introduced like this... Stepmania > Youtube > Anime OP > Osu!
AkiShizuha
From my friends.. I always saw them playing osu! at school, so I downloaded as well ._.
Xylem Beer

AkiShizuha wrote:

From my friends.. I always saw them playing osu! at school, so I downloaded as well ._.
Playing at school? Wow, lucky you're not caught by the teachers. XD
Capricore
I saw my friend playing it while I came over.
Wasn't all that interested at first till' I got bored one day and decided to try it.
And it became a part of my routine at some point. ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ
jubnunepo
saw some friends playing it on xfire and after seeing them go back to it i just eventually decided to try it
WVSagi
From my friend.
At first, i actually don't really care and don't want to play it because i'm still focused on playing jubeat.
and then while i'm searching 1 of Ryu's song ( Rondo Alla Turca) i founded an osu! replay so i decided to watch it.
and i amazed, like "WTF WHY DID I IGNORE THIS GAME ZOMG I GOTTA DOWNLOAD THIS HURRR" or something like that.
and that map is created by yeahyeahyeahhh, i'm a big fans of yyy. <3
- Rikkukun -
From a friend ("Alexmusicx" on osu!)
fuyuko-chan
I saw a gameplay on YouTube. It looked fun so downloaded it to give it a try and now it is by far my favorite rhythm based game online. ^^
Teddiursa_old
Some dudes from a private server I played, posted some video on the forum.
So, I wanted to try it. o/
Naikaze
My friend told me
Yoshi_old
Youtube. It first started with watching a AMV one of the suggeted videos had gameplay of osu. First i wasn't sure but after watcingh 3 more i decided to get it.
Kai Faust
A tonne of my friends play it at school. I've always avoided it, but now that I've started I can't stop. XD
Kaoru-chi
youtube(search) > Puella Magi Madoka Magica OP [replay] > saw a link > download OSU!
Neclory
friends <.<
CaptainJustice
My friends were playing osu! a lot, so I decided to join them. But now they have already stopped playing(except of one,he wants to come back).
Lucky they are XD
SkyDevil
I found osu on a Youtube Video with Rolled's Mario TECHNO mix :3
JohtoKen
Some years back, I borrowed Elite Beat Agents from my cousin because it looked like a really fun rhythm game (and it also helped that I saw X-Play's review on Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan at around that time frame as well), so I decided to give it a shot, and I was hooked right off the spot.

I looked for an EBA simulator about a year after, and I stumbled upon this site. Sadly, I ignored it afterwards for the most part with the assumption at the time that it would never take off...

...and then comes college when suddenly, all of the CS club there decided to go on a huge osu binge for whatever reason, and I decided to jump the bandwagon for once. Things took off from there; I attempted beatmapping, but I felt I didn't know much about the art of beatmapping to come up with anything decent.

Sometimes I take hiatuses from time to time, but when I am playing osu, I usually play a lot in a month (like, around 500 games a month, usually).

tl;dr, EBA -> osu -> "This will never take off" -> CS club osu binge -> Now.
miss_master_old
Ah,by a friend of mine.He always talked about OSU
19th Floor
I was watching random gameplays on Youtube and I came upon a video of Cookiezi playing and I thought, "Hey, that looks so fun!" so I instantly searched for the game on the web, signed up, downloaded, and BOOM! now I'm addicted.
GeeNX
1 friend from my class on highschool show me a nightcore song and said: Do you like it?

I said: Yes.
Suddenly , he showed me the game, was very weird at 1st because I just knew Taiko no Tatsuujin I have it on my nintendo ds xD and well... I fell in love with osu
Michalv
Browsing and then found osu :3
MatthewCKC
I discover osu! when I was watching a video that playing a beatmap called "Nico Nico Douga - U.N. Owen Was Her?" in Youtube, then I am interested in this game, then I found it here.
Flanster
At first I was interested in Hatsune Miku songs and I saw osu gameplay in 2008 but I wasnt very interested, 2 years ago i saw more vids on youtube and decided to try osu out, and so here I am, almost 2 years in osu!
benjanyan
-
Misao
google.
Ceani
my friend got me addicted
AliceSuyeong
A certain community was paining to get everybody play it and I gave up a year later.
DestinySonata
A friend of mine was playing it in front of me.
sCam

AliceSuyeong wrote:

A certain community was paining to get everybody play it and I gave up a year later.
ohai silvers. finally decided to join. I'm gonna sooooo spec you failing.

edit; wtf you got 750 combo already, wtf.
show more